When somebody repeatedly replies to their own posts... you might want to refrain from trying to debate with them. That rabbit hole is too deep.
    Quick everybody look over there.....nothing to see here. (didn't put them all in one post, b/c they are different points - not replies to my own posts (unless you are thinking of the earlier accidental repeats -which i couldn't edit/delete)....but hey if you think they are...fine, doesn't matter either way, to the content. Or maybe you don't want to go too deep...that's does depend on your judgement of how good a swimmer or deep diver you might be. Or whether you are allowed into th deep end. Safety first....no worries though. Enjoy.
    11-28-17 03:36 PM
    Hmmm....move fast, break stuff....maybe Blackberry should imitate Google w.r.t. bb10?
    Ethical worries are beginning to slow down Alphabet’s AI health-care initiative | Financial Post
    11-29-17 12:56 AM
    Hurry up BB10-64 smart-car-phone...your ride might be leaving...
    https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/11/12/r...-drive-review/

https://crackberry.com/history-qnx-a...-blackberry-10
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 11-29-17 at 03:46 AM.
    11-29-17 01:17 AM
    I'm quite amused at the similarities of the arguments here and at windowscentral. 😸
    You mean the ppl at windowscentral are also thinking of ways of keeping BB10 alive? GREAT! Like porting all those apps made for the extinguished window's phone?

Some fellow once claimed that MS approached QNX (pre-BB10) to be the basis of their Microsoft Window's product. Don't know if its true or not or just a vicious rumour, but its an interesting claim. Apparantly MS cheaped out on the offer, and so it was no-deal.
    11-29-17 03:58 AM
    another scenario....building a cheaper bb10 device for places like india. Did you know fully 1/3 of devices in india cost <$100US and only have 1gig or less of memory? (those cheap useless Android devices (the global bulk of Android) I've mentioned in the past). Daily Indian users run out of space on their phones, and have the added burden of whether your app is worth deleting something else off the phone. Who's that dude who owns a big chunk of BB anyways. Does he know this? A bb10 Device with 2gig/ 16-32G ram with SD card device in India at low cost would still be appealling in 2018 for that huge market it seems.
    12-01-17 03:51 AM
    I just happened by this 550+ post thread and read most of it in a combination of tongue in cheek and the struggles many of the people who actually LIKE the smooth efficiency of our BlackBerry 10 phones for their intended function- getting work done. I don't know if the ex-users who "needed" to switch to android so they could play their favorite games or kill hours a day on social media think that the OS is useless or really worry about it. I still surprise people who are amazed at the way my outdated cellphone Multi-tasks better and easier than their new toy can. So as long as the device does what I need it to do for me I join the group of users still satisfied with my device and especially the OS. I make zero claims that it's perfect for every user since the market has proven differently. I only posted here because I saw the Alphabet story of their trying to get their claws into health-care data as an expansion of the business model of "data mine the heck out of every possible user" that's proven so successful for them. I don't think that any company that makes its money by selling the data about it's users should be given access to such personal information. Yes, I see the possibilities they speak of regarding the way they might ultimately be able to help keep people healthier. I also see SO many ways to abuse the data that would frighten people who thought their psychiatric or other intensely private matters shouldn't be used to sell the newest medications, or used to force compliance with some nanny types idea of how they must live their lives. Considering the way that so many companies already think that because people are too dumb to care about their privacy it gives them the right to demand for ever increasing intrusion I don't see society benefit from more of the same. Of course, the demand for free stuff will continue, with 99% of users unable to grasp the simple fact that if you aren't paying for the product, it's because you are the product being sold...

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    12-01-17 05:01 AM
    While I love BB10 and to this day still use my Z10, I literally mean to this day as my KEYone arrives today. My hope is that it was a good decision. I will be seeking out ways to make it more secure.

Really have enjoyed BB10 but it's time to let it go...

Posted via CB10
    12-01-17 05:06 AM
    I just happened by this 550+ post thread and read most of it in a combination of tongue in cheek and the struggles many of the people who actually LIKE the smooth efficiency of our BlackBerry 10 phones for their intended function- getting work done. I don't know if the ex-users who "needed" to switch to android so they could play their favorite games or kill hours a day on social media think that the OS is useless or really worry about it. I still surprise people who are amazed at the way my outdated cellphone Multi-tasks better and easier than their new toy can. So as long as the device does what I need it to do for me I join the group of users still satisfied with my device and especially the OS. I make zero claims that it's perfect for every user since the market has proven differently. I only posted here because I saw the Alphabet story of their trying to get their claws into health-care data as an expansion of the business model of "data mine the heck out of every possible user" that's proven so successful for them. I don't think that any company that makes its money by selling the data about it's users should be given access to such personal information. Yes, I see the possibilities they speak of regarding the way they might ultimately be able to help keep people healthier. I also see SO many ways to abuse the data that would frighten people who thought their psychiatric or other intensely private matters shouldn't be used to sell the newest medications, or used to force compliance with some nanny types idea of how they must live their lives. Considering the way that so many companies already think that because people are too dumb to care about their privacy it gives them the right to demand for ever increasing intrusion I don't see society benefit from more of the same. Of course, the demand for free stuff will continue, with 99% of users unable to grasp the simple fact that if you aren't paying for the product, it's because you are the product being sold...

So has a single person who was "amazed by your multitasking" gone out and bought a BB10 phone? Because most likely they never gave it another passing thought after you showed them.

Bottom line is that people buy what meets their wants and needs. And for, oh, 99% of the phone buying public, 3rd party software is more important than fluid multitasking. "Vote with your wallet" the saying goes.

You're damn right I left BB10 because of apps. Just about everyone who left it did because of apps. I don't care how good a base OS is, without 3rd party software it has no chance. Look at every single failed phone OS over the past decade and they all have exactly one thing in common.
    12-01-17 07:26 AM
    So has a single person who was "amazed by your multitasking" gone out and bought a BB10 phone? Because most likely they never gave it another passing thought after you showed them.
    No, no, they all bought two dozen BB10 phones each, and then the whole bus clapped, and then the bus driver gave him free rides for life. That driver's name? Albert Einstein.
    mindedge and anon(9803228) like this.
    12-01-17 07:48 AM
    ... the smooth efficiency of our BlackBerry 10 phones for their intended function- getting work done. I don't know if the ex-users who "needed" to switch to android so they could play their favorite games or kill hours a day on social media think that the OS is useless or really worry about it. I still surprise people who are amazed at the way my outdated cellphone Multi-tasks better and easier than their new toy can.
    You can get exactly ZERO work done if the app you need isn't available.

Last time I checked, the Microsoft Office suite was neither a game nor a social media app.

As far as multi-tasking, is it really a chore to tap the square instead of swipe up? Oh wait, you can actually swipe up through the square.
    mindedge likes this.
    12-01-17 08:32 AM
    I just happened by this 550+ post thread and read most of it in a combination of tongue in cheek and the struggles many of the people who actually LIKE the smooth efficiency of our BlackBerry 10 phones for their intended function- getting work done. I don't know if the ex-users who "needed" to switch to android so they could play their favorite games or kill hours a day on social media think that the OS is useless or really worry about it.

Ok, now my 2 cents worth.

If you want someone to read your post, please write IN PARAGRAPHS. What you wrote is EXCEEDINGLY difficult to read!

I'm one of those users who switched because of an app. Google Hangouts, specifically, for WORK PURPOSES.
    I don't even have Facebook installed, I use the mobile web page.

There are many of us who use our phones primarily for business and switched from BB10 because it just didn't do the job any more. I might be a bit of an anomaly because I don't live on my phone like many entrepreneurial types - however, when I'm on call on vacation, the email / Hangouts combination is CRITICAL for me and BB10 couldn't do it for me.
    12-01-17 08:45 AM
    You can get exactly ZERO work done if the app you need isn't available.

Last time I checked, the Microsoft Office suite was neither a game nor a social media app.

As far as multi-tasking, is it really a chore to tap the square instead of swipe up? Oh wait, you can actually swipe up through the square.
    As someone who still uses BB10, I agree with you that it makes no sense to use a phone that doesn't fully and easily support the apps you need to use regularly.

However,as someone who spends a LOT of time is MS Office, I wouldn't ever advocate for its use on Android or iOS except in dire necessity. It's almost always worth the extra time to open a laptop with the Win32 or Mac OS version for anything beyond changing a word in PowerPoint or a cell value in Excel.

In addition, for me, personally, MS Office without VBA scripts and add-ins isn't "real" MS Office, but I know that's not true for most users!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-01-17 02:45 PM
    As someone who still uses BB10, I agree with you that it makes no sense to use a phone that doesn't fully and easily support the apps you need to use regularly.

However,as someone who spends a LOT of time is MS Office, I wouldn't ever advocate for its use on Android or iOS except in dire necessity. It's almost always worth the extra time to open a laptop with the Win32 or Mac OS version for anything beyond changing a word in PowerPoint or a cell value in Excel.

In addition, for me, personally, MS Office without VBA scripts and add-ins isn't "real" MS Office, but I know that's not true for most users!

Actually, Microsoft Office on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a dream. I use it all the time.

But, of course, I just used that app as an example. Take your pick.
    12-01-17 02:49 PM

Agreed that apps matter, and that limits BB10's viability to the few people like me who do most of their mobile work on the MS Exchange/OneDrive platform.

For me, MS Office and PC apps in general are much, much better on PCs, with all 10 fingers using dozens of keyboard shortcuts and custom macros. Since there is no real equivalent in the Mobile versions of the apps, I just prefer to boot up a laptop for them.

But Microsoft has made great improvements to the point where I rarely recommend Google's office productivity apps to clients who don't need custom development or website integration.

12-01-17 07:51 PM
    Retro-fit...This could easily have been a BB10 device...and look at that price!
    Attached Thumbnails Open Letter to BlackBerry, Let's Talk About BB10-bb10-car-playbook.gif  
    12-04-17 11:58 PM
    I'm also one who prefers to open my laptop for MS Office or Outlook. I suppose if you have to use the various apps you'll likely be familiar with android anyway so I'm not sure what (if any) value remains from BlackBerry. They're not waterproof like many of the newer phones and so I think that more people will drift away. Other than diehards like me who have simple enough needs that BB10 serves well, I guess the future BlackBerry is just QNX...

12-05-17 10:09 AM
    Stop feeding the trolls and they go away (or starve to death)
    12-06-17 03:41 AM
    But can we make it to 600? Don't stop short of the finish line! If we don't make it, bb10 and it's legacy will fade away........

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 05:37 AM
    But can we make it to 600? Don't stop short of the finish line! If we don't make it, bb10 and it's legacy will fade away........

Posted via CB10
    Ok I'll make it 594. Just give a certain person time and I'm sure he'll reply to his own posts enough to cross the finish line.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    12-07-17 06:39 AM
    Open Letter to BlackBerry, Let's Talk About BB10-eatingpopcorn.jpg
    Last edited by rayporsche; 12-07-17 at 11:21 AM.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    12-07-17 06:49 AM

If it works for you, then great. But for many people it is a poor alternative. If I give you my document, ask you to add a chapter in it using Office for Android, it is not going to come back right when I fire it up on my desktop version of Office. There are SO many basic features it doesn't support at all. And it's not just Word, Excel too.

My work is like this: If I have to create, then I fire up the laptop. If I have to communicate when I'm on the go, then it's the smartphone. If I have to work away from my desk, that's why they made laptops.

We use some pretty standard, but newer, laptops at work. They will run nearly the entire workday on battery even though I'm typing and browsing and compiling all the time.
    Try that on your smartphone, most will putter out if you try to put in 6 hours screen on time, not to mention you'll be working slower too.

People have spoke with their wallets and they bought what they think they need. It doesn't mean that's what they actually need. I've told this story before, at the last place I worked, they gave the option of swapping from their old BlackBerry phones. Most took the choice of iPhone. When I asked them why, most admitted it did not help productivity, they only picked it to play games and fool around with personal stuff

Consider this example: One President of the United States didn't really get a full smartphone (and by all accounts loved his old BB7 phone) while another president tweets from his smartphone endlessly. Which one is getting more good & useful work done?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 05:36 PM
    If it works for you, then great. But for many people it is a poor alternative. If I give you my document, ask you to add a chapter in it using Office for Android, it is not going to come back right when I fire it up on my desktop version of Office. There are SO many basic features it doesn't support at all. And it's not just Word, Excel too.

My work is like this: If I have to create, then I fire up the laptop. If I have to communicate when I'm on the go, then it's the smartphone. If I have to work away from my desk, that's why they made laptops.

We use some pretty standard, but newer, laptops at work. They will run nearly the entire workday on battery even though I'm typing and browsing and compiling all the time.
    Try that on your smartphone, most will putter out if you try to put in 6 hours screen on time, not to mention you'll be working slower too.

People have spoke with their wallets and they bought what they think they need. It doesn't mean that's what they actually need. I've told this story before, at the last place I worked, they gave the option of swapping from their old BlackBerry phones. Most took the choice of iPhone. When I asked them why, most admitted it did not help productivity, they only picked it to play games and fool around with personal stuff

Consider this example: One President of the United States didn't really get a full smartphone (and by all accounts loved his old BB7 phone) while another president tweets from his smartphone endlessly. Which one is getting more good & useful work done?

Posted via CB10
    You're making a big point out of a simple example of an app that is neither social nor game that one needs to "get work done".

I was responding to this: "the smooth efficiency of our BlackBerry 10 phones for their intended function- getting work done. I don't know if the ex-users who "needed" to switch to android so they could play their favorite games or kill hours a day on social media think that the OS is useless"
    12-07-17 05:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd say the one now is getting more done. The last guy was just a politician. The guy now, like him or not, is a businessman. You might disagree with him, but things are getting done. Nothing getting done before last 10-12 years before...

Must be Android. Tool not toy. LMAO.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 12-08-17 at 07:05 AM.
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-07-17 08:20 PM
    #599 . The price of that last shouda been bb10 device retrofit for your car.

Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 12-07-17 at 10:55 PM.
    12-07-17 10:38 PM
    and....what hundred? BB's agreement with Qualcomm....hmmm maybe they are reading this thread after all. Thumpy thump thump...thumpty thump thump.....

Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 12-07-17 at 10:53 PM.
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-07-17 10:39 PM
716 ... 2223242526 ...