11-25-17 01:52 PM
    Welcome to my ignore list. I asked you nicely to stop and you keep blathering on the same stupid crap.
    11-25-17 01:53 PM
    I'm so tired of reading this crap.
    Well as a wise farmer once told me, this year's crap is next year's fertilizer.
    11-25-17 02:38 PM
    ....and some are extremely interested in making sure, that "no-one" is interested in seeing BB10 or a successor sees the light of day.
    Must be speaking of Thorsten Heins, c. 2013...
    11-25-17 05:57 PM
    Must be speaking of Thorsten Heins, c. 2013...
    LMHO ! .....but seriously for a moment....no.

Alas BB10, I never knew you....
    Here's the bb10 Playbook2 that might have Been....wow they even took my idea right down to playing battleship on it (wonder if they did a Connect Four and Card games as well). It even snap locks open. Well except I envisioned it's screens could also fold closed in on themselves as well Hey did you guys sell this idea to ZTE or was it one of the BlackBerry Forum employees back when it was a thing when I posted it there as well as CrackBerry? I'm laughing about A-pull applying for a foldable screen phone patent just recently. This could have been bb10's ipad killer (one device/not two phone/tablet). Working Wide....wider than the wide smile of using the BlackBerry Passport. Remember the z20/20 anyone? Hey who do I sue? Anyone agree this might have been a great BB10 device (conceptually at least).
    ZTE Axon M hands on review | TechRadar
    As an Android...so-so, but as a BB10 Playbook (with all the playbook gestures) this would have shined (Blackberry would have done a better job though!)

(Maybe tcl will roll out a BlackBerry badged android version of what might have been a great new BlackBerry BB10 device.)
    (PS: I love it, they even dare to have a "Passport Program " for the phone on their US website (slider #6 ) https://www.zteusa.com/axonm/

Playbook2 this could have been you!
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 11-26-17 at 12:43 AM.
    11-25-17 11:08 PM
    There are still lots of us that use BB10 for the Hub and the efficiency of the IS to get work done. There is nothing wrong with us hoping even if it is unrealistic that the OS will be saved.

If there is one lonely corner of the Internet where BB10 users gather and fantasize about a future for their OS, is there a need to hunt them down and ruin their fun?

Posted via CB10
    Like I've said several times before, somebody just needs to register www.bb10safespace.com and have at it.

What cracks me up is that none of you guys will spend a few bucks a month to run a "good feels" website but actually think that thousands or millions of people will pay a monthly subscription to keep the zombie OS alive!
    11-26-17 05:27 AM
    Like I've said several times before, somebody just needs to register www.bb10safespace.com and have at it.

What cracks me up is that none of you guys will spend a few bucks a month to run a "good feels" website but actually think that thousands or millions of people will pay a monthly subscription to keep the zombie OS alive!
    Why can't we find such a space here on CrackBerry - the largest, most popular, most prestigious BlackBerry fan site on the planet?

Oh, that's right, because allowing flame wars generates views and clicks.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    11-26-17 07:27 AM
    Why? Because this is an open discussion forum on all things Blackberry. Because people are allowed to have differences of opinion. Because having a different opinion is not trolling, regardless of what some may think. Because a newcomer being directed here should be met with facts and informed conclusions, not pie-in-the-sky "if only Warren Buffet/Samsung/Bill Gates/God would buy BB10" pipe dreams.

Nonsense gets countered with sense. A public forum isn't a safe space, it's an open community. If you want a safe space, make a private website and make your own rules and ban anyone who would dare tell the actual truth instead of what you want to hear.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    11-26-17 08:17 AM
    11-26-17 08:57 AM
    Why? Because this is an open discussion forum on all things Blackberry. Because people are allowed to have differences of opinion. Because having a different opinion is not trolling, regardless of what some may think. Because a newcomer being directed here should be met with facts and informed conclusions, not pie-in-the-sky "if only Warren Buffet/Samsung/Bill Gates/God would buy BB10" pipe dreams.

Nonsense gets countered with sense. A public forum isn't a safe space, it's an open community. If you want a safe space, make a private website and make your own rules and ban anyone who would dare tell the actual truth instead of what you want to hear.
    I see. So all opinions are allowed here, but unpopular opinions are "nonsense" and should be treated as such?

It's one thing to state truth, to correct misinformation with facts. It's another thing to imply that people are willfully ignorant because they dare to prefer BB10 over other platforms or dream and speculate about the circumstances under which it might be revived and continue in some form or fashion.

BB10 fans don't need a safe space. We can all peacefully coexist here if we try.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-26-17 09:08 AM
    I see. So all opinions are allowed here, but unpopular opinions are "nonsense" and should be treated as such?

It's one thing to state truth, to correct misinformation with facts. It's another thing to imply that people are willfully ignorant because they dare to prefer BB10 over other platforms or dream and speculate about the circumstances under which it might be revived and continue in some form or fashion.

BB10 fans don't need a safe space. We can all peacefully coexist here if we try.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    Any opinion regrading a possible "future" for BB10 IS de facto nonsense.

But I've never seen anyone denigrate anyone else's stated preference for BB10.
    mindedge likes this.
    11-26-17 09:19 AM
    Any opinion regrading a possible "future" for BB10 IS de facto nonsense.

But I've never seen anyone denigrate anyone else's stated preference for BB10.
    There you have it, folks. Straight from the horse's mouth.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    11-26-17 09:33 AM
    There you have it, folks. Straight from the horse's mouth.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    It's time to get on board. BlackBerry did a long time ago.
    11-26-17 09:34 AM

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    No you want to have your cake (or popcorn, thanks Conite) and eat it too. You want to make wild speculations but only want an echo chamber to respond to them. Any dissenting opinion is a "troll" or "paid google shill" based on the stuff I read here.

Unpopular opnions aren't nonsense. I'll tell you what nonsense is. Nonsense is expecting a company to waste its last 2 or 3 billion dollars in cash on an OS that lost over 10 billion and put it in the bind it's in now. Nonsense is the OP of this very thread. Day after day, thread after thread, it's the same theme:

10-figure philanthropy from some billionaire or corporation who "feels sorry" for BB10 and thinks it deserves a chance.

Willfully disregarding the intellectual property rights of other software companies and altering their apps without their permission.

Bob and Fred working out of their garage on weekends to maintain and continuously update the OS, even though for some reason Apple and Google need thousands of employees to do the same work.

Oh... yeah how about a car that won't start or run unless you own a BB10 phone, and if said phone gets lost then you have a 4,000 pound paperweight.

Stuff like that is the very definition of nonsense. And it will get called out. So again, if anyone wants to keep it from being called out, they need their own private forum where they can control what gets said and who can say it. No different than BB10. If the fictional billionaire philanthropist wants a BB10 revival, he will buy Blackberry and take it private. But as long at BBRY is a publicly traded company, the top shareholders and Board of Directors call the shots, not fanboys.
    11-26-17 10:21 AM
    No you want to have your cake (or popcorn, thanks Conite) and eat it too. You want to make wild speculations but only want an echo chamber to respond to them. Any dissenting opinion is a "troll" or "paid google shill" based on the stuff I read here.

Unpopular opnions aren't nonsense. I'll tell you what nonsense is. Nonsense is expecting a company to waste its last 2 or 3 billion dollars in cash on an OS that lost over 10 billion and put it in the bind it's in now. Nonsense is the OP of this very thread. Day after day, thread after thread, it's the same theme:

10-figure philanthropy from some billionaire or corporation who "feels sorry" for BB10 and thinks it deserves a chance.

Willfully disregarding the intellectual property rights of other software companies and altering their apps without their permission.

Bob and Fred working out of their garage on weekends to maintain and continuously update the OS, even though for some reason Apple and Google need thousands of employees to do the same work.

Oh... yeah how about a car that won't start or run unless you own a BB10 phone, and if said phone gets lost then you have a 4,000 pound paperweight.

Stuff like that is the very definition of nonsense. And it will get called out. So again, if anyone wants to keep it from being called out, they need their own private forum where they can control what gets said and who can say it. No different than BB10. If the fictional billionaire philanthropist wants a BB10 revival, he will buy Blackberry and take it private. But as long at BBRY is a publicly traded company, the top shareholders and Board of Directors call the shots, not fanboys.
    Your opinion is noted.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    11-26-17 11:17 AM
    Your opinion is noted.
    The passive-aggressive version of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting, “la la la I’m not listening la la la.”
    11-26-17 12:25 PM
    Your opinion is noted.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    11-26-17 12:27 PM
    The nonsense part is somehow getting all upset that a company like BlackBerry isn't actually listening to these ideas and putting them into practice. As if someone off the street knows how to run a billion dollar business.

The nonsense part is taking it personally when others point out why such ideas simply won't work in reality.

I fully understand the brilliance of BB10, as well it's limitations. I also know there's no future. We can all dream that it could go further, but why torture ourselves acting as if any of this will actually make a difference.
    11-26-17 12:31 PM
    ...but Chen made a hard decision to save the company, not to satisfy its loyal fans.
    No company can be saved without satisfying its loyal fans.
    11-26-17 12:39 PM
    I disagree, and I think Chen is doing it. Ideally I think everybody that participates in this forum would like to see BB10 alive and thriving rather than using android. Unfortunately this isn't reality. Chen would have satisfied us by continuing BB10; however, the future of the company would be jeopardized.
    11-26-17 12:42 PM
    I disagree, and I think Chen is doing it. Ideally I think everybody that participates in this forum would like to see BB10 alive and thriving rather than using android. Unfortunately this isn't reality. Chen would have satisfied us by continuing BB10; however, the future of the company would be jeopardized.
    John Chen is actually doing fine as the Executive Chairman & Chief Executive Officer - however imo, Dr. Sandeep Chennakeshu (President, BlackBerry Technology Solutions) isn't feeding the Board of Directors rightly. Going off hardware business is Ok - but killing* it's masterpiece software isn't. BB10 can coexist with TCL's DroidBerries.

*tho the writing is on the wall - but I believe a kill-switch hasn't actually been turned on for BB10, yet.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-26-17 12:54 PM
    What's amazing is that a lot of the same arguments were made back in 2013 when BB10 first came out. Fans of BBOS felt they were the loyal fans being left behind. Making posts left and right about how simply updating the BBOS platform and keeping BIS would save - as they were still called at that time - RIM.

To a degree, I agreed. BB10 was built from the ground up (on the bed of QNX, of course), but also purposely developed in a vacuum. Totally ignoring the best features of BBOS, because "we have to start fresh". Then, all the complaints meant that BlackBerry spent the next year and a half slowly shoe-horning many of those features back in.

Had the transition happened sooner, and made more seamless with BBOS, the story might be different now.

But, what happened has happened and won't change. We have to live with that, or not. I guess that's the choice we each have to make.

But even if we chose not to live with it, it still won't change.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-26-17 01:11 PM
    John Chen is actually doing fine as the Executive Chairman & Chief Executive Officer - however imo, Dr. Sandeep Chennakeshu (President, BlackBerry Technology Solutions) isn't feeding the Board of Directors rightly. Going off hardware business is Ok - but killing* it's masterpiece software isn't. BB10 can coexist with TCL's DroidBerries.

*tho the writing is on the wall - but I believe a kill-switch hasn't actually been turned on for BB10, yet.
    You're right, it has not been officially explicitly killed. However, if you were CEO, do you think it would be worth it to invest time and money into BB10 to co-exist? The number of BB10 buyers would be significantly less, and they would have a much higher internal cost to produce bb10 devices. I'm pretty sure they laid off everybody that was working on BB10, and the current TCL-BlackBerry outsourcing agreement adheres to android devices only. Therefore, BlackBerry would have to manufacture BB10 devices in-house. Unless, however, they convinced TCL to manufacture those as well, which I don't think they'd be interested in doing.

I don't think it makes sense for them to be operating with two different platforms. Much higher cost to maintain both android and BB10.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-26-17 01:12 PM
    You're right, but loyal fans were already burned well before BB10 had launched. BBOS had many frustrations (spinning clock, battery pulls, etc) that drove people to other platforms. The delays that BB10 saw didn't help keep fans either. When BB10 actually launched it was missing core BlackBerry features like keyboard shortcuts, the toolbelt, and it almost completely ignored the needs of its large audience in emerging markets. For many loyal fans I'm sure that was a bigger deal than the app gap.

Remember, "Crackberry" is more than just a forum, those people had to have gone somewhere.

Alex Thurber had hinted at potential licensing deals for BB10 in the past so I'm sure BlackBerry is fine with letting BB10 and BB Android coexist if an interested party steps up as a licensee.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-26-17 01:48 PM

How can it be made more official than it is? The staff is gone, the buildings are gone, the development infrastructure is gone, the management is gone and/or repurposed, etc, etc. The cost to re-ignite the entire operation is astronomical.

A potential licencee would have to come up with an unholy amount of money in 2017, when none did it in 2014 for a small fraction of the cost.
    Qorax and rayporsche like this.
    11-26-17 01:51 PM
716 ... 2021222324 ...