All hail Levi Strauss! ๐Ÿ˜
    11-23-17 07:50 PM
    502 - Louisville
    11-23-17 08:29 PM
    503 - BMW ....yet it lives on...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_503
    11-23-17 09:24 PM
    11-23-17 10:22 PM
    After so much investment, and so much loss, it wasn't that BB10 wasn't a great OS, It still is relevant. It's that it didn't go far enough!

Posted via CB10
    If it had gone any further this company would no longer exist financially. BB10 was awesome, but Chen made a hard decision to save the company, not to satisfy its loyal fans.
    11-23-17 11:59 PM
    Personally I have already moved on from BB10, although not completely by choice, I'm not exactly upset about it either. I accidentally broke the screen and although the phone does turn on and ring, and the keyboard lights up, the screen does not. I bought a cheap android phone for temporary use until I can afford a better phone. I was considering an iPhone, but even an iPhone 6+ is going for more than I want to spend. So I was reading a post on here about how someone chose a specific android phone due to it being as close to vanilla Android as possible. That got me thinking, a vanilla android phone with decent specs at an affordable price would probably make me happy, so I started searching and found the Nokia 6. The black version is 4g of ram and 64g of internal storage, and it's under $300 so I've decided to go with that phone when I am able to afford it.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-24-17 02:38 AM
    The only two things I see "going" for BB10 are security and the fact that it's a "unique" OS. But it's commercially dead and heading towards obsolescence. For some of you, BB10 still meets your needs and that's all fine, well and good. But the fact is that it does not function at today's standards. The myriad of things it cannot do are what the majority of today's smartphone users want in a phone, and they want those things to work right out of the box. I'm sorry to say but the vast majority of smartphone users today simply are not concerned with security, and even those that are would not trade functionality for security. I loved BB10 but I don't really give a hoot about security because I really have nothing to hide or protect. That doesn't mean security isn't important, there are many situations where it absolutely is. But again, the vast majority of users don't want to sacrifice functionality. And this is the chief reason BB10 failed, and it's not coming back. It doesn't matter what ideas you come up with, and on that note you clearly don't possess the education or industry knowledge to come up with any accurate or viable ideas, you just throw numbers out there and they are repeatedly shot down by people who actually know what they're talking about. It's actually a little bit upsetting that you continually ignore their accurate and viable assessments in favor of a pipe dream. Please stop. I'm asking you nicely, stop wasting everyone's time here. Think about all you like on your own time but please stop vomiting your hyperbole all over this forum.
    11-24-17 02:54 AM
    Personally I have already moved on from BB10, although not completely by choice, I'm not exactly upset about it either. I accidentally broke the screen and although the phone does turn on and ring, and the keyboard lights up, the screen does not. I bought a cheap android phone for temporary use until I can afford a better phone. I was considering an iPhone, but even an iPhone 6+ is going for more than I want to spend. So I was reading a post on here about how someone chose a specific android phone due to it being as close to vanilla Android as possible. That got me thinking, a vanilla android phone with decent specs at an affordable price would probably make me happy, so I started searching and found the Nokia 6. The black version is 4g of ram and 64g of internal storage, and it's under $300 so I've decided to go with that phone when I am able to afford it.
    My story is similar - it was software that made the choice for me to jump.

The difference is that I really badly wanted to stay with BB in order to get the PKB. So, I wound up with a PRIV (Keyone not available in the timeframe).

I'm happy. Not ecstatic, but happy.
    11-24-17 09:41 AM
    There are still lots of us that use BB10 for the Hub and the efficiency of the IS to get work done. There is nothing wrong with us hoping even if it is unrealistic that the OS will be saved.

If there is one lonely corner of the Internet where BB10 users gather and fantasize about a future for their OS, is there a need to hunt them down and ruin their fun?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 02:13 PM
    There are still lots of us that use BB10 for the Hub and the efficiency of the IS to get work done. There is nothing wrong with us hoping even if it is unrealistic that the OS will be saved.

If there is one lonely corner of the Internet where BB10 users gather and fantasize about a future for their OS, is there a need to hunt them down and ruin their fun?

Posted via CB10
    Bit dramatic? BB10 users in the category you describe bring it upon themselves with the ridiculous inaccurate comments they make about BB10. The rest of us just enjoy poking holes into fantasyland with reality...
    11-24-17 02:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nothing wrong with championing a preferred OS.

But off-the-wall statements regarding the future of BB10 does not trigger an automatic "safe space".
    butterbean1983 likes this.
    11-24-17 02:51 PM
    Why not to just enjoy favourite OS and stop discussing these obvious stuff? I myself know for sure BB10 is dead, but I adore it, and the smartphones, like Classic & Passport. And world is nevertheless beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 04:48 PM
    It's waste of time to talk about BlackBerry, who betrayed it's own os

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 04:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    And yet, here you are...
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-24-17 05:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    So continue to lose billions of dollars so as not to betray their own OS?
    11-24-17 05:27 PM
    ahhh...you missed your chance ..you were supposed to say.....well in that case you are wasting your time, wasting your talent and wasting your treasure....oh well you missed your opportunity....as would BB if they don't get on this. Though to answer your response more directly ....recruited talent often get share options in addition to salary, if their contributions are deemed significant to the enterprise)
    I donโ€™t think you understand: the only way you can have BB execute your idea is that you buy the entire company. And bring it private. Cause there is no way the current shareholders are going to let you execute your fantaisies with their money
    11-24-17 05:56 PM
    I donโ€™t think you understand: the only way you can have BB execute your idea is that you buy the entire company. And bring it private. Cause there is no way the current shareholders are going to let you execute your fantaisies with their money
    Will they take a bouncing cheque for the entire amount (we could do the funding Rogers style though)? (lol)
    So I guess Fjord and BackBury might'nt execute it, well I guess that leafs Sammy'song and Hi-unDay or A-pull to do once they've gone through this thread. Like sammy is doing with that other idea.

(I wonder though, does anyone running BB nowadays even know how good BB10 really is? ... and still they haven't yet sold it as a platform for other device makers?.)
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 11-24-17 at 11:21 PM.
    11-24-17 07:32 PM
    Will they take a bouncing cheque for the entire amount (we could do the funding Rogers style though)? (lol)
    So I guess Fjord and BackBury might'nt execute it, well I guess that leafs Sammy'song and Hi-unDay or A-pull to do once they've gone through this thread. Like sammy is doing with that other idea.

(I wonder though, does anyone running BB nowadays even know how good BB10 really is? ... and still they haven't yet sold it as a platform for other device makers?.)
    Because NO-ONE is interested in licencing BB10 for powering their devices.

Posted via CB10
    glwerry likes this.
    11-25-17 10:54 AM
    Because NO-ONE is interested in licencing BB10 for powering their devices.

Posted via CB10
    ....and some are extremely interested in making sure, that "no-one" is interested in seeing BB10 or a successor sees the light of day.
    Asvertus likes this.
    11-25-17 12:17 PM
    And some are just extremely delusional. ๐Ÿ˜
    11-25-17 12:25 PM
    ....and some are extremely interested in making sure, that "no-one" is interested in seeing BB10 or a successor sees the light of day.
    As a shareholder, I don't want $1 to be spent on BB10. Pure folly.
    11-25-17 12:28 PM
    ....and folly goes to high places....hey when we're serfs we can't speak our minds....the dollar argument.... is quite the spin....on the monopoly problem.
    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/0...of_objections/
    ( Official: EU goes after Google, alleges it uses Android to kill competition)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/07..._phone_makers/
    Personal Tech:EU dons gloves, pokes Google's deals with Android mobe makers
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 11-25-17 at 01:39 PM.
    11-25-17 01:02 PM
    We could always slap a 100 dollar per phone unfair trade "monopoly tax" (as a remedy for the cartel) on all androids equipped with Google, to rebalance the marketplace by keeping a third party alive, until the marketplace restores itself to a healhier state.....where a superior operating system (bb10)has a chance to recover. Oh the telcos will howl for a while, but will thank me later - to prevent the one-supplier problem. (If I was an employee of Google, I'd howl too, but hey I'm not).

So what would that add up to....10million times $100......wow...there's the $1billion annually in investment money everyone claims is needed, probably would be matched by private sector investment as well. Can't see why anyone at any end of the political spectrum would argue with the logic here.
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 11-25-17 at 01:41 PM.
    11-25-17 01:15 PM
    We could always slap a 100 dollar per phone unfair trade "monopoly tax" (as a remedy for the cartel) on all androids equipped with Google, to rebalance the marketplace by keeping a third party alive, until the marketplace restores itself to a healhier state.....where a superior operating system (bb10)has a chance to recover. Oh the telcos will howl for a while, but will thank me later - to prevent the one-supplier problem. (If I was an employee of Google, I'd howl too, but hey but I'm not).

So what would that add up to....10million times $100......wow...there's the $1billion annually in investment money everyone claims is needed, probably would be matched by private sector investment as well. Can't see why anyone at any end of the political spectrum would argue with the logic here.
    Good luck with that plan.
    11-25-17 01:38 PM
    I'm so tired of reading this crap.
    anon(10065266) likes this.
    11-25-17 01:51 PM
716 ... 1920212223 ...