I imagine the play part of the smartphone will be possibly siloed by QNX from the critical auto processes, and they will be protected while driving while the glitchy processes would be shut-down as the QNX kernel would isolate the bad-behavers or just shut-down that entire smartphone section while driving if necessary. Glitchyness is likely due to less than industrial strength app development on the consumer space of the phone, while the car side will be the same industrial design as currently resides under the hood, and then some. The problem with lost,broken or stolen phones is the same as with car keys today....except popping in and getting a new phone and downloading your app from the cloud will be as easy, or even easier than cutting a new key for your car. Just go to your telco get a phone, then bring to the dealer to load the app (or a variety of 1 stop solutions) or diy (depending on the automaker's desired service delivery channel options)

I imagine the system-critical auto-processes will be even more robust than the best of QNX protected iot devices.
    It’s not the same as stolen key!!!! Wow someone need to pinch you so that you wake up from fantaisie world!

Keys stays in your pocket all the time. I never take my keys out of my pocket. The door lock opens when I approach my car and the car starts by pushing a button.

But we are constantly taking out smartphone our of our pockets, so there is risk of theft, drops, battery drain, exposure to elements.

And you still haven’t addressed this fact: which car manufacturer will force their client to change their smartphone to use BB???????
    11-18-17 10:13 PM
    It’s not the same as stolen key!!!! Wow someone need to pinch you so that you wake up from fantaisie world!

Keys stays in your pocket all the time. I never take my keys out of my pocket. The door lock opens when I approach my car and the car starts by pushing a button.

But we are constantly taking out smartphone our of our pockets, so there is risk of theft, drops, battery drain, exposure to elements.

And you still haven’t addressed this fact: which car manufacturer will force their client to change their smartphone to use BB???????
    Re-think the key, ignition and vehicle security and infomatics my friend. Don't get stuck in the old paradigm where the key is a completely separate physical analog device, not uniquely tied to the user/owner and permitted drivers. My calculator can survive falls infinitely better than my smartphone, and I never recharge it....yet there you go, people are not carrying around as many separate calculators if the have a smartphone. Sure there may still be people carrying around calculators for specialized functions, doesn't mean the calculator on the phone is a rediculous app to have and won't be adopted. I don't expect universal adoption. It may not be the entry level model that contains this feature, but the mid and fully-loaded tiers that would...or it could be the reverse depends how the auto industry progresses in the next few years.

If I'm in the apps business, and I find a bb10x successor is going to start powering a whole host of vehicles i'm going to pay attention -and I might just think about re-porting my code in anticipation of some numbers, and gosh that application would be hard for the netflix's to continue to say 'no'. No one is forcing you to change your smartphone....but hey if it won't power your favorite vehicle.(ie doesn't have your must-have app)....such a shame you'll have to switch (lol) when you get a new car.....or just keep your other one as a toy, while you use the one that came with your car(lol) whenever you are out and about.
    11-19-17 12:49 AM
    I find that the deviation from reality in each BB10 thread increases exponentially with the number of pages in the thread. So we are now at unreality^11
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    11-19-17 06:59 AM
    I find that the deviation from reality in each BB10 thread increases exponentially with the number of pages in the thread. So we are now at unreality^11
    I hope for his sake he's just toying with us, and isn't remotely serious. Otherwise this is a medical situation.
    11-19-17 07:04 AM
    I hope for his sake he's just toying with us, and isn't remotely serious. Otherwise this is a medical situation.
    It's ridiculous. I really feel something has gone wrong with the minds of these few vocal BB10 proponents on CrackBerry.

It's so bad and gives the sensible people a bad name. Including those who still use or chose to move on once they felt BB10 no longer worked for them.

It's like watching a drama unfold where u already know the ending is gonna be sad.
    11-19-17 08:56 AM
    It's ridiculous. I really feel something has gone wrong with the minds of these few vocal BB10 proponents on CrackBerry.

It's so bad and gives the sensible people a bad name. Including those who still use or chose to move on once they felt BB10 no longer worked for them.

It's like watching a drama unfold where u already know the ending is gonna be sad.
    Open Letter to BlackBerry, Let's Talk About BB10-notendwell.jpg
    11-19-17 09:22 AM
    Well, there are still some of us who appreciate BB10 and use it daily, without any delusions about its status. I still hold out a remote hope that the KRACK WiFi vulnerability will get patches, but other than that I have how expectations at all.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-19-17 09:58 AM
    Well, there are still some of us who appreciate BB10 and use it daily, without any delusions about its status. I still hold out a remote hope that the KRACK WiFi vulnerability will get patches, but other than that I have how expectations at all.

I respect your reasonable approach. I am still getting used to my K1. Overall, not bad at all, but I do miss a few things.
    11-19-17 11:01 AM
    *snip*
    11-19-17 11:50 AM
    I think TV manufacturers should include a BB10 smartphone when they design their TVs. All the TV features would be on the phone and the TV will just act as a screen. Why do we have twice the apps... like netflix... once on the Tv and once on my Z30.... oh wait... lol
    Vizio tried doing exactly that by shipping an Android tablet and building in ChromeCast into their TV (and not building any "smart" stuff into the TV itself). It didn't sell, and they abandoned the idea.
    11-19-17 01:15 PM
    I have this whole new understanding now of flat earthers and Apollo conspiracies and Elvis lives conspiracies now. The human mind has this amazing ability to distort under emotional threat.

But maybe (hopefully) this whole thread is just a fun joke.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-19-17 01:23 PM
    Chime in: Should Microsoft build an Android emulator to address the Windows app gap? - Windows Centralhttps://apple.news/AJdUWU3ZUTq24iL9N__cppg
    11-19-17 01:33 PM
    Chime in: Should Microsoft build an Android emulator to address the Windows app gap? - Windows Centralhttps://apple.news/AJdUWU3ZUTq24iL9N__cppg
    No.

/blackberry-10-os-f269/should-bb10-os-do-same-1131295/
    11-19-17 01:37 PM
    No, don’t do it!
    11-19-17 01:39 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

The more highly complex ideas get wrapped up in simple user interfaces, the more prevalent this will become.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    11-19-17 04:29 PM
    Re-think the key, ignition and vehicle security and infomatics my friend. Don't get stuck in the old paradigm where the key is a completely separate physical analog device, not uniquely tied to the user/owner and permitted drivers. My calculator can survive falls infinitely better than my smartphone, and I never recharge it....yet there you go, people are not carrying around as many separate calculators if the have a smartphone. Sure there may still be people carrying around calculators for specialized functions, doesn't mean the calculator on the phone is a rediculous app to have and won't be adopted. I don't expect universal adoption. It may not be the entry level model that contains this feature, but the mid and fully-loaded tiers that would...or it could be the reverse depends how the auto industry progresses in the next few years.

If I'm in the apps business, and I find a bb10x successor is going to start powering a whole host of vehicles i'm going to pay attention -and I might just think about re-porting my code in anticipation of some numbers, and gosh that application would be hard for the netflix's to continue to say 'no'. No one is forcing you to change your smartphone....but hey if it won't power your favorite vehicle.(ie doesn't have your must-have app)....such a shame you'll have to switch (lol) when you get a new car.....or just keep your other one as a toy, while you use the one that came with your car(lol) whenever you are out and about.
    How the hell BB10 will power a whole bunch of cars if no car manufacturer adopts your idea?

The only way QNX still is around is that they run Carplay and Android Auto... or else car manufacturer would had gone knocking on someone else’s door
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-19-17 07:38 PM
    How the hell BB10 will power a whole bunch of cars if no car manufacturer adopts your idea?

The only way QNX still is around is that they run Carplay and Android Auto... or else car manufacturer would had gone knocking on someone else’s door
    Sure Carplay and Android Auto are fine for many many vehicles, but for others, "By the tapping of my thumbs, something wicked* this way comes."
    *auto-talk for impressive
    11-19-17 08:21 PM
    Sure Carplay and Android Auto are fine for many many vehicles, but for others, "By the tapping of my thumbs, something wicked* this way comes."
    *auto-talk for impressive
    I’m not saying their great. I am saying that that’s the direction car manufacturers are going. They or not gonna put the brains of their cars in a blackberry 10 phone!

And beside the obvious huge security concerns... that maybe for you is not important but for others it’s very important.

For instance what if you mistress calls and your gf is sitting right next to you. She then pitches your phone out of the window? Happens! There goes the brain of your car! And what? NO BREAKS??? NO STEERING? CARS STOPS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BRIDGE? OMG
    11-19-17 09:01 PM
    I’m not saying their great. I am saying that that’s the direction car manufacturers are going. They or not gonna put the brains of their cars in a blackberry 10 phone!

And beside the obvious huge security concerns... that maybe for you is not important but for others it’s very important.

For instance what if you mistress calls and your gf is sitting right next to you. She then pitches your phone out of the window? Happens! There goes the brain of your car! And what? NO BREAKS??? NO STEERING? CARS STOPS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BRIDGE? OMG
    Well then, I'd say maybe you got greedy?....good for her maybe?...and blackberry and the automaker and the service provider (lol)
    ...oops sorry was just imagining your situation.....previous post....ignition-locked into the car, phone can't be pried etc....though your g/f would be charged with a failed attempt at vehicular manslaughter (if she happened to be carrying a sledge-hammer in her purse), in which case, one less problem for you to decide upon I guess, and bonus- you won't have to text that its over, as she is taken away in handcuffs. (there's also another technical solution which i won't comment on though)
    11-19-17 10:01 PM
    Well then, I'd say maybe you got greedy?....good for her maybe?...and blackberry and the automaker and the service provider (lol)
    ...oops sorry was just imagining your situation.....previous post....ignition-locked into the car, phone can't be pried etc....though your g/f would be charged with a failed attempt at vehicular manslaughter (if she happened to be carrying a sledge-hammer in her purse), in which case, one less problem for you to decide upon I guess, and bonus- you won't have to text that its over, as she is taken away in handcuffs. (there's also another technical solution which i won't comment on though)
    You sound like you haven’t thought it through. I am using humour to try to explain a very big security flaw that you haven’t addressed. Today, cars that have keyless entry... if the keys somehow falls off the car, the car will continue running until you shut down the engine. ITS A SECURITY FEATURE that all cars has... it has to be programmed like this or else it won’t regulatory authorities.

Now how will YOUR design pass this test? What if a child picks up the phone and throws it out the window? Or you’re driving a convertible, hits a pothole and the phone bounces out?

And what if my Z10 reboots while I’m driving? Never heard of that happening right???

Had you thought how it would work with valet parking?

No manufacturer is gonna be stupid enough to rely the entire functioning of their car to a third party!
    11-19-17 11:01 PM
    "Don't try to win arguments with stubborn people." 😎
    11-19-17 11:10 PM
    "Don't try to win arguments with stubborn people."
    Haha you’re right! I really thought I could rescue him
    11-19-17 11:12 PM

So true.

I am the first to say that BB10 can still do far more than just emails and texting, but I also know well that BlackBerry since 2015 choose Android, then choose to retreat from hardware business.

Hoping for further development for BB10 or a new device powered by it is ridiculous.

I am still enjoying my Passport, but I don't expect updates or a BB10 successor.

And I don't think than BB10 is superior to Android, power management is much better on Android since Marshmallow than on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-17 01:42 AM
    So true.

I am the first to say that BB10 can still do far more than just emails and texting, but I also know well that BlackBerry since 2015 choose Android, then choose to retreat from hardware business.

Hoping for further development for BB10 or a new device powered by it is ridiculous.

I am still enjoying my Passport, but I don't expect updates or a BB10 successor.

And I don't think than BB10 is superior to Android, power management is much better on Android since Marshmallow than on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Well the S8 is the king of pretty much all battery drain test! That should mean something about Android and power management
    11-20-17 07:53 AM
    I respect your reasonable approach. I am still getting used to my K1. Overall, not bad at all, but I do miss a few things.
    I like my KEYone just fine for everything EXCEPT work. The Android Hub+ is not nearly as clean and simple as the BB10 Hub.

i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-20-17 08:12 AM
716 ... 1617181920 ...