I only saw one android phone on the list. the LG, and besides, who is going to pay for the migration??
    You have to search for vendors but this list has some as well,

https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/PCL.cfm

Many customers are already beginning to migrate away from BB10 and some (like the US Senate, Canadian government, etc) have publicly announced their plans to do so over the next few months/years. The problem is no new BB10 devices are being manufactured so devices can't be replaced when they break or become dated.

BlackBerry 10 does/did have certain unique certifications and there are some inherent security advantages to BB10 but other platforms are catching up quickly so many secure customers now have an upgrade path.
    11-09-17 11:12 AM
    The migration is covered under service contracts. As devices are replaced, they will be replaced with in-market devices.

Considering a 2-3 year timeline, and assuming new BB10 devices were only sold in numbers into early 2016, most devices will be phased out by early 2019 at the latest.

BB10 is gone. You can't buy any more devices, other than the overstock ones still out there. A new one hasn't been built in likely over a year already. OS development is pretty much done, the last update was essentially a carrier specific (contractual obligation) update.

I guess the hope for more BB10 stems from lack of knowledge about BlackBerry's business. They are out of the hardware business (except for Radar), full stop.

They license their name and patents to TCL, and TCL makes the decisions, spends the money, pays for marketing and flips BlackBerry a couple of bucks per device sold (I don't know how much it is).

Posted via CB10

Edit: Just looked on the NIAP site, 10.3.3's Assurance Date is January 2019. After that, BB10 will EOL. I'm guessing they can't EOL it until then.

Also, there's this small company out of Cupertino, California that sells NIAP certified devices too, so it's not BlackBerry or bust for government.
    Please don't compare the quality build of an iPhone to a blackberry, especially in the battery department.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-09-17 11:40 AM
    Guys, just let it go. No matter which way you explain it, some people just can't accept reality.
    11-09-17 12:06 PM
    Till the END!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-17 12:13 PM
    Please don't compare the quality build of an iPhone to a blackberry, especially in the battery department.
    Have you seen the build quality of the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X? Superior build quality to my BLACKBERRY DTEK, that's for sure...
    11-09-17 12:16 PM
    The security risks of those devices is even worse that the productivity costs. Large companies put reasonable controls in place, but many smaller companies expose a lot of their assets to significant risk in the way they manage BYOD.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Okay don't make me chuckle, its barely past noon.....the security risk? of bb10?.....don't even get me started on Androids...(okay maybe and just maybe excluding BlackBerry Droids, unless you go rediculously high cost).....all those schlepp Androids in employees pockets walking around the office? No issue there is some wallpaper app has a bug in it to listen to your microphone all day while you are in an important strategic meeting. Nevermind Google or similiar listens all day to my microphone on my computer without my explicit permission. This is an unwanted guest in my location, essentially a break and enter to my private abode or work place. And before you say paranoid....nope it is quite clear that they are doing this today. It is probably illegal, but no one has bothered to traceback the methodologies they are using to break and enter. Once it is documented it should make for an interesting suit to end all suits for Google (okay maybe a third party advertsiing entity an not google directly, but all the same).
    11-09-17 12:52 PM
    Have you seen the build quality of the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X? Superior build quality to my BLACKBERRY DTEK, that's for sure...
    I was referring to BB10 phones...
    11-09-17 12:54 PM
    Okay don't make me chuckle, its barely past noon.....the security risk? of bb10?.....don't even get me started on Androids...(okay maybe and just maybe excluding BlackBerry Droids, unless you go rediculously high cost).....all those schlepp Androids in employees pockets walking around the office? No issue there is some wallpaper app has a bug in it to listen to your microphone all day while you are in an important strategic meeting. Nevermind Google or similiar listens all day to my microphone on my computer without my explicit permission. This is an unwanted guest in my location, essentially a break and enter to my private abode or work place. And before you say paranoid....nope it is quite clear that they are doing this today. It is probably illegal, but no one has bothered to traceback the methodologies they are using to break and enter. Once it is documented it should make for an interesting suit to end all suits for Google. (okay maybe a third party advertsiing entity an not google directly, but all the same)
    ....and i'm not even talking about those employees using those phones for work. Their personal phones are the biggest security risk, even if they aren't using them for work.
    11-09-17 12:56 PM
    Well except for the cracked glass...and the repair costs.
    11-09-17 12:59 PM
    I was referring to BB10 phones...
    You're right, the build quality is better than my DTEKs. BB10 quality is pretty good compared to latest iPhones. From BBOS down to BB10 and to PRIV and DTEK, BB quality seemed to drop incrementally as BB struggled to provide lighter weight phones. Meanwhile, iPhones seemed to have gotten better over time. BB10 devices and the latest iPhones seem very similar in quality.....
    11-09-17 01:02 PM
    Guys, just let it go. No matter which way you explain it, some people just can't accept reality.
    No one is saying it won't end, it's just a disagreement of when. There are a bunch of clowns on this forum, who every year say that BB10 is done soon. There is no oficial annoucement from blackberry that they are pulling the plug completely on the OS, at least I have not seen it. I would assume they are going to give ate lease a 2 to 3 year notice...
    Qorax likes this.
    11-09-17 01:02 PM
    You have to search for vendors but this list has some as well,

https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/PCL.cfm

Many customers are already beginning to migrate away from BB10 and some (like the US Senate, Canadian government, etc) have publicly announced their plans to do so over the next few months/years. The problem is no new BB10 devices are being manufactured so devices can't be replaced when they break or become dated.

BlackBerry 10 does/did have certain unique certifications and there are some inherent security advantages to BB10 but other platforms are catching up quickly so many secure customers now have an upgrade path.
    ....and yet there are rumours of tons of unsold bb10 devices? Stockpile them at firesale prices might be a smart move on Gov't agencies....you know to keep the taxes low....I would scream if Gov't employees are always walking around with $1000+ phones...they don't need them...and they shouldn't be playing angry birds either....taxes and all.
    11-09-17 01:05 PM
    You're right, the build quality is better than my DTEKs. BB10 quality is pretty good compared to latest iPhones. From BBOS down to BB10 and to PRIV and DTEK, BB quality seemed to drop incrementally as BB struggled to provide lighter weight phones. Meanwhile, iPhones seemed to have gotten better over time. BB10 devices and the latest iPhones seem very similar in quality.....
    I am not so sure about that, especially in the battery department. I have an iPhone 7 and my complaint is the battery. My 2 year old Passport has a much longer lasting battery today, than the iPhone 7 had when it was new. I know the battery in the passport is much larger, but still. Most iPhone batteries are horrible. I don't know if Apple changed providers or what.??

I am thinking about selling my 7 and going with an SE and using my Passport strictly to handle my business clients, or I might buy a Blackberry Classic for that. I haven't decided yet. I love the passport, but I feel like it's too large for me.
    11-09-17 01:07 PM
    ....and yet there are rumours of tons of unsold bb10 devices? Stockpile them at firesale prices might be a smart move on Gov't agencies....you know to keep the taxes low....I would scream if Gov't employees are always walking around with $1000+ phones...they don't need them...and they shouldn't be playing angry birds either....taxes and all.
    ...until QNX gets those startup tinkerers to tinker with bb10 and slaps it on a 64bit Arm for The Next Generation.. (okay star trek quote again ...my bad).
    How long has the Cdn military kept those aging helicopters in service? Amazing feat...just need to tell BlackBerry to get a move on that (no reference to BlackBerry Motion implied)
    11-09-17 01:10 PM
    Show me one page that BB10 browser can load that android or iOS cant.... I'll wait.....come on, if BlackBerry cared that much then why don't they at least keep their browser up to date? The browser may be more secure than others, but security is useless if it can't load pages.
    11-09-17 01:16 PM
    The reality is that no matter how secure BB10 is, the functionality of the OS is rapidly deteriorating and developers have abandoned the platform and BlackBerry is doing nothing to mitigate or otherwise improve that situation BECAUSE THEY DO NOT CARE. Be realistic about that.
    glwerry likes this.
    11-09-17 01:19 PM
    No one is saying it won't end, it's just a disagreement of when. There are a bunch of clowns on this forum, who every year say that BB10 is done soon. There is no oficial annoucement from blackberry that they are pulling the plug completely on the OS, at least I have not seen it. I would assume they are going to give ate lease a 2 to 3 year notice...
    A two or three year notice for what?

They haven't sold a new device in two and a half years, and they haven't done any significant OS development in three and a half years. Both the BlackBerry browser and BlackBerry World are essentially deprecated.

How do you define pulling the plug?
    11-09-17 01:30 PM
    A two or three year notice for what?

They haven't sold a new device in two and a half years, and they haven't done any significant OS development in three and a half years. Both the BlackBerry browser and BlackBerry World are essentially deprecated.

How do you define pulling the plug?
    I justify the 2-3 year notice because government agencies and corps move like turtles when it comes to adopting new tech. By pulling the plug I mean, shutting down blackberry id, blackberry protect, blacberry world, and any server that would render the BBOS useless.
    11-09-17 01:44 PM
    I justify the 2-3 year notice because government agencies and corps move like turtles when it comes to adopting new tech. By pulling the plug I mean, shutting down, blackberry id, blackberry protect, blacberry world, and any server that would render the BBOS useless.
    I don't think they would ever shut those things down for BB10. They haven't even shut them down yet for BBOS. I'm not sure that definition means anything at all.

There are only about a million and a half users left, going down to about half a million by next summer. What kind of future support are you expecting when there hasn't been any in ages?

There are so many nails in this coffin, there is no space for any more. The fact that they haven't even discussed Krack, let alone patched it, leaves little left to be said.
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-09-17 01:45 PM
    What rumors? BlackBerry is no longer selling BB10 devices, the ones you find online are from third party sellers that still have stock left over.

You're also aware that government customers likely bought their current in use BB10 devices at flagship prices a few years ago, right?
    11-09-17 02:01 PM
    Yes, I'm aware BB is no longer selling bb10 devices or any BlackBerry Droids directly. Neither are many of the other smartphone brands/ licensees...channel sales....apple being one of the exceptions - still using direct sales. Didn't say where Government had to buy them from to keep
    a stockpile.
    11-09-17 02:22 PM
    Till the END!

Posted via CB10
    So... 2015?
    11-09-17 02:23 PM
    So... 2015?
    Exactly my point.... You have people here who every year say it's the end, but we just keep on going.... There will be an end though regretably ...
    11-09-17 04:28 PM
    Exactly my point.... You have people here who every year say it's the end, but we just keep on going.... There will be an end though regretably ...
    No, my point is that "the end" was effectively 2015, because that was the last time a new BB10 phone was introduced. If BB10 is alive, then show me the new phones coming out please.

At least Microsoft finally got the cojones to declare that their dead OS was dead, and make it official. Blackberry just keeps stringing it along.
    11-09-17 04:33 PM
    I don't think they would ever shut those things down for BB10. They haven't even shut them down yet for BBOS. I'm not sure that definition means anything at all.

There are only about a million and a half users left, going down to about half a million by next summer. What kind of future support are you expecting when there hasn't been any in ages?

There are so many nails in this coffin, there is no space for any more. The fact that they haven't even discussed Krack, let alone patched it, leaves little left to be said.
    I am not sure you are correct with your prediction of "going down to about a half of million" users by next summer.
    11-09-17 04:51 PM
716 ... 7891011 ...