Despite the naysayers, I have a literally foolproof way of getting BlackBerry to continue making BB10 devices: Give them 100 billion dollars.

Simples.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 12:17 PM
    Despite the naysayers, I have a literally foolproof way of getting BlackBerry to continue making BB10 devices: Give them 100 billion dollars.

Simples.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry won't satisfy the naysayers.....first they'll say BlackBerry has to pay both the Canadian and US National Debt.....plus both Countries trade-deficits with China.....and then 100billion dollars.....just like Steve Job's irate neighbours were telling him when he was working out of his garage.
    11-02-17 01:22 PM
    I’m kind of sad people haven’t watched Animal House and didn’t get that reference!

On the 50k salary, that is absurd. Google has an office there now. Anyone who is willing to take 50k instead of going across the street to Google is insane. Do you really want 100 criminally insane people building your product?
    Yes! (Don't forget 50k US is somewhere around 67K loonies) ball park.
    11-02-17 02:00 PM
    You can stick around, we're tolerant.....
    Now I definitely know that you don't work for Google (lol).
    11-02-17 02:04 PM
    Yes! (Don't forget 50k US is somewhere around 67K loonies) ball park.
    Yes to what? You do want people who have no idea that they're being grossly underpaid? How do you tell the difference between that and someone who isn't really a very good developer and knows she can't get a real job at Google? How many barely qualified people does it take to maintain a whole operating system (the answer is practically an infinite number of them)

Look at Senior *software* engineer and *software* engineer averages at Google and BB. Remember, payroll taxes in ON are very, very high (much higher than CA), so you have to add those employer paid taxes on top of these numbers:

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Salaries/wa...158_KO9,17.htm
    bobshine likes this.
    11-02-17 02:07 PM
    Jim: Is she dead?
    CrackBerry Bones: She's dead
    Jim: ..but this isn't supposed to happen, bb10 wasnt an extra on my landing parties, she was my spock....and besides I see a twitch every now and again.
    CrackBerry Bones: dammit Jim she's dead....ignore the blips on the monitor...she's dead and not worth wasting a little on medicine to revive her....besides you've got a new girl now.
    Jim: But she was so much more elegant and refined....this new one is a bit of a bull in a china shop, and she's been had by almost everyone.
    CrackBerry Bones: Listen Jim if I have to stab her once a day to stop that movement, and prove to you that she's dead...I'll do it!
    CrackBerry Bones: Nurse roll her into the broom closet so no one can tell she's still breathing.
    Jim: but....
    rayporsche and ppeters914 like this.
    11-03-17 11:37 AM
    Jim: ..but this isn't supposed to happen, bb10 wasnt an extra on my landing parties, she was my spock....and besides I see a twitch every now and again.
    CrackBerry Bones: dammit Jim she's dead....ignore the blips on the monitor...she's dead and not worth wasting a little on medicine to revive her....besides you've got a new girl now.
    Jim: But she was so much more elegant and refined....this new one is a bit of a bull in a china shop, and she's been had by almost everyone.
    CrackBerry Bones: Listen Jim if I have to stab her once a day to stop that movement, and prove to you that she's dead...I'll do it!
    CrackBerry Bones: Nurse roll her into the broom closet so no one can tell she's still breathing.
    Just because Kirk wants to make it with a corpse, doesn't mean the rest of us have to.
    11-03-17 11:55 AM
    You wish.... BB10 is that soap opera actress that everybody thought died 10 years ago. When you see her, looks as if she'd died 10 years ago and should have retired gracefully. Sometime in the future, it's discovered that she died years ago but was embalmed really well and none of the shots were actually up close. Stunt double played the live parts and you only see from behind...... LOL
    11-03-17 11:57 AM
    Just because Kirk wants to make it with a corpse, doesn't mean the rest of us have to.
    Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.
    After the death of Spock (Nimoy), the crew of the USS Enterprise returns to Earth. When James T. Kirk (William Shatner) learns that Spock's spirit, or katra, is held in the mind of Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy (DeForest Kelley), Kirk and company steal the Enterprise to return Spock's body to his home planet. The crew must also contend with hostile Klingons led by Kruge (Christopher Lloyd) who are bent on stealing the secrets of a powerful terraforming device.

(Can't decide yet who gets to play the Klingons and the Romulans....Apple and Google/Android or vice-versa)
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-03-17 12:01 PM
    If Chen cared about BB10 users (or more likely if he saw any kind of a chance to profit from resurrecting/providing major updates to BB10) he would do something about it. Instead, he sold off the hardware division, fired the BB10 staff, and put all BlackBerry resources into developing blackdroid. What about his actions suggest that he will fix BB10? It really doesn't matter what resources it would require, if he can't make a dollar off it he's not going to spend a nickel. He was hired to decommission BB10 and BlackBerry is no longer a proprietary OS. We don't have to sit here and argue over whether it could happen, the proof is in the pudding.
    glwerry likes this.
    11-03-17 12:08 PM
    ....(on Genesis) Spock's katra is reunited with his body in a dangerous procedure called fal-tor-pan. The ceremony is successful and Spock is resurrected, alive and well, though his memories are fragmented. At Kirk's prompting, Spock remembers he called Kirk "Jim" and recognizes the crew......Mr. Sulu take us out of here....warp factor 3.
    11-03-17 12:10 PM
    Script Editing.: Character Crackberry Bones....might have been Crack'nBury.d.Bones.
    11-03-17 12:17 PM
    If captain kirk is Chen, the story went a LOT differently. He didn't steal the enterprise to kidnap spocks body and take it to Vulcan. He stole the body, but he destroyed it instead. Lit it on fire and blew the ashes out the escape hatch.
    11-03-17 12:21 PM
    If captain kirk is Chen, the story went a LOT differently. He didn't steal the enterprise to kidnap spocks body and take it to Vulcan. He stole the body, but he destroyed it instead. Lit it on fire and blew the ashes out the escape hatch.
    Come on...keep up with the storyline will you....I feel like that fat comic book store obsessed guy in the Simpsons now.....you're Describing the end of Star Trek II: The Wrath of "Can't" (or Khan-t) we're talking Start Trek III here...where Kirk actually destroys the Enterprise in the process but revives the intellectual assets including Spock....(and later they build a new and improved Enterprise).
    ....anyways I'll continue humming the unoffical song of the BlackBerry Motion for these closing credits.....Oh I'd like to know where you got the Motion, said I'd like to know where you got the Motion....Don't rock the boat baby, rock the boat (ip67)....
    (Sometimes you just have to take the shuttle while you wait for the rebuilt Enterprise)
    11-03-17 10:49 PM
    My post has nothing to do with the storyline, it's simply a metaphor of what ACTUALLY happened. Chen is kirk, and spock is BB10. BB10 is dead. For good. Let it go.
    11-04-17 09:03 AM
    There is no storyline, only rambling nonsense.
    11-04-17 09:11 AM
    There is no storyline, only rambling nonsense.
    Lol. I'm all in for a good analogy. Not sure it quite hit the mark.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 09:14 AM
    I still don't know why BlackBerry did not make BB10 open source
    11-04-17 09:31 AM
    Because it would be an extraordinarily bad idea.

1-BB10 hardware can only accept software signed with BlackBerry keys.

2-There are still companies and governments using BB10, and their security would be compromised.

3-QNX forms the backbone of BlackBerry's IoT endeavours (QNX-auto, BlackBerry Radar, autonomous auto, etc), so why compromise that too?
    glwerry likes this.
    11-04-17 09:40 AM
    To make BB10 open source BlackBerry would have to strip out QNX and all the security modules that make BB10 great. It is easier to mothball BB10 and hold on to intellectual properties.
    Neville A Daniels likes this.
    11-04-17 09:43 AM
    If you want an open source OS based on gestures just try Sailfish.

Posted via CB10
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    11-04-17 11:48 AM
    BlackBerry hasn't made an in-house device in years. Even prior to the Curves and Bolds, every part of manufacturing has been farmed out to other companies.

They've all been built by either Wistron, Foxconn, or TCL.
    I forgot the butter. Man this popcorn is salty
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    11-04-17 08:17 PM
    If you want an open source OS based on gestures just try Sailfish.

Posted via CB10
    In a way, BB10 because of its underlying QNX Kernel is designed to be extensible... add to it through its development tools. What you need is for BB to sign those devices you are using with the secret sauce, so the snag is getting the BB10 'with the BB' magic hardware touch to the hardware to make it all snug in its bed.......do I hear kernels popping? ...are those android and apple mind kernels exploding?
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-05-17 04:00 PM
    I actually had a conversation with a business man, and office manager talking about the distraction of byod (apple and android) phones to the workplace (is a serious productivity problem)....one of the things they liked about bb10 was that there wasn't a lot a of distraction (especially during work hours) on these phones to keep employees unproductive....maybe bb10 could capitalize and formalize this feature....in that parallel universe we are working on....just got to get a babe ruth investor to step up....or a whole team.
    11-05-17 04:06 PM
    I actually had a conversation with a business man, and office manager talking about the distraction of byod (apple and android) phones to the workplace (is a serious productivity problem)....one of the things they liked about bb10 was that there wasn't a lot a of distraction (especially during work hours) on these phones to keep employees unproductive....maybe bb10 could capitalize and formalize this feature....in that parallel universe we are working on....just got to get a babe ruth investor to step up....or a whole team.
    People would still bring a personal device to work though. Not sure how having corporate BlackBerry 10 phones would solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 04:08 PM
716 ... 45678 ...