And when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. . did we give up?
    I'm hoping that's sarcasm ... if it's not then you should maybe re-read that section in your history book.
    TGR1, BigBadWulf and DrBoomBotz like this.
    11-01-17 09:20 AM
    I'm hoping that's sarcasm ... if it's not then you should maybe re-read that section in your history book.
    Really?? Next you'll be a revisionist about the Canadian-American War of 1981.......

Go ahead, deny the siege and the war cry, Remember the Windsor Tunnel.....
    TGR1, ppeters914 and BigBadWulf like this.
    11-01-17 09:23 AM
    It's rather understandable in many ways.
    Like with vehicles, many people long for the "good old days" where you could fix your car with a screwdriver, a pair of pliers and a crescent wrench. I literally once helped a guy with a 1957 Chevy disassemble his carburetor at the side of the highway with a slotted screwdriver and a couple of wrenches. He had a MOSQUITO stuck in the venturi.

Could I do that on my modern vehicle? Not a chance.

However, my fuel-injected computerized modern vehicle gets much better gas mileage that the 1957 equivalent, with much more power, incredibly more safety and I just never have to adjust anything. Carburated vehicles I always had to figure out how many times to pump the gas pedal depending on how cold it was. The fuel injection just starts.

BUT, there's that lingering romantic pull of "the old way", especially if you have to fork out hundreds or thousands to get the modern vehicle fixed.

I think this is the kind of thing that may be happening to a degree.
    In many ways all of that makes sense, my daily car is more than 30 years old and every time I get in it feels like the first day ! It is my choice and I wouldn't have it any other way...

BB OS10
    11-01-17 09:31 AM
    Really?? Next you'll be a revisionist about the Canadian-American War of 1981.......

We had a war in 1981? I don't remember that one.

May have blocked that one from my consciousness because we lost it.
    Or maybe it wasn't that interesting.

Side note: my step-uncle (step-mother's brother) fought with the "Black Devils" in WWII - the "1st Special Service Force" which was a joint Canadian / American unit that was the original special forces unit. Although a Canadian he won an American Silver Star medal at Anzio before being captured.

Too bad we couldn't get back to more of that spirit of co-operation.
    11-01-17 09:33 AM
    We had a war in 1981? I don't remember that one.

May have blocked that one from my consciousness because we lost it.
    Or maybe it wasn't that interesting.

Side note: my step-uncle (step-mother's brother) fought with the "Black Devils" in WWII - the "1st Special Service Force" which was a joint Canadian / American unit that was the original special forces unit. Although a Canadian he won an American Silver Star medal at Anzio before being captured.

Too bad we couldn't get back to more of that spirit of co-operation.
    I think we still do have that spirit. I'm down here in Florida about 20 miles from MacDill AFB and I know many countries including Canada have military personnel there.

I also have a business that relies on snowbirds every year, 1/3-1/2 are Canadians.

BTW - the Canadian-American War of 1981 was declared a tie with both sides agreeing to blame everything right or wrong on Mexico.

All sides kept this confidential and ratified 11 years later hidden in the NAFTA language.

:-D
    11-01-17 09:40 AM
    Forget it , he's rolling.
    11-01-17 09:42 AM
    I think we still do have that spirit. I'm down here in Florida about 20 miles from MacDill AFB and I know many countries including Canada have military personnel there.

I also have a business that relies on snowbirds every year, 1/3-1/2 are Canadians.

BTW - the Canadian-American War of 1981 was declared a tie with both sides agreeing to blame everything right or wrong on Mexico.

All sides kept this confidential and ratified 11 years later hidden in the NAFTA language.

:-D
    Ok, the "resolution" of the 1981 war had me laughing right out loud.

It's like the joke about the American, the Scot and the Canadian who were killed in a terrible car wreck. They appear at the Pearly Gates where a really flustered St. Peter exclaims, "I'm sorry, guys, it's NOT your time to go. Because of that we can give you a special deal - for only $500 to cover administrative costs, we can put you back as if this had never happened".
    "Sold!" exclaims the American, grabbing his wallet.

He finds himself suddenly standing beside a REALLY startled State Trooper, beside the smoking wreckage of the car.
    After explaining to the trooper what had happened, the trooper says, "where are the others?".

"Well", says the American, "when I left the Scot was haggling over the price and the Canadian was trying to get his government to pay!"
    11-01-17 09:52 AM
    Not only is it sarcasm, but it's a line from "Animal House."
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-01-17 09:58 AM
    Ok, the "resolution" of the 1981 war had me laughing right out loud.

It's like the joke about the American, the Scot and the Canadian who were killed in a terrible car wreck. They appear at the Pearly Gates where a really flustered St. Peter exclaims, "I'm sorry, guys, it's NOT your time to go. Because of that we can give you a special deal - for only $500 to cover administrative costs, we can put you back as if this had never happened".
    "Sold!" exclaims the American, grabbing his wallet.

He finds himself suddenly standing beside a REALLY startled State Trooper, beside the smoking wreckage of the car.
    After explaining to the trooper what had happened, the trooper says, "where are the others?".

"Well", says the American, "when I left the Scot was haggling over the price and the Canadian was trying to get his government to pay!"
    And this is why our countries and we can always be friends. We share way too much in common.

BTW, ongoing negotiations have determined our Boy Scouts have recommended y'all will be allowed to continue to refer to your provinces as such instead of the less desired term of states. Apparently, it was rather expensive to repaper letterhead, envelopes, business cards and Google Maps......
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-01-17 09:58 AM
    And this is why our countries and we can always be friends. We share way too much in common.

BTW, ongoing negotiations have determined our Boy Scouts have recommended y'all will be allowed to continue to refer to your provinces as such instead of the less desired term of states. Apparently, it was rather expensive to repaper letterhead, envelopes, business cards and Google Maps......
    I echo your sentiment, even though I'm rabidly a Canadian, eh. After all, green plastic garbage bags are a Canadian invention. (Insulin as well, plus figuring out how to mass-produce the polio vaccine).

That's very good of the Boy Scouts.

What's quite amusing is getting someone from the deep south and trying to explain where I live (Manitoba).
    Me: "It's directly north of North Dakota".
    Deep Southerner: assumes puzzled look, often with a look of deep concentration - "Where's North Dakota?"

I usually quit at that point, not wanting to come back and say "North of SOUTH Dakota".

Mind you, I've never had that sort of response from someone in the Florida / Texas area ... must be exposure to the Snowbirds.
    valer466 likes this.
    11-01-17 10:04 AM
    It's cool if you like your 30 year old car. I've never owned a vehicle but I have a great appreciation for vintage machines and mechanical items. But the thing is, if that 30 year old car couldn't pass inspection or wasn't safe to drive on the highway or reliable enough to make longer trips when necessary, you might keep it around but if you wanted to take a trip, you would need something else.... BB10 is outdated and it's not coming back. People need to accept that it's not the vehicle that's going to take us on those long trips. It's not safe on the highway. It won't pass inspection. For those of you who want to drive it a few miles in the dead of night with the lights off, that's your prerogative. But it's time to accept that that's all you're going to get out of it at this point and very soon, not even that. I will be honest and say I don't like it anymore than yall. But I'm still getting an iPhone as soon as I can afford it. BB10 is now the ford pinto of the smartphone world.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-01-17 11:26 AM

"Defend Laura Secord and her cow!"
    11-01-17 11:42 AM
    It's cool if you like your 30 year old car. I've never owned a vehicle but I have a great appreciation for vintage machines and mechanical items. But the thing is, if that 30 year old car couldn't pass inspection or wasn't safe to drive on the highway or reliable enough to make longer trips when necessary, you might keep it around but if you wanted to take a trip, you would need something else.... BB10 is outdated and it's not coming back. People need to accept that it's not the vehicle that's going to take us on those long trips. It's not safe on the highway. It won't pass inspection. For those of you who want to drive it a few miles in the dead of night with the lights off, that's your prerogative. But it's time to accept that that's all you're going to get out of it at this point and very soon, not even that. I will be honest and say I don't like it anymore than yall. But I'm still getting an iPhone as soon as I can afford it. BB10 is now the ford pinto of the smartphone world.
    I own both IOS/Android devices. Annualized, they cost about the same to operate per year. Just buy a cheaper IOS/Android that you can afford now. Don't waste your time waiting for the unicorn moment.
    11-01-17 11:56 AM
    I'm probably going to get a 6 or 6+ when I have the money. I just don't right now. I just graduated barber school back in September and I'm not making much money right now. Hopefully soon though.
    11-01-17 12:00 PM
    Really, let it go it will be ok i have a number to a shrink and he will help you let go of BB10 and transition into android or Apple and you will make it but you need lots of electro shock seeing pictures of BB10 being shredded and done away with and in time your mind will not have any memory of BB10 and all will be fine, take a deep breath and fondle your device and put it between your legs and rock back and forth.
    Maybe this forum just needs closure. Like a funeral. Chen could say some nice words, (OK, some of it will make absolutely no sense and cause the stock to tank), we could light a nice little pyre, maybe burn some more money as a gesture.

I wonder if that would help?
    11-01-17 12:01 PM
    Maybe this forum just needs closure. Like a funeral. Chen could say some nice words, (OK, some of it will make absolutely no sense and cause the stock to tank), we could light a nice little pyre, maybe burn some more money as a gesture.

I wonder if that would help?
    It would at least get us past the "denial" stage. I expect at least 5 more years of anger and resentment before the sweet calm of acceptance, however.
    11-01-17 12:12 PM
    This is what happens when you release an update... People think it is alive again. This happens to corpse sometimes.. they move inadvertently but rest sure it is a corpse and it is DEAD as everyone said... Give it up...
    11-01-17 12:29 PM
    This is what happens when you release an update... People think it is alive again. This happens to corpse sometimes.. they move inadvertently but rest sure it is a corpse and it is DEAD as everyone said... Give it up...
    Do we know what was in the update?
    11-01-17 12:30 PM
    I thought a started a thread so that people stop posting threads like this....
    11-01-17 12:35 PM
    A fix for a 4G issue with a UK carrier (Vodafone).

They are the only ones that actually got the update OTA.
    11-01-17 12:59 PM
    I was never clear on this. It seemed some were posting a version number as a recent update that I thought was quite old.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-17 12:59 PM
    I was never clear on this. It seemed some were posting a version number as a recent update that I thought was quite old.

Posted via CB10
    July, 2017.
    11-01-17 01:01 PM
    I thought a started a thread so that people stop posting threads like this....
    That was a huge success, huh?
    11-01-17 01:04 PM
    I respect your point of view as it is a valid one for the sake of the discussion. When I mentioned the 30 year old vehicle I was just following the line of thought of 'glwerry' when he appropriately chose to use vehicles to portrait a possible comparable situation in terms of the recollection of the lingering 'old ways' feeling and such which he did pretty good imo. We all know that a mobile phone is not vehicle and their mission is completely different but needs vary from one person to the next and the collective statement is not necessarily the final and only one. We all know that BB10 is pretty much dead and the reasons as to why but as of today it still is working even with the known shortcomings yet for a group of us at this point in time which is the important one (the present) seems to be the way to go and we use it on a daily basis. It is not that we are in denial, resisting the future, fanboys, hardheaded, crazy, lethargic or that we simply need therapy or must move on, not at all, it is a matter of choice period. The progress technology wise nowadays is amazing, there are awesome and extremely capable devices out there to meet any particular need and frankly some of them could easily put some computers to shame. Just as an example for some of us the combination of Android+BlackBerry is not an option even though it is a great and beautiful device and also understanding that it was the only route to go to save the company we still feel like the essence of the device is gone, now alluding to a vehicle comparison is like installing an LS1 engine in a Porsche that is having serious engine & electrical issues, it all results in a pretty awesome trouble free and fast machine but the essence is gone and I can tell you from experience because I've done it.

We are not dreaming about having the BB10 resurrected, at least I'm not realistically, at this point the inscription is very clear and loud but my BlackBerry 10 devices run on data and the Legacy ones are still running on BIS with AT&T without any issues, that I cannot use certain apps is a given but still they do fill my everyday business communication needs and then some without issues and rest assure that when that changes I'll probably start using my iPhone without hesitation. Now back to the car thing the only inspection that my car needs to pass is at the track when I'm going to race it on the weekends other than that it works flawlessly, looks awesome, does have all the amenities of the newer vehicles and it is faster than pretty much anything I find out there in the road and even though I own several others that's the one that I like to drive on a daily basis, so you see at the end it is a matter of choice. Those of us who have been in the 'Crackerry Forum' for many years can probably remember when the discussions in this forums were about BlackBerries and not one group of people trying to degrade, convert or assimilate another group of people. I respect your choice regarding the device of your choosing no matter how much I may not like it but then again it is what works for you and that's great, I will be using what works for me. Thank you !
    ppeters914 and Flatman like this.
    11-01-17 01:13 PM
    July, 2017.
    And so what exactly was in it?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-17 01:16 PM
716 12345 ...