02-14-19 05:19 AM
29 12
tools
    We can do thanos like act!
    First we use our bbid to make some sort of account and then the management of that site will ban us all(as thanos made half universe vanished) it can be even live streamed so they can see actual user numbers! (just my two cent idea, please go easy on me) 😌😇

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    Hmmm... it can't be based on BBID because too many people have/had multiple BlackBerry devices and use/used the same singular BBID across more than one device. It also can't be based on people needing to create an account - that is too much work and too many people wouldn't bother.

It needs to work by folks simply just flashing up their old BlackBerry devices (Playbooks, BBOS and BB10), connecting to the internet, and then visiting some sort of website or having the device "call home" to somewhere.

Some sort of uniquely identifying device ID would need to be read/provided and then the count would have to be based on that, so that each uniquely different device was counted once but only once, and so that other non-BlackBerry devices wouldn't be counted.

Maybe someone would need to write a specialized app for this, one that could read the device ID and then report/record it to some sort of database. Someone might question privacy, but I can't imagine too many CB fans not willing to let their device ID be recorded somewhere trustworthy for this purpose.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Mojarch likes this.
    02-13-19 09:16 PM
    Mine all simply report as "BlackBerry Test Device". Even Verizon would just scratch their wooden heads, LoL!
    02-13-19 10:30 PM
    Can we choose a different date? People might think it's an April fool's joke.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-19 03:39 AM
    Can we choose a different date? People might think it's an April fool's joke.

Posted via CB10
    The entire month of Dec 2019.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    ppeters914 and Mojarch like this.
    02-14-19 05:19 AM
29 12