We can do thanos like act!
    First we use our bbid to make some sort of account and then the management of that site will ban us all(as thanos made half universe vanished) it can be even live streamed so they can see actual user numbers! (just my two cent idea, please go easy on me) 😌😇

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    Hmmm... it can't be based on BBID because too many people have/had multiple BlackBerry devices and use/used the same singular BBID across more than one device. It also can't be based on people needing to create an account - that is too much work and too many people wouldn't bother.

It needs to work by folks simply just flashing up their old BlackBerry devices (Playbooks, BBOS and BB10), connecting to the internet, and then visiting some sort of website or having the device "call home" to somewhere.

Some sort of uniquely identifying device ID would need to be read/provided and then the count would have to be based on that, so that each uniquely different device was counted once but only once, and so that other non-BlackBerry devices wouldn't be counted.

Maybe someone would need to write a specialized app for this, one that could read the device ID and then report/record it to some sort of database. Someone might question privacy, but I can't imagine too many CB fans not willing to let their device ID be recorded somewhere trustworthy for this purpose.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Mojarch and Anilu7 like this.
    02-13-19 08:16 PM
    Mine all simply report as "BlackBerry Test Device". Even Verizon would just scratch their wooden heads, LoL!
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-13-19 09:30 PM
    Can we choose a different date? People might think it's an April fool's joke.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-14-19 02:39 AM
    Can we choose a different date? People might think it's an April fool's joke.

Posted via CB10
    The entire month of Dec 2019.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    ppeters914, Mojarch and Anilu7 like this.
    02-14-19 04:19 AM
    I've been going back and forth between Sailfish X and Android on an LG V30, I've been missing my Passport, so I picked it back up and have been using it here and there.

One day I'll get a KeyOne,2, or 3. But for now I'm just happy to have this beast in my grubby paws once again.
    Sadly the Passport doesn't have enough LTE bands for where I'll be in the Summer, but until then I'll be sporting this badboy.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and Anilu7 like this.
    02-19-19 12:00 PM
    The entire month of Dec 2019.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Too late. Let's take May 1st.
    02-19-19 12:53 PM
    Too late. Let's take May 1st.
    Well then how about the entire last half of 2019? One day isn't going to do it.

It will take weeks for this to gain any enthusiastic traction, several more days (maybe weeks) for someone to build and put a tool into service, then weeks more for people to figure out how to participate (find and flash up their old devices) once they realize they want to participate.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    i_plod_an_dr_void and Anilu7 like this.
    02-19-19 03:24 PM
    My two passports are still both always on!
    The SE is still my daily driver.

Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    02-19-19 09:03 PM
    -Yes you can say : "Year of the Pig?" No so fast, the Crackberry Gods have declared 2019 to be the year of the BB10."

-Do News interviews on Television networks. They're always looking for content...sympatico with what bb10 was looking for.

-Set up a special website for bb10 users using bb10 browsers to visit.
    - Block all other devices-saying your device seems to be out of date, and is no longer supported please upgrade to a Blackberry bb10 device page (lol)

-add one of those where are you from live maps.

-Make it a go-fund me reserve for BB to throw a bone or two of fixes if necessary -Pay what you can :-) .

- Not going to speculate on which smartphone os might be the pig.
    -Add a donation request to recycle your used bb10 device (and not give it to the recyclers who just crush them to pieces and mine them for some bits of metal)
    -Give them an address to mail their good, used devices to.
    -Hmmm can my garage hold 50 million used bb10 devices?? Don't know.

-Please add to these suggestions.... once there's a big list, we can do a media blitz (lol).
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-19-19 10:07 PM
    -Yes you can say : "Year of the Pig?" No so fast, the Crackberry Gods have declared 2019 to be the year of the BB10."

-Do News interviews on Television networks. They're always looking for content...sympatico with what bb10 was looking for.

- Block all other devices-saying your device seems to be out of date, and is no longer supported please upgrade to a Blackberry bb10 device page (lol)

-Make it a go-fund me reserve for BB to throw a bone or two of fixes if necessary -Pay what you can :-) .

-Add a donation request to recycle your used bb10 device (and not give it to the recyclers who just crush them to pieces and mine them for some bits of metal)

-Please add to these suggestions.... once there's a big list, we can do a media blitz (lol).
    Lol just like the "Wake up" campaign in Australia, eh?
    Attached Thumbnails One last time for all!-img_20190220_122758.jpg  
    02-19-19 10:29 PM
    Do News interviews on Television networks. They're always looking for content...sympatico
    We need BB10 to be the victim of a hate crime. Instant media blitz!

Make it a go-fund me reserve for BB to throw a bone or two of fixes if necessary -Pay what you can :-)
    Yeah, that's not gonna work
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    02-19-19 11:21 PM
    We need BB10 to be the victim of a hate crime. Instant media blitz!

Yeah, that's not gonna work
    Brilliant! Consider it added! Both ChristineBlaiseyFord and Justice Brett Kavanaugh had go-fund-mes to the tune of almost 700,000 each (Kavanaugh declined of course)....Blaisey said she would use the money to pay for "security" lol and use the leftover for her favourite causes....I'm getting a security vibe here...maybe she'd spend it all on a BB10 secure phone, send her an invite! :-)
    BigBadWulf and truth4u like this.
    02-20-19 12:25 AM

Site is a good idea. One could host a public calendar which anyone could subscribe to, RSS feeds, and a web socket chat service. Not sure about blocking other devices.. maybe with browsers platform property.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-19 12:26 AM
    Site is a good idea. One could host a public calendar which anyone could subscribe to, RSS feeds, and a web socket chat service. Not sure about blocking other devices.. maybe with browsers platform property.

Posted via CB10
    Blocking would be tongue-in-cheek...mabye we'd just require that they get an ad artifact off of a really really slow server then maybe let them in with a warning :-) to a depracated version of the site.
    02-20-19 12:28 AM
    Lol just like the "Wake up" campaign in Australia, eh?
    Awesome...yes! Maybe we could put "2020? Go back to sleep! "on the reverse)
    02-20-19 12:40 AM
    02-20-19 08:57 AM
    Dear comrades,

It has been a long and wonderful journey. For most, the adventure is already over. The rest, the end is in sight. Only a few hardy souls dare to venture on beyond the known boundaries of BB World past 2020.

But before it is well and truly done, let us all go out in a last b1aze of glory!

We know that BlackBerry keeps a track of all active devices. Mr Chen has said it is "unfortunate" that there are still over 3 million users of their beloved devices.

For one last time, let's pull out all the BlackBerry devices you have in your pocket, your closet, your garbage. Wherever there is a device to be found, we won't ask. It matters not if it still runs BB10, OS7 or even OS6 or older, if it can be turned on and registered with BlackBerry, let it be part of the adventure!

1) Back up your device if you still plan to use it.
    2) On one single day, we all turn on and activate as many BlackBerry devices as we can possibly get our hands on. Preferably each with a unique BlackBerry ID. (Hence the need for a backup).

What say you all, shall we make one glorious last celebration before we all head our separate ways?

What day shall receive the honour? April 1? National BlackBerry Day (I heard there is such a day somehwere...). There is also International Eat An Apple Day as well. :-)
    Could you please cite me the article about the 3 million users? Thanks
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    02-20-19 02:19 PM
    Could you please cite me the article about the 3 million users? Thanks
    There should be a link on this site to a video session that Mr Chen did for, I think it was RBC tech forum or something like that.
    You'll have to sit through it I guess unless somebody has a transcript. In it he mentions that "unfortunately " there are still about 3 million users. And he also says the last user gets a statue. I assume he's joking, but I'm leaving nothing to chance. :-)
    My BB10 phones are going to stay on and in use! Just for good measure I will put my Bold 9900 into rotation too until my carrier cancels BIS!

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-20-19 03:50 PM
    Whoa, hang on there! This is getting out of hand!
    What happened to just turn all all your devices for a day (or two or more)?

Now you want a PR blitz and a special web site and who knows what else. Next you want a petition to start a last time commemorative run of BB10 devices? :-)

We're a bunch of busy BlackBerry people here, we got no time for such serious work, do we?

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-20-19 03:53 PM
    Whoa, hang on there! This is getting out of hand! What happened to just turn all all your devices for a day (or two or more)?.....
    That wood be fun, but it would be a silent event without much collaborative result. I think one of the goals was to try to figure out how many unique "internet connectable" legacy BB devices still existed (BBOS, Playbook, BB10) before final shut down or EOL 31 Dec 2019. I think a couple people pointed out that it would not be possible to rely on BlackBerry for such a count. So, someone would need to build a tool/service to do it. What people would then do with the results (reminisce, gloat, cry, praise, plea, protest....) I think is up for debate. Regardless, it sounds like something that most CB BB fans would be game for.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-20-19 04:11 PM
    Whoa, hang on there! This is getting out of hand!
    What happened to just turn all all your devices for a day (or two or more)?

Now you want a PR blitz and a special web site and who knows what else. Next you want a petition to start a last time commemorative run of BB10 devices? :-)

We're a bunch of busy BlackBerry people here, we got no time for such serious work, do we?

Posted via CB10
    Busy people desperately looking for...

...SQUIRREL!!!...

... a distraction.
    i_plod_an_dr_void and Anilu7 like this.
    02-20-19 04:13 PM
    Whoa, hang on there! This is getting out of hand!....
    Posted via CB10
    Yes added....the old indestructable older BBos devices....maybe out of hand...but never out of luck! :-) Didn't mean to exclude you guys. The "device is out of date" message was meant for things like Google Phone, iPhone X, Galaxy 9 and the likes, not you guys.

Commerorative Run! Added! (Can it be on an ARMv8 64bit though? lol).
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 02-21-19 at 03:49 AM.
    02-21-19 03:38 AM
    We have three blackberry with different bbid in my family me my son and wife. I must wakup my other bb10 device

Love Peace and Share
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-21-19 09:34 AM
    Well then how about the entire last half of 2019? One day isn't going to do it.

It will take weeks for this to gain any enthusiastic traction, several more days (maybe weeks) for someone to build and put a tool into service, then weeks more for people to figure out how to participate (find and flash up their old devices) once they realize they want to participate.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Also take into account the time zone difference!

Anilu7 likes this.
    02-21-19 11:14 AM
    Also take into account the time zone difference!

You mean the dateline? Ok, full last half of the year + or - one day.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    02-21-19 02:51 PM
62 123