Dear comrades,

It has been a long and wonderful journey. For most, the adventure is already over. The rest, the end is in sight. Only a few hardy souls dare to venture on beyond the known boundaries of BB World past 2020.

But before it is well and truly done, let us all go out in a last b1aze of glory!

We know that BlackBerry keeps a track of all active devices. Mr Chen has said it is "unfortunate" that there are still over 3 million users of their beloved devices.

For one last time, let's pull out all the BlackBerry devices you have in your pocket, your closet, your garbage. Wherever there is a device to be found, we won't ask. It matters not if it still runs BB10, OS7 or even OS6 or older, if it can be turned on and registered with BlackBerry, let it be part of the adventure!

1) Back up your device if you still plan to use it.
    2) On one single day, we all turn on and activate as many BlackBerry devices as we can possibly get our hands on. Preferably each with a unique BlackBerry ID. (Hence the need for a backup).

What say you all, shall we make one glorious last celebration before we all head our separate ways?

What day shall receive the honour? April 1? National BlackBerry Day (I heard there is such a day somehwere...). There is also International Eat An Apple Day as well. :-)
    02-10-19 11:32 PM
    Ha! Great idea.
    02-11-19 01:17 AM
    Hello
    Count me in
    02-11-19 02:01 AM
    ...What day shall receive the honour? April 1? National BlackBerry Day (I heard there is such a day somehwere...). There is also International Eat An Apple Day as well. :-)
    I'd think there would be several weeks of pleas for help in the forums, for people who have forgotten how to get their devices going and setup. You might want to give yourself a month. How about starting on 1 Dec 2019.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-11-19 04:47 AM
    don't forget me

Posted via CB10
    02-11-19 06:26 AM
    Dear comrades,

It has been a long and wonderful journey. For most, the adventure is already over. The rest, the end is in sight. Only a few hardy souls dare to venture on beyond the known boundaries of BB World past 2020.

But before it is well and truly done, let us all go out in a last b1aze of glory!

We know that BlackBerry keeps a track of all active devices. Mr Chen has said it is "unfortunate" that there are still over 3 million users of their beloved devices.

For one last time, let's pull out all the BlackBerry devices you have in your pocket, your closet, your garbage. Wherever there is a device to be found, we won't ask. It matters not if it still runs BB10, OS7 or even OS6 or older, if it can be turned on and registered with BlackBerry, let it be part of the adventure!

1) Back up your device if you still plan to use it.
    2) On one single day, we all turn on and activate as many BlackBerry devices as we can possibly get our hands on. Preferably each with a unique BlackBerry ID. (Hence the need for a backup).

What say you all, shall we make one glorious last celebration before we all head our separate ways?

What day shall receive the honour? April 1? National BlackBerry Day (I heard there is such a day somehwere...). There is also International Eat An Apple Day as well. :-)
    April 1st !
    02-11-19 06:42 AM
    Great idea, but how about leaving the unused devices plugged in and on WiFi until the end?
    i_plod_an_dr_void and Anilu7 like this.
    02-11-19 10:23 AM
    how do they track an active device? does just turned on and on wifi count?
    02-11-19 10:59 AM
    I'd love to turn on my two old BlackBerry Pearl 8100s.

Problem is, they are Edge (2G) only, no wi-fi, SIMs deactivated years ago (both numbers still used today on current phones), and AT&T shut down their 2G network a year ago.

So... no way for BlackBerry to ever see them now, even if they were turned on.

My Z10 is still running even though I'm not actively using it, so I'm sure it's still being counted now.
    02-11-19 12:24 PM
    how do they track an active device? does just turned on and on wifi count?
    Just being on, with an active BBID, and if you see the 4 dot BB logo in the upper right corner, you're connected to the BlackBerry servers. The OP really means that you're being counted as an active user in that case. Not that they are actively "tracking" or following your every move.

Not that they can't... but that's another discussion.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-11-19 12:29 PM
    Two Classics running on my side!

Posted via CB10
    zer0ten likes this.
    02-11-19 12:56 PM
    Do you expect that there will be any way to actually see how many devices actually participate in this, or if there is any measurable impact on anything?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    02-11-19 05:01 PM
    Great idea! I'll turn on my Z30 and Z10.
    02-11-19 10:44 PM
    If we go to a few websites like Google.com, Yahoo.com, etc. at the same time it'll raise BB10's Internet Market Share lol.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    02-11-19 10:53 PM
    Well my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is on and always connected to net! So guess I am in already! 😉😋

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    02-12-19 09:17 AM
    Do you expect that there will be any way to actually see how many devices actually participate in this, or if there is any measurable impact on anything?
    Hey let's not take it too seriously! This will in no way change the fate of BlackBerry. It won't solve world hunger, world peace or even cure cancer.
    At best Mr. Chen might get a chuckle out of it and we'll be lucky to get a final shout out. Or a statue. I want that statue.

Glad we got that straight, eh? :-)

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914, skrble and Anilu7 like this.
    02-12-19 01:29 PM
    I am sure someone could design a webpage that would start a count, maybe somehow tied to a unique ID from the BB10, BBOS and Playbook browsers and some of uniquely generated hash ID key. Then, all we would need to do is go visit that page and share it around with our devices for the count would start growing.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    ppeters914 and Anilu7 like this.
    02-12-19 03:43 PM
    I want that statue.
    The Appleites will immediately insist it be torn down, since it's a hate filled symbol of a bygone era. Civil war will erupt. Dogs and cats will live together. Where do I sign up?
    02-12-19 11:44 PM
    great idea. I'm in. Ive got a decent stockpile of BBOS and BB10 devices I can mass activate.
    02-13-19 12:37 AM
    This is starting to look like an organised DDOS attack (joking). BB's servers going hectic would be enough to send a message from their loyal fans.

Nice to see some positivity in regards to BB10 and previous devices. Very refreshing!

Good work!

Posted via CB10
    i_plod_an_dr_void and Anilu7 like this.
    02-13-19 06:01 AM
    By the way, we don't have to go our separate ways, we just have to go over to the BB Android part of the forums

Posted via CB10
    02-13-19 06:03 AM
    JoeBB: Hey Boss, look at this time series of users registered with us. There is a highly unusual spike on April 1st. It increases X times but then it goes right back to almost nothing.

BossBB: hmm, interesting. That might just be some glitch. It's an outlier, take it out. Let us proceed with the dismantling.
    02-13-19 08:53 AM
    May we find honor in our fight. Go forth, for the day is ours! Princess Apple shall shed a tear and Sam Sung will cry into the bosom of his mother.

The sun is in our favor and the Galaxy is ours.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-13-19 09:09 AM
    ...That might just be some glitch. It's an outlier, take it out. Let us proceed with the dismantling.
    If it was done through some sort of third party CB Fan Base service or website then the folks hosting or in control of the service would have control over the metrics and the message. The service/site would need to be able to reliability, precisely and accurately identify and count unique BlackBerry device connections/visits. There would need to be a very high degree of confidence that it could not be tricked to augment the counter when other devices visited (otherwise it would be a pointless effort).

We'd have to not fool ourselves that this could have any impact on the existing plans to EOL for BB10. That wouldn't be the goal. It would need to be done just for the fun and nostalgia aspect of it (and maybe some web ad revenues for the person the puts it together) in lead-up to 31 Dec 2019.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    ppeters914 and Anilu7 like this.
    02-13-19 12:27 PM
    If it was done through some sort of third party CB Fan Base service or website then the folks hosting or in control of the service would have control over the metrics and the message. The service/site would need to be able to reliability, precisely and accurately identify and count unique BlackBerry device connections/visits. There would need to be a very high degree of confidence that it could not be tricked to augment the counter when other devices visited (otherwise it would be a pointless effort).

We'd have to not fool ourselves that this could have any impact on the existing plans to EOL for BB10. That wouldn't be the goal. It would need to be done just for the fun and nostalgia aspect of it (and maybe some web ad revenues for the person the puts it together) in lead-up to 31 Dec 2019.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    We can do thanos like act!
    First we use our bbid to make some sort of account and then the management of that site will ban us all(as thanos made half universe vanished) it can be even live streamed so they can see actual user numbers! (just my two cent idea, please go easy on me) 😌😇

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-13-19 05:45 PM
62 123