[WARN]Thread cleaned!

Y'all want to fight, do it over PM. This is a discussion thread, not the WWF.

Thank you[/WARN]
    LoL, I can't believe I'm quoting myself.

It has been brought to my attention, that WWF no longer stands for wrestling, and now stands for endangered animals. Don't become an endangered animal. Post respectfully and responsibly.
    11-28-14 01:14 PM
    My new favorite ... it's ... it's... it's a bar room BLITZ!!!
    Actually, it's...it's....a Ballroom Blitz:

Posted via CB10 / AT&T / Z10 STL100-3 / 10.3.1.1154
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 11-28-14 at 03:46 PM. Reason: fixed code
    11-28-14 02:28 PM
    I used autoloaders because they seemed the simplest to use and they were most abundant when I started loading leaks.

Now I feel like I've missed the boat on all these other methods.

Non-destructive? Meaning I don't have to back up and restore? Sign me up.

Another problem I find, like others, is that the forums are not a good place to discuss and distribute these leaks.
    Right now, I am too busy to research these new methods, and as we all know the forums can get very messy and it could be very hard to find the simplest of answers, and when you ask a question you ALWAYS get told to 'read the forums'.

Furthermore, its quite easy to be misinformed and confused by the forums. I was looking up Blitz, and all throughout the threads they're talking about how its possible to run Blend (only for passport) but a lot of the responses afterwards are focused on z10 and blend.

I don't know why, sometimes its easy to figure out what you need to know, other times its pretty tough.

I feel like someone should bite the bullet and make video tutorials about Everything Blackberry (including things from loading leaks, to installing apps, to removing google play, to setting up your calendar with outlook, EVERYTHING) I know blackberry has some video tutorials, but they mainly deal with setup.

Not only would this explain to us easily how to use these magical devices to the fullest extent, but I'm certain that if it has a decent level of production quality/value or at least looks like you're putting some effort into it, it would increase social and media interest and interaction (like those why i hate my blackberry videos).
    11-28-14 04:58 PM
    For new OS with major updates or new branch OS (10.2.0 to 10.2.1 or 10.2.1 to 10.3.0 and so on), I used to using Autoloader and start from scratch. And prefer to build my own Autoloader (from Debrick bar and Radio bar files)

Steps :
    1. Copy important chats (text and bbm) and save to Docs.
    2. Copy files on device storage to SD card.
    3. Autoloader.
    4. Initial Setup.
    5. NO Security wipe (I used to security wipe prior on 10.2, never since 10.2.1).
    6. NO restore.
    7. Update and install apps from BBW.
    8. Reset device (Volume buttons).
    9. Enjoy.

And for minor updates / bugs fixed new OS, I use Sachesi.

Steps :

1. Extracted newer apps from Debrick bar file / Autoloader.
    2. Downloaded Core OS bar and Radio bar.
    3. Put them (no. 1 & 2) in a folder.
    4. Let Sachesi does its magic.
    5. Reset (Volume buttons)
    6. Enjoy.
    11-28-14 05:59 PM
    Non destructive whenever possible.
    For that..

full backup w sachesi
    1. Grab debrick, core and radio
    2. Extract debrick
    3. Place apps + radio + core in a folder, sometimes checking for and removing carrier extras
    4. Install

But when using an autoloader
    1. Creating contact backup using contacts imex
    2. Download clean master android app and clean up caches & random junk. I delete clean master afterwards
    3. I have a folder in my sd card called "device". Before upgrading, using my computer I cut and paste all of my device contents to that folder.
    4. Create a "custom" backup, selecting settings and app data, excluding flipp
    5. Autoload
    6. Cut and paste the misc folder back to device
    *7. Restore app data
    8. Open bbm and device monitor and wait for cpu to settle.
    *9. Restore contacts using contacts imex, again waiting for cpu to settle
    10. Reboot
    11. Setup other accounts (and if the account contains contacts, waiting for cpu to settle after each one)

Sometimes I'll opt to restore settings as well (7). If that works without issues, I'll skip 9.

OS 10.3.1.1151: destructive 821 > upg 800 > upg 938 > delta 1016 > upg 10.3.1.1151
    11-28-14 06:12 PM
    I use BlackBerry link - I hate it but since I'm not that technologically adept at all this stuff, it's mostly wing and a prayer.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 07:27 PM
    Major OS updates - Autoloader
    Minor OS updates - Sachesi

I use Backup Pro to save everything, and also backup on Link (just in case). I restore using Backup Pro (when using Autoloader). Works perfectly and seamlessly.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 05:59 AM
82 ... 234