The other day I did something that froze my PPSE. And I had to resolve the issue and it took a minute, but all is well now. But in that time I was thinking "if this isn't resolved, what's the next best alternative ". And leaving BB10, for another OS (although possibly inevitable), was my last consideration.

But the funny thing is a "New" Passport Silver Edition last week (when I looked on Amazon) was selling for more than a $100, to more than twice; as much as I paid for mine ($289) in October. But today on Ebay there was "one" seller asking $329, other were looking for more than $500. So someone is seeing the value of BlackBerry10 devices.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    Last edited by KNEBB; 02-07-17 at 07:28 PM.
    02-07-17 08:20 AM
    I'm with everone here. From time to time I fire up the Blackberry Q and Z and both just feel so much mure efficient. Both iOS and Android take several more actions to do the same. In and out of apps, backbutton or appbutton, home button vs swipe. Blackberry nailed the interface, but missed the boat.
    02-07-17 09:15 AM
    Eh what's the point of this post? You can Bluetooth things from phone to phone with any other crap device
    Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    I wanted to re-start a positive BB10 discussion since the other one went south. I simply recounted my nice sunny day off with my BlackBerrys to open the thread. Point being, they are good devices and fun to have around . There is plenty of room here for another 'I just love my BB10' thread' and it looked like time to start one

Now to go back and see what's new.
    02-07-17 09:43 AM
    What's your take on a new BlackBerry 10 device being released? Do you think it will happen? I'm still hoping the z50 comes to life.
    Yeah, I wish, not like I don't have enough BlackBerrys already! But I still wish, not so much as hope anymore.
    02-07-17 09:47 AM
    Wow this is awesome discussion and I 100% agree with OP on all his points!!
    Posted via CB10
    'HER' points. I can feel the warm fuzzies through the sarcasm, you can't hide it!
    02-07-17 09:53 AM
    As you know, nothing lasts forever, and unfortunately, BB10 is on life support and is an extinct species.
    Your BB10s may be on life support, but mine are doing just fine! It MIGHT be on the endangered species list soon, but we'll cross that bridge IF we come to it, honestly, why quit using it while it still exists?
    02-07-17 10:02 AM
    I think there is nice to have diversity, so anyone can opt for that which is close to be perfect for each person, great thread.

I don't get why those who don't like it simply keep their soft aggression for a thread where someone will actually care about it instead of being ignored here.
    02-07-17 01:30 PM
    It seems to me that people who still use and love BB10 are fans because of what it does for them; and those who think it's obsolete complain about what it doesn't do for them.

There isn't a single application I need that didn't come pre-installed on my BB10 phone. I know that's not the business model that makes the most money on mobile, but it's been an awesome value for me.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    02-07-17 02:31 PM
    Yeah as we've all said a million times before, we all have different needs when it comes*to our mobile device. If BB10 meets all of those needs*then great! I can use it quite comfortably.* I still have other devices for the few apps I can't get on bb10 or just work better elsewhere and that may be how I carry for awhile but I love BB10 for what it does for me.
    02-07-17 02:46 PM
    As you know, nothing lasts forever, and unfortunately, BB10 is on life support and is an extinct species.
    The Timex guarantee proved that years ago.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    02-07-17 03:12 PM
    It seems to me that people who still use and love BB10 are fans because of what it does for them; and those who think it's obsolete complain about what it doesn't do for them.

There isn't a single application I need that didn't come pre-installed on my BB10 phone. I know that's not the business model that makes the most money on mobile, but it's been an awesome value for me.

Posted via CB10
    I think you meant "no (any) money" as BB10 burned through more cash in a quarter than Venezuela.
    02-07-17 03:37 PM
    I think you meant "no (any) money" as BB10 burned through more cash in a quarter than Venezuela.
    Agreed. Blackberry provided an excellent value to consumers like me, but failed to compete in the new mobile market. Honestly, I don't think they ever had any intuition for that market, as they were 100% in tune with the traditional IT fleet purchasers, who were also caught off guard by the BYOD movement.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 03:44 PM
    I got my Z10 in February 2014 through my carrier, (reluctantly on their part), and two years later replaced it with an locked Z30 from B&H Photo before they became extinct. There was nothing wrong with the Z10 other than the normal dismal battery life, but I wanted a larger screen, and again, I wanted the Z30 before it became extinct. B&H Photo no longer stocks it and the ones you find on Amazon may not work in your geographic location even though it says they will. IF BlackBerry was to come out with another BB10 phone I would like to see two of them. A replacement for the Z30, (everyone wants to call it a Z50, but BlackBerry never changed the names of their new phones, just the numbers after the name, like Torch 9800 then Torch 9810, and the many models of the Bold starting with 9000), so a NEW Z30 with more up to date specs and maybe a little larger screen. I'd also like to see a slider, but not a Priv running BB10, a totally new BB10-only slider that looks more like the Z30. Maybe make it a landscape slider since a phone as larger, (or larger), than a Z30 would be a top heavy portrait slider. I had both a 9800 and 9810 Torch and even with my big thumbs I could hammer out emails, texts, or whatever faster that anyone I knew on any device. Those are my wishes if BlackBerry was to ever make more BB10 phones.
    Last edited by zx9r170; 02-07-17 at 03:58 PM.
    02-07-17 03:47 PM
    Damn, the concept of a Z50!
    02-07-17 04:52 PM
    I'm with everone here. From time to time I fire up the Blackberry Q and Z and both just feel so much mure efficient. Both iOS and Android take several more actions to do the same. In and out of apps, backbutton or appbutton, home button vs swipe. Blackberry nailed the interface, but missed the boat.
    Would you mind sharing what you do that takes several actions to do the same on iOS / Android vs BB10? In my experience, it's the other way around, BB10 takes longer to perform an action. Only by 1-2 clicks/swipes, but Android and iOS are almost perfect OS's now because casual users (read: mass market) demanded that.

I remember setting up several BB10 phones for customers and after 3-4 months of using them, they were asking where certain things were etc When they got replaced with iPhones, they didn't have a minute's trouble setting up the phone themselves and using the built in features. I struggle to think of anything where BB10 hands down beats Android and iOS. Android and iOS took the best bits of BB10 along with their own twist and developed two of the most popular OS's in the world..
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    02-07-17 05:50 PM
    The Priv is my operating phone BUT ....

My Z30 still powers BLEND. BLEND is installed on two separate laptops/win-tablets and two desktop computers. I would feel totally lost without it.
    Oh man, do I ever miss Blend. I use AirDroid but it's just not the same. I'm holding out a glimmer of hope that the TCL deal is successful, and BlackBerry continues to build out their software offerings (Blend+ for android, Browser with PKB shortcuts are my main ones).

Passport for me was a rock solid beautiful device, and I do miss the great navigation of BB10 (active windows, easy rgb customisation, bottom oriented, etc). But I'm on Priv now for the more fully featured app store and waiting on the Mercury (hoping for a kick arse pkb).
    FF22 likes this.
    02-07-17 05:53 PM
    Would you mind sharing what you do that takes several actions to do the same on iOS / Android vs BB10? In my experience, it's the other way around, BB10 takes longer to perform an action. Only by 1-2 clicks/swipes, but Android and iOS are almost perfect OS's now because casual users (read: mass market) demanded that.

I remember setting up several BB10 phones for customers and after 3-4 months of using them, they were asking where certain things were etc When they got replaced with iPhones, they didn't have a minute's trouble setting up the phone themselves and using the built in features. I struggle to think of anything where BB10 hands down beats Android and iOS. Android and iOS took the best bits of BB10 along with their own twist and developed two of the most popular OS's in the world..
    I'd say Active Windows and the bottom oriented navigation paradigm (for apps) are superior to iOS and Android. Recent windows in Android with the Masonry tiles is pretty good, but not as good, imho.
    02-07-17 06:36 PM
    Hey, this is a BlackBerry forum. I would like to hear and discuss how BlackBerry 10 is *NOT* dead, to those of us who still like it the best.
    [WARN]That is the topic, period. Any attempts to compare with other OS, or discuss the EOL of BB10 are off topic.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC![/WARN]
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-07-17 09:39 PM
    Wasn't the whole point of this thread to avoid comments like this one? The poor launch of the OS and faulty sales projections in 2013 do not take away from the OS. But you're right. Google makes tons of money. Congratulations.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 09:21 PM
    Wasn't the whole point of this thread to avoid comments like this one? The poor launch of the OS and faulty sales projections in 2013 do not take away from the OS. But you're right. Google makes tons of money. Congratulations.

Posted via CB10
    Was it necessary to go back 4 days, and further disrupt this thread?
    02-11-17 10:03 PM
    Your BB10s may be on life support, but mine are doing just fine! It MIGHT be on the endangered species list soon, but we'll cross that bridge IF we come to it, honestly, why quit using it while it still exists?
    That's how I feel. We should get a few years of use after the last update is sent out from BlackBerry. Since my return to a bb10 device I've just ordered a new cellular equipped playbook. The playbook I bought at launch stopped working about a year and a half ago. Glad to be getting another.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 10:09 PM
    I lost my priv month ago and been using z30 since then I'm glad I still have reliable phone

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by usman_hidayat19; 02-11-17 at 11:00 PM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-11-17 10:17 PM
    I lost my priv month ago and been using z30 since then I'm glad I still have reliable phone

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry hadn't done such a good job with the Hub+ suite, I'd still be rocking my Z30 proudly.
    02-11-17 10:53 PM
    I put my $ where my mouth is by snapping up a new Passport SE while it still can be had for less than $350 USD. BB10 is like a discontinued car. I'll run it into the ground like many of you. And also like a car, the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is an instant classic. BB10 can do a lot of things we BB10 device lovers like, so we should enjoy BB10 while we can. Of course, until carriers move onto the next thing, 5G, I believe BB10 device owners, and especially Passport ones, can keep up with iOS and Android smartphone owners for the next couple of years.
    02-20-17 10:49 PM
    I put my $ where my mouth is by snapping up a new Passport SE while it still can be had for less than $350 USD. BB10 is like a discontinued car. I'll run it into the ground like many of you. And also like a car, the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is an instant classic. BB10 can do a lot of things we BB10 device lovers like, so we should enjoy BB10 while we can. Of course, until carriers move onto the next thing, 5G, I believe BB10 device owners, and especially Passport ones, can keep up with iOS and Android smartphone owners for the next couple of years.
    Where did you find it? We missed out on the $275 SE's.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-17 11:18 PM
69 123