Can it be possible BlackBerry still can't show area code locations on Caller ID due to the legal issues with Berry-A-Code circa 2005ish?

Or is there some other reason BlackBerry can't display area code locations (ex. 310-888-888 (Los Angeles, CA))?

I keep getting calls from random area codes and this would be a very nice feature to help identify telemarketers, not to mention it's standard on all other non-BlackBerry devices, it seems.

The Berry-A-Code code can't still be relevant, right? Seems like someone could easily write something from scratch that avoids whatever the legal issues were...?

I would seriously pay $20 for this app.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 06:38 AM
    I'd love to have area codes too!

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    06-25-15 09:38 AM
    Disagree wholeheartedly with this request. With everyone having a mobile phone now, and many having VOIP phones, the physical location of an area code assignment is utterly meaningless. I would prefer they NOT do this.
    06-25-15 03:41 PM
    I don't pick up unfamiliar numbers. I copy the number and Google it. It will show the location and in the results you'll see sites where users report the numbers of telemarketers. Not quite the same but it does weed out the junk.

 Living the life, posting via BB Z30 
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-25-15 04:13 PM
    Give me a break. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean it wouldn't be valuable to others. I'm in sales of sort and I need to answer calls from unknown numbers. I may be dealing with someone from a certain city and I know that, but I have no idea what their area code is. But if caller ID informed me I was getting a call from that place, chances are it's the person I'm dealing with and I should answer the call.*‎

I've never heard anyone with an android or iphone complain about this feature. I don't get how this would be a problem for anyone. But it would be a huge value-add to me.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 03:45 PM