Hi everyone. I just found something very weird today. First, I have a Q10 running 10.2.1.1925. When I first received the phone I did a full transfer from my 9930 to my Q10. Then after that, I did a full backup and restore when I updated the OS. Now when I go into Search and I type a word that was in a saved text message that I had on my old 9930 it comes up as a result! I cannot select it or do anything with it from what I can tell, but it shows up and even has the date it was saved. Stuff from years ago. Any suggestions? I tried doing a Google search, but I might not be using the right terminology.

I would love to hear your thoughts and solutions. Thank you
    01-19-14 09:26 PM
    update: I've removed text messages as a searchable category so they do not show anymore, however I would still like to know how they show up in the first place.

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    01-19-14 10:22 PM
    Has anyone else come across this?

Sent from an ATM
    02-08-14 06:18 PM
    Has anyone else come across this?

Sent from an ATM
    I'm not sure if you've come accross these 2 threads yet, but these users had the same issues.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...appear-917182/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...search-913076/

I've also noticed this issue personally and it has stored messages as far back as Novemeber from what I've been able to determine so far. Probably goes back even farther. I think I'm going to have to find a way to save or backup only my contacts and then I'm going to just do a security wipe and NOT restore from a backup because apparently the old, deleted messages are being saved along with the backup as well. I think this has also been causing "Text Messaging" in the device monitor to run up a high percentage of CPU at random times. So hopefully this will fix it, which I strongly think it will.
    nappp likes this.
    04-08-14 02:18 PM