I recently saw an interview.with John chen on ndtv business . He told others that while they have launched dtek50 and Rome and hamburg are yet to come they haven't given up on BlackBerry 10 os... they have plans to upgrade all BlackBerry 10 smartphones to BlackBerry version 10.4.3 before they launch more phones of BlackBerry 10 and believe that they will reap enough profits thru their android phones which will help developers get serious about their indigenous platform BlackBerry 10 so expect new BlackBerry 10 phones by 2017-18

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 08:44 AM
    I recently saw an interview.with John chen on ndtv business . He told others that while they have launched dtek50 and Rome and hamburg are yet to come they haven't given up on BlackBerry 10 os... they have plans to upgrade all BlackBerry 10 smartphones to BlackBerry version 10.4.3 before they launch more phones of BlackBerry 10 and believe that they will reap enough profits thru their android phones which will help developers get serious about their indigenous platform BlackBerry 10 so expect new BlackBerry 10 phones by 2017-18

Posted via CB10
    This is VERY old news, but thanks!
    09-05-16 08:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    How old was this interview you saw and links would be a bonus.

BB10 over ANY Android device.
    09-05-16 09:39 AM
    How old was this interview you saw and links would be a bonus.

BB10 over ANY Android device.
    I think the OP is referring to this: ----way back in April 2016.
    09-05-16 09:59 AM
    10.4.3???

*me173x
    09-05-16 11:00 AM
    That was a typo, if you watched the video he mentioned 10.3.3 and 10.3.4.
    09-05-16 11:10 AM
    I'd be more interested to know how far BlackBerry has invested, also in terms of human resources, in India. What are their plans in India? To hire the best software engineers to continue to push the software side of BlackBerry Android and BB10? QNX? Etc?

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    09-05-16 01:57 PM
    Well, he said the growth markets are automotive, medical, and IoT. So it would make sense that's where the resources are going to get the largest ROI.
    09-05-16 02:06 PM
    Old news, no new information. You said 10.4.3 when you meant 10.3.4.

Chen did not say there would be any new BB10 phones. He also did not say anything about "profits thru their android phones which will help developers get serious about their indigenous platform BlackBerry 10"
    NDTV Interviewer: "And are you saying there will be new devices with BB10 too?"
    Chen: "No, I didn't say that".

Chen also explained that the release of 10.3.3 was dependent on approval from the US government NIAP lab and he hoped they would get the NIAP certificate by June. He said he hoped that it would help BB10 sales (meaning government sales).
    09-05-16 06:56 PM
    I referred NIAP website, where I can see that iPhone has this certification for all devices from 5S and ahaed... the certification was issued around January this year.

Samsung, LG and Microsoft has this certification for several months already for their selected few devices.

Why BlackBerry is lagging behind to acquire this certification? Or is this new fake excuse by BlackBerry to hide their failure in rolling-out the 10.3.3 yet?
    09-06-16 04:47 AM
    Chen said he hoped to get NIAP certification by June and that it should help to boost BB10 sales to government. That opportunity has passed.

Now with a second Android device available, two more on the way, with limited resources to deal with any NIAP related BB10 issues, any value that 10.3.3 might have brought to BlackBerry's bottom line may have been lost.
    09-06-16 09:40 AM

Posted via CB10

Good find, just shows the game is not up just yet.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-06-16 09:40 AM
    I referred NIAP website, where I can see that iPhone has this certification for all devices from 5S and ahaed... the certification was issued around January this year.

Samsung, LG and Microsoft has this certification for several months already for their selected few devices.

Why BlackBerry is lagging behind to acquire this certification? Or is this new fake excuse by BlackBerry to hide their failure in rolling-out the 10.3.3 yet?
    There are only what, two Samsung models (Galaxy S series and Note series) only the LG G series, and really there is only one iPhone. Need to go back and look at which MS phone has the cert. Devices can also recieve NIAP certification for only one specific category, email for example. My understanding is that Chen wants to take all BB10 handsets and the OS through all certs. That is what is holding up the process. If it were only the Passport, say, or only email, it would have been done by now.
    09-06-16 11:41 AM
    There are only what, two Samsung models (Galaxy S series and Note series) only the LG G series, and really there is only one iPhone. Need to go back and look at which MS phone has the cert. Devices can also recieve NIAP certification for only one specific category, email for example. My understanding is that Chen wants to take all BB10 handsets and the OS through all certs. That is what is holding up the process. If it were only the Passport, say, or only email, it would have been done by now.
    IMO, it is different than this;

BlackBerry shall be seeking certification at OS level, similar to how iOS 9 is certified... they would not be having devices listed for certification;

Not just few as you gauge it, but there is huge list of NIAP certified devices in the market (even I am surprised looking it this)
    At OS level; iOS 9.
    Around 8 Apple devices;
    https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/C....cfm?pid=10725

Around 23 (and more) Samsug devices;
    https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/C....cfm?pid=10726
    https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/C....cfm?pid=10633
    https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/C....cfm?pid=10617

Around 6 Microsoft devices;
    https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/C....cfm?pid=10694

Around 4 (15 sub-variants) LG models;
    https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/C....cfm?pid=10710
    https://www.niap-ccevs.org/Product/C....cfm?pid=10621
    Last edited by priteshmt; 09-06-16 at 12:42 PM.
    09-06-16 12:29 PM
    Chen said he hoped to get NIAP certification by June and that it should help to boost BB10 sales to government. That opportunity has passed.

Now with a second Android device available, two more on the way, with limited resources to deal with any NIAP related BB10 issues, any value that 10.3.3 might have brought to BlackBerry's bottom line may have been lost.
    More and more I'm thinking that they must have quite a large inventory of BB10 phones that they do not want to write off.
    Other than the Boeing Black, have they achieved NIAP for any of their Android devices?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-06-16 01:10 PM
    Good find, just shows the game is not up just yet.
    True the game must go on .
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    09-07-16 03:42 AM