Since I bought my first bb I have used it as my alarm clock, very reliable, only once it failed but it was due battery drained while it was off, now I have
    the new z10 but alarm doesn't work while off, I turned off all my bbs that I have owned to save battery, my first wake up with the z10 didn't work, now reading I found out you put it in bedside mode but then the z10 uses a lot of power, is it this way to use the alarm clock?
    05-05-13 12:47 PM
    I charge mine during the night and use alarm clock in bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:16 PM
    Ya I use mine and plug it in at night, why not just plug it in? What's wrong with doing that?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 02:25 PM
    Ya I use mine and plug it in at night, why not just plug it in? What's wrong with doing that?

Posted via CB10
    It uses electricity

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 07:08 PM
    the old BBs never actually shutdow. it went into a kind of standby mode and the alarm turn the phone back on to set off the alarm. the new BB10 actually shuts down completely when you turn it off. when i leave my phone on bedside mode unplugged i lose maybe 20 off battery life which is pretty decent considering it is still reciving data all night long and the screen is on. but as others have said. why not just plug it in over night. start your day with a full charge you are going to have to charge it sooner or later why not do that while you are physically incapable of using it ie; while sleeping
    05-06-13 12:15 PM
    the old BBs never actually shutdow. it went into a kind of standby mode and the alarm turn the phone back on to set off the alarm. the new BB10 actually shuts down completely when you turn it off. when i leave my phone on bedside mode unplugged i lose maybe 20 off battery life which is pretty decent considering it is still reciving data all night long and the screen is on. but as others have said. why not just plug it in over night. start your day with a full charge you are going to have to charge it sooner or later why not do that while you are physically incapable of using it ie; while sleeping
    Not just old BBs, mobile phones have done this as far back as I remember. I think it must be an OS limitation.

OS7 could do both, it could have an off and full power off
    05-06-13 12:32 PM