If only BlackBerry targeted their acquisitions and only acquired things that made the OS more productive.

Google just acquired the beta app Timeful to be integrated into Google Calendar so there goes any hope of running the app on BlackBerry 10.

Timeful is the task part of Remember better integrated with the calendar. Any task you enter, it looks for and suggests available time slot unobstructively on the in built calendar that you can accept or ask it to reschedule with one click and it schedules with some basic behavioural logic plus learning (e.g. Lunch with someone is always suggested to be in lunchtime, personal tasks will not be suggested in work time, tasks you completed quickest or most readily accept habitually at certain time slot will be scheduled in similar time slot if available).

This is the most annoying thing with the BB10 os to me, the calendar and Remember are a nightmare. You can't quickly input things and there's really very little added functionality from using a paper agenda other than syncing. There's still no leave by time which is something in the other OSes for over a year.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-08-15 11:32 PM
    That doesn't mean BlackBerry cannot still improve their native apps to perform similar functions. Nevertheless, I agree both apps could use more tight knit integration.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    05-09-15 12:01 AM
    That doesn't mean BlackBerry cannot still improve their native apps to perform similar functions. Nevertheless, I agree both apps could use more tight knit integration.

Posted via CB10
    If something is acquired by Google, you can pretty much be certain that there will be some patents involved.

Though on hind sight, my point, whether I realized or not, might have been BlackBerry is falling behind on many productivity functions that should be baked into the OS, and lacking the app ecosystem to make up for it certainly doesn't help, and it is catching up at a much slower pace than iOS, Android and Microsoft are developing and growing. BB10 is falling further and further behind even though it is moving forward. The sad thing is, I just can't see a feasible solution at thus point. It seems they could have made a turn around if they focused their acquisitions on the correct resources and companies but by now they have wasted too much resources on the wrong things that they no longer have the resources to support the growth necessary to catch up to the other 3 OSes.

05-09-15 12:17 AM
    If something is acquired by Google, you can pretty much be certain that there will be some patents involved.

Though on hind sight, my point, whether I realized or not, might have been BlackBerry is falling behind on many productivity functions that should be baked into the OS, and lacking the app ecosystem to make up for it certainly doesn't help, and it is catching up at a much slower pace than iOS, Android and Microsoft are developing and growing. BB10 is falling further and further behind even though it is moving forward. The sad thing is, I just can't see a feasible solution at thus point. It seems they could have made a turn around if they focused their acquisitions on the correct resources and companies but by now they have wasted too much resources on the wrong things that they no longer have the resources to support the growth necessary to catch up to the other 3 OSes.

Patents involve doing things a certain way, not doing things in a broad way. The latter is the basis of patent trolls.

For example, there is no patent on the Clash of Clans concept that people managed to duplicate so many times

Z10 STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-09-15 12:59 AM
    Patents involve doing things a certain way, not doing things in a broad way. The latter is the basis of patent trolls.

For example, there is no patent on the Clash of Clans concept that people managed to duplicate so many times

Z10 STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    The app is a system came up by a its behaviour scientist developers so that answers your reply. Considering Universal Search that can be activated without leaving home screen is a proper patent held by Apple thus Android has not been able to implement it, I am quite certain there's next to no chance that this system will not be patented.

05-09-15 01:05 AM
    If only BlackBerry targeted their acquisitions and only acquired things that made the OS more productive.

Google just acquired the beta app Timeful to be integrated into Google Calendar so there goes any hope of running the app on BlackBerry 10.

Timeful is the task part of Remember better integrated with the calendar. Any task you enter, it looks for and suggests available time slot unobstructively on the in built calendar that you can accept or ask it to reschedule with one click and it schedules with some basic behavioural logic plus learning (e.g. Lunch with someone is always suggested to be in lunchtime, personal tasks will not be suggested in work time, tasks you completed quickest or most readily accept habitually at certain time slot will be scheduled in similar time slot if available).

This is the most annoying thing with the BB10 os to me, the calendar and Remember are a nightmare. You can't quickly input things and there's really very little added functionality from using a paper agenda other than syncing. There's still no leave by time which is something in the other OSes for over a year.

You lost me on the first sentence.
    05-09-15 01:13 AM

I'm not going to say that they aren't a tad cumbersome and definitely leave room for improvement. However, in defense of BB10, you can add appointments and reminders VERY EASILY with BlackBerry Assistant. It is definitely the best use for the Assistant that we have. Very fast and I'm sure it is far more efficient than trying to add them manually.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-09-15 01:48 AM
    I'm not going to say that they aren't a tad cumbersome and definitely leave room for improvement. However, in defense of BB10, you can add appointments and reminders VERY EASILY with BlackBerry Assistant. It is definitely the best use for the Assistant that we have. Very fast and I'm sure it is far more efficient than trying to add them manually.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    But the Assistant is much slower than all other assistants on other OSes. It is just not fast enough when it comes to things that needs to be fast.

No one expect an immediate response if they email you or send you a message, but marking down calendar appointments and todos in a pinch like when you are talking with someone is something that needs to be done quickly. BlackBerry just constantly has the wrong priority. This reminds of the chaos when they switched to BB10, instead of devoting resources to the one main operating system, they sold new units for a soon to be abandoned OS, developed an entirely different tablet OS without any clear sense of directions where that will go, and acquired weird collections of companies, and in the end launched an OS that supports neither the apps from the legacy OS nor the Playbook OS.

If they got their priority right and devoted these wasted resources to this single OS, then I don't think BB would not be where it is at. It is frustrating to see how BlackBerry 10 develops, "Android and iOS have memo and task apps, lets do one, and as long as we have one it doesn't matter what it does and how it does things." The problem is BlackBerry keeps marketing BlackBerry as productivity devices to differentiate itself but it is not making productivity the priority of the OS.

05-09-15 03:16 AM
    When ever I read threads like this, whatever the base subject matter; smartphones, operating systems, cars, I always wonder why they don't use the version that they seem to be saying would work so much better for them.

I belong to several community organisations that have online calendars to organise their events and members. They are all Google Apps based and I'm sure could be managed by the iPhones or Androids the others carry. But they all seem to come to me to get them sorted. I usually hear about the latest app or feature for this or that, including time management interspersed with the stream of scheduling changes they expect me to keep up to and enter into the group Calendar for them. They never seem to be up to the task of managing things with their latest and greatest from Apple, Samsung or LG while they run down my two year old BlackBerry as if it was five or six.

I always am grateful that BlackBerry has chosen to go a different way, even though sometimes they stumble. If I didn't have my BlackBerry I would have to wait till I got home and do the updates on my PC where I would spend more time convincing Google that I do want to keep ali these different accounts separate, and I really do want to use this particular one now, than actually making the change.

Personal and work calendar management is child's play; but if someone can automate it for the "normal" user, good on them. Personal, work public, work non-disclosure, three or four groups with executive, membership and public schedules; these are the things busy people deal with. I've never found any of the other mobile technology was up to the task the way BlackBerry is.

In the end if the tools don't work the way you want them to, because glad there are other tools available. Don't wish all the tools were the same.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    dosto likes this.
    05-09-15 05:38 AM