All,

Just received my passport this week here in the UK to go with my Q10 and love it.
    Only issue is finding decent offline sat nav (i.e. copilot as I already have an account and license).
    I travel abroad with business so don't want roaming data charges.

I can install copilot but it complains before I even get to log on that it cannot verify the purchase with google. Works fine on WP8.1 and android.

Anyone got it (or alternatives) working on BB10?

Also, the only other apps I cannot get working (and I use) are paypal and Lloyds bank. Any suggestions?

Michael
    10-23-14 06:16 AM
    I have used Mireo Don't Panic since I got my Z10 at launch. I now use it on my Z30 and I like it a lot. It's not perfect (no copy n paste into search box is a gripe) but it has done me proud in all of UK and a stint in Italy with no probs. I would recommend to any BlackBerry user.
    Navman is free but I found some errors in the free maps so stuck with Mireo.

Posted via CB10
    Ricktye likes this.
    10-23-14 06:25 AM
    How expensive is Mireo for UK and US? Is it fully offline?
    10-23-14 06:32 AM
    Navfree is pretty good as well. I have used it in North America but I believe it has many international offline maps

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 06:44 AM
    I use OsmAnd, it's an android port but no lag for me, excellent map, multiple maps can be downloaded and used offline, online as you wish.
    Offline sat nav on BB10 (I have a passport)-img_20141023_064813.png

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 06:48 AM
    The trouble with Mireo, here in Canada at least, is the simple fact that street address search simply doesn't work. I have contacted the developer and while they admit to the flaw, there has been no fix made. Hopefully they'll address the problem in the near future because other than that, its an OK app.

I have used Mireo Don't Panic since I got my Z10 at launch. I now use it on my Z30 and I like it a lot. It's not perfect (no copy n paste into search box is a gripe) but it has done me proud in all of UK and a stint in Italy with no probs. I would recommend to any BlackBerry user.
    Navman is free but I found some errors in the free maps so stuck with Mireo.

Posted via CB10

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    10-23-14 07:15 AM
    Navfree

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 07:21 AM
    Next to Mireo, Navfree is the most dependable.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 07:21 AM
    Oh and I should add there can be slight lag on Mireo but I took that to be a phone hardware thing and not software as I'm sure Navfree was same.
    Yes Mireo is data free as you download the map pack. I have western Europe which is 3Gb and u can save to sdcard so phone memory doesn't get full.
    I would say to anyone using the sat nav a lot to invest on a vent fixed holster. This is because I found that the phone heats up a lot whilst being charged (which is a must as battery drains fast when using sat nav), using sat nav and in the sun coming in windshield. Since its on a vent it keeps it cool.
    Another bug bare I have with Mireo is when I security wipe my phone I have to redownload the 3gb map again even though it was still on sdcard. No backing up of my favourite locations (that I have found anyway) but as I say it's worked well in all of UK for me. I had to find an offline sat nav as I don't get a signal in a lot of places I've been. I'm rarely in bug cities so maybe the lag will be more of an issue for city streets.
    I like it, I don't pay for things easily, and you can download the app for a free weeks usage to see if u like it. You can't go wrong with that

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:13 AM
    Mireo and Navfree user here too. Mireo has the edge with nicer interface and I find it faster when recalculating routes. Maps are pretty much on par form my experience. You can try Mireo and see how you like it and if you are patient wait for a discount, I got mine 60% off last December.

Posted via my square wonder thingie
    10-23-14 09:08 AM
    Another vote for navfree.
    10-23-14 05:59 PM
    Sorry I'm giving duff info on Mireo. I meant to say I have to redownload the 3Gb map even tho its on my sdcard from a different phone. I went thru 5 Z10's. So had to download Mireo 5 times. You DON'T NEED REDOWNLOAD if you do a security wipe

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:18 PM
    Mireo has been very reliable on my Z10; however, since I switched to the Passport I haven't been able to get it working. It crashed as soon as I opened it. I'm using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154. Anybody has the same problem?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 05:15 AM
    I'm in the UK as well and had the same problem. I'd been using Copilot on WM5/6 then Android. Licence from former worked on latter.

This was after I had checked Copilot wasn't on the Amazon app store.

BUT the good news is that it now is on Amazon to download (was searching for an Arriva bus app and it turned up in the results)

My original WM license key works and it seems to work fine overall although a bit slow to open. Can't save maps to card as far as I can see

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 04:37 AM
    I used M8 in the UK on my Z10 which was excellent, including free live traffic updates. It doesn't work on the Z30 unfortunately so I've found Mireo the best but in the UK this doesn't have live traffic.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 08:01 AM
    OsmAnd is a good choice. Free version allows you to download 10 maps, but you can download the rest for free from website and then copy to maps folder if you prefer to use the free version. I prefer this one over NavFree

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 08:09 AM