I love the screen share feature of BBM, now that's hot.....you can go straight into a video or song info without having to hang up, upload file then send then call back&ask if they received it yet. BB10....epitome of flow
    01-30-13 11:28 AM
    Dev alpha update cancelled?
    01-30-13 11:28 AM
    SoC is Snapdragon S4. MSM8960.
    Not exactly cutting edge but good enough
    01-30-13 11:33 AM
    Like the look of the phones and will get one for sure.
    Point on the playbook comments - at the launch of probably their last big stab at getting back to being a major smartphone player, why would they lay any focus on a 2 year old product that was never really accepted by the mainstream tech writers/bloggers?
    whitbags likes this.
    01-30-13 11:35 AM
    Whoa, totally didn't expect RIM to change its name to BB. Guess they heard of the suggestions made here on CB. Nice.
    01-30-13 11:37 AM
    Hahahaha ... Just listening to a 'reviewer' on BNN. "The BlackBerry 10 is not amazing. Its no better than the Galaxy S3 or iPhone5. Yeah its faster. Yeah its got a faster camera. Yeah its smooth and easy to use. But its not better in any of those areas than the S3 or the iPhone." HUH ??? WTF did you just say ?
    01-30-13 11:38 AM
    Vivek is just all like, "yea I've been using the Z10 for a while now......yea I've got pics & videos...yea lemme call my boi inside BBM, the first time live.....but yeah I been doing this like erryday....yea...". I'm apologize....my envy is showing.
    01-30-13 11:41 AM
    Like the look of the phones and will get one for sure.
    Point on the playbook comments - at the launch of probably their last big stab at getting back to being a major smartphone player, why would they lay any focus on a 2 year old product that was never really accepted by the mainstream tech writers/bloggers?
    Because RIM doesn't know how to actually apply and use their tablet - they are lost. It's not the tablet's lack of purpose. It's BlackBerry's. It seems only Apple is getting this and that's thanks only to their users and innovators.

Let me rant here for a bit (frustration not directed at you...just at BlackBerry):

They need a Bluetooth 4 (or better) or wireless dongle (integrate it into a case if you have to) that connects the tablet and phone to THINGS - like TV's, computers, screens - think medical imaging, doctors offices - think workflow...how are tablets used today? How could they benefit people on the move, on the fly, on the spot? This is a hypothetical situation but it demos my point: Could I use a tablet with my customer checking shoe sizes in the storage room while I am sitting right with them, rather than going to the back, climbing up a ladder...losing critical time with my customer...they walk out, sale lost...how about car sales? How about the guy on the floor in the WalMart helping a customer? Oh let me check my other store downtown...BBM, hey guys, got this? Yes? Sweet. Sir, do you have a credit card and we can process the transaction directly right here and now via my cellphone card reader/processor - swipe, here's your e-receipt, just show them this QR code/number and they can print out a paper receipt when you pick it up...by the way, here is my contact info QR Code so you can follow up with ME directly if there is a problem.

Like seriously, this isn't rocket science...pick ANY task. Go through the workflow...

Allow, customization of the FLOW experience to a particular user or user scenario/job. There is a LOT more to the world than LinkedIn, Twitter...FaceBook. I don't even use ANY of those things. But I would like to PEEK into my stock on the fly or check/adjust prices easily. I'd love to be able to connect directly with customers right on the spot...

The PlayBook in 7 or 10" needs the ability connect to a broader device. It's an input device, and a great personal consumption device, but NOT a very good mass consumption device. Their value add is breaking the personal consumption metaphor and branch this out to mass consumption. This means opening up your API's a bit for the programming community to tap into. Remember the AR Parrott Drone you can buy for like $300? It's a quadrocopter and controlled by the iPad and iPhone. Tablets at 7" are perfect for this...same with connecting to devices like Razzberry Pi platform for creating robotics. We WANT USBOTG connectivity. We WANT to be able to connect this via infrared dongle if needed. Why isn't this device in every kitchen or household controlling the lights, heat, security system (cameras)? Why can't RIM's tablets be the in the field interface to accomplish things? Why does Apple get all the say in the direction of everything? You listening RIM? Man, this frustrates me...

They could even make and market a case that allows the Wi-Fi only tablets to become cellular tablets. Why can't you slip on a cover that has a sim card and radio in it? Make it sturdy - make it robust. Why need an all inclusive cellular tablet? Just make one and slip it into a case. EVERYONE uses some type of a case to protect it during transportation.

BB 10 is a LOT more than just phones...

I could go on and on here...BlackBerry is simply not thinking outside the box. Their USERS are...simply empower their users to extend their platform leveraging their security model - and make lots of money. It's really that simple.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 01-30-13 at 12:03 PM.
    01-30-13 11:52 AM
    Rogers appears to be running a preorder promo for $139
    Just pre-ordered mine from Telus, 149.00
    carlyincanada likes this.
    01-30-13 12:01 PM
    LOVE the SIM case idea !!! Now THAT is unique
    chaosdivine likes this.
    Whoa, totally didn't expect RIM to change its name to BB. Guess they heard of the suggestions made here on CB. Nice.
    I was just talking to a co-worker about this. Microsoft has Windows, Google has Android, but really, RIM only had BlackBerry, so why not? I think it was a good choice.
    Well guys/gals. Been awake 25 hours now. Time for bed. Good luck absorbing all the BB10/Z10 info !
    01-30-13 12:05 PM
    The press is a bunch of garbage, so is the idiotPhone crowd, not playing nice anymore! The hate has got to me today!
    Kingkracker and carlyincanada like this.
    01-30-13 12:17 PM
    Damm blackberry is getting hammered on these blogs i thought this was suppose to be a good day
    01-30-13 12:26 PM
    Damm blackberry is getting hammered on these blogs i thought this was suppose to be a good day
    I think its the othersides fearing the unknown!
    Kingkracker and carlyincanada like this.
    01-30-13 12:31 PM
    Here is my take, and request to discuss how we can 'rebound' from this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...1/#post7905550

chaosdivine likes this.
    01-30-13 12:37 PM
    To be brutally honest, the launch presentation felt a bit underwhelming and awkward at times. I've never followed launch presentations before (have not seen Apple's or Microsoft's) but I was expecting a bit more with the BB10 launch (maybe expecting too much). Maybe because I've followed this for months and seen/know of most of the features from leaks that I wasn't greatly impressed as I should be. I was hoping that BB had more major surprises up their sleeves than what was shown.

And from what I see with previous posts above, other tech review sites are beginning to show their "hate" again. That is not good to hear and what I feared may happen. Hopefully, things are good enough for them to capture a good sales and user base for the new devices. I will still be getting a Z10, as BB10 OS is still by far the best out there right now.
    Last edited by DuexNoir; 01-30-13 at 10:23 PM.
    01-30-13 12:38 PM
    Here is my take, and request to discuss how we can 'rebound' from this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...1/#post7905550

FAWKING RIGHT ON....you hit it on the head, perfectly...I agree with you 100%.
    01-30-13 12:42 PM
    I'm excited and looking forward to Z10 next week Feb 06 for us...whohooo!

BlackBerry name is a good move and all the new things BB10 will have....bb hub, media store, balance, top apps etc!
    01-30-13 12:45 PM
    I think its the othersides fearing the unknown!

The highest scores i've seen so far is a 7.0 smh.

Im here the hub is quite messy and a whole slew of slander.
    01-30-13 12:54 PM
    ATT has announced the BB10, and you can sign on to receive an email when it becomes available...So...waiting.
    01-30-13 01:02 PM
    still waiting on the "big surprises",,, zzz...
    01-30-13 01:07 PM
    still waiting on the "big surprises",,, zzz...
    in march...
    01-30-13 01:09 PM
    The U.S March thingy is NOT GOOD. The press will slam BB10 for a few months and by the time it reaches U.S soil nobody but RIM faithful will buy. Except for Uncle Rush and Alicia Keys of course.

Also they kept Boasting about the browser and gave no demo. No demo on Voice Viki whoever...nada.

DLNA? Bridge? No app demos. It seemed rushed.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 01:10 PM
    Just pre-ordered mine from Telus, 149.00
    i'm surprised at how well Telus set-up their pre-ordering site for once. i think i might join you and pre-order as well.
    01-30-13 01:12 PM
3,512 ... 134135136137138 ...