Really looking forward to tomorrow. As soon as Telus has the white Zed10 in stock I'll be there to pick one up and trade in my 9810, even though I am only 18 months into a 3 year term! My wife will be upgrading from her pay as you go as well (although she doesn't know it yet!!)

Can't wait for BB10 to hit the PlayBook as well so I can upgrade both of them as well!
    01-29-13 12:11 PM
    I'm looking for a BBM Group to join for this!!!
    01-29-13 12:11 PM
    will this day hurry up and be over already, I want to see BB10!
    01-29-13 12:12 PM
    I have 2 premature questions, but I always think about this when a new BB phone emerges... Maybe Kevin, Adam, Blaze, or anyone else that knows more about the BB10 platform can answer this:

1. Will updating the device for OS updates be identical to the OS 7 and under devices? (i.e. downloading the new OS, backing up, and transferring it to the BB ia the BB Desktop software.) - No, the OS updates will be OTA, just like the PlayBook

2. Will there be a new version of BB Desktop software, or will there be an entirely new way to backup, restore, etc. the BB10 devices? Yes new desktop software called BlackBerry Link
    responses to your questions in bold
    peacefulberry likes this.
    01-29-13 12:13 PM
    FINALLY!!! My Torch broke in june, the end call button stopped working, and I thought I could deal with it until BB10 came out (except pulling the battery after leaving a voice mail for someone....that sucked), but had to get a new phone when I heard it was going to be delayed until Q1 of 2013. I got a GS3, and while it's a good phone, I was amazed at how a company like google couldn't build an email app that would work well with both gmail and exhange?!?! Also, a calendar that, well to put it as nice as i can. it's F*#^ING TERRIBLE. I miss my blackberry, a lot. I haven't been able to sync my outlook calendar since june.

What's the point of having a phone that's supposed to be good? All i ever heard from people was "ya it's great. Once you get it, Root it, then do this, install all of these third parties apps so that you can do what you need to do...". Why can't i just have a phone that does what i need it to do out of the box?!?!

BLACKBERRY 10!! Finally I can work again

I entered every bloody contest to try and win a free one, and sadly I didn't win. Oh well, still getting one to get my life working again!
    I'm looking for a BBM Group to join for this!!!
    me too, anyone have one?
    I have 2 premature questions, but I always think about this when a new BB phone emerges... Maybe Kevin, Adam, Blaze, or anyone else that knows more about the BB10 platform can answer this:

1. Will updating the device for OS updates be identical to the OS 7 and under devices? (i.e. downloading the new OS, backing up, and transferring it to the BB ia the BB Desktop software.)

2. Will there be a new version of BB Desktop software, or will there be an entirely new way to backup, restore, etc. the BB10 devices?
    1. You'll be able to download updates OTA and no back up is required (although may be advised), so no need to connect up to your computer.
    2. There will be a new version of BB desktop manager called BB Link. The entire scope of its features are not known yet, and whether any wireless back-up/restore features beyond BB protect's current feature set is also yet to be known.
    peacefulberry likes this.
    I can't make it. Buying iPhone today
    Come on! Its just a few hours, you can wait I know you can. I can't buy one till some months from now but you can so live out my dream for me . Ok let me make you a deal here, if you wait and buy a Blackberry 10 phone I will write some smiley faces for the thread that you will post telling us all of just how awesome it is!
    Petris likes this.
    01-29-13 12:14 PM

Can we make a soundtrack for the waiting?

I'm going with Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
    This song hadn't even crossed my mind until morpho4444 suggested it, but now it's definitely going on my playlist. (Along with AC/DC's Back in Black, of course.)

Sadly I won't be able to get a new Z10 device until I'm finished with my contract at the end of November (joys of a University student), but I've been following BB10 news for a year or so now. I'm excited we're all going to finally see everything come together instead of little pieces of it. I'll be using my battle-scarred still lovely Bold 9780 in tandem with my Playbook faithfully until I get my hands on a new device. Perhaps I'll hold off for the Aristo, but it's a tough decision to make if the Aristo has a sealed back and I can't add my microSD like I could with the Z10.

I've managed to convert my iPhone-loving RIM-neutral father into not only watching for news about BB10, but to actually really consider it as his next smartphone purchase. He's really impressed with what he's seen on the demo videos I've showed him. He loves full-touchscreen phones so the Z10 will be right up his alley.

Before the year is over, I should be sporting a new BB10 device. Gotta support my favourite Canadian company, after all.
    01-29-13 12:14 PM
    I'm down at school right now so I am really going to have to work to get my BB Z10. First off, I'm skipping class tomorrow to watch the announcement. Once I find out when the actual release is I need to some how bum a ride to a Verizon store so I can pick one up because there is no way I am waiting for shipping. At the store I am going to buy it outright and then leave because despite having an upgrade, I would need my dad to be present since I am on his family plan in order to upgrade. Then I am going to call Verizon and activate it over the air since I found the password to the account over winter break. After this, I need to convince the girlfriend BB10 is as good as the hype so I can get her a Z10 for valentines day and it will be a win-win for me (assuming they will have been released by then). BB10 FTW
    ctuffy likes this.
    01-29-13 12:15 PM
    I need some help if anyone can , bb10 wont be in my country tmrow and it might take months to officialy arrive here, if i buy it from another country like UK will the phone get locked once i put my card in it??
    01-29-13 12:15 PM
    This is it folks!!! I WANT IT!!
    01-29-13 12:16 PM
    Been hoping for blackberry to update before my upgrade. The Z10 looks awesome and I can't wait to get one!!
    01-29-13 12:16 PM
    I am.so excited for BB10. I have loved BlackBerry since I got my playbook, and BB10 will be my first BlackBerry smart phone. I have talked quite a lot about BB10 on my blog:Blaine's View
    I can not wait for tomorrow
    ctuffy likes this.
    01-29-13 12:18 PM
    Here in the UK I'm hoping to place my Z10 order with Vodafone at 5pm GMT tomorrow. On Thursday they will have Z10s in store. That's if the rumour mill is correct.
    01-29-13 12:19 PM
    Come on! Its just a few hours, you can wait I know you can. I can't buy one till some months from now but you can so live out my dream for me . Ok let me make you a deal here, if you wait and buy a Blackberry 10 phone I will write some smiley faces for the thread that you will post telling us all of just how awesome it is!
    I hope you're kidding because we know Bold Until Hybrid Comes sure was.
    KDB84 and Toodeurep like this.
    01-29-13 12:19 PM
    I've had my z10 on order for a few weeks now. Can't believe that tomorrow is the day! Will definitely make my week/month/year if I can even pick it up tomorrow as some rumours suggest. It would be great for the plane ride on Thursday. If it's available but can't get it tomorrow I'll have to wait until Monday
    Cancelled my meeting for the 10am webcast....although I only have an hour so they better fit all the announcements in quickly!
    #BB10Believe!
    01-29-13 12:21 PM
    bb10 bbm group, hit it up.

see attached file
    hope this works.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Official CrackBerry BlackBerry 10 Waiting Room Thread!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    01-29-13 12:22 PM
    Obviously you didnt send this from a Z10 cuz it would have fixed that for you.

heheheheehe....I think it was my desktop at work....
    01-29-13 12:23 PM
    #cantwait #BB10
    01-29-13 12:24 PM
    Can't wait for this ... been drooling over all the pics!
    01-29-13 12:24 PM
    I hope Thorsten Heins walks on stage tomorrow at 10 am with this music BLASTING in the background. Listen to the lyrics!
    01-29-13 12:26 PM
    bb10 bbm group, hit it up.

see attached file
    hope this works.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    well the no blackberry data plan on regular data plan surprised me.
    01-29-13 12:27 PM
    The wait is almost over. And now in my best Dr. Seuss voice...."Can't keep my eyes off the clock! The tick seems longer than the tock!!"
    QuickDime likes this.
    01-29-13 12:28 PM
3,512 ... 1112131415 ...