That dialer lag has been making me insane the last few builds. Really tired of missing the first 5 seconds of what the other person says with every call.

And FWIW: I thought it was fixed with 2789 too. But it returned not much later.

Worse, I have to restart pretty much every 1-2 days now, or else the lag makes the phone almost unusable.

And the radio on Verizon is flaky (Z10), it drops the data session randomly. Have to either toggle airplane mode or restart again to get it to behave each time.

So if we are seeing consistent and longlasting improvements in these areas, that's very good.
    I know the feel. For me it's like Around 20 seconds.
    It's been there since the release of this Shi**y OS. I regret upgrading and whining about The release of 10.3.1.
    And we can't even go back. I MISS 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 05:46 AM
    I hate that I cannot hang up fast enough. It is so slow to press that red button. Hope they fixed this one.

Posted via CB10
    Same here.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 05:46 AM
    Calendar still crashes for no apparent reason.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    12-03-15 05:59 AM

Well the delay before the UI shifts to the "active" display is probably close to 20 seconds. But since the connection and audio doesn't initiate immediately, I've found that the actual audio delay is more like 5 seconds after it appears to connect. That's just off the top of my head, didn't spend an hour making 100 calls to verify exactly. :P But actually the worse problem for me are incoming calls - you think you've answered the call but the person on the other side can't hear you for 5-10 seconds. A lot of people by that point are on the verge of hanging up, thinking the call didn't go through.

Personally I don't think this issue is unique to the phone dialer, it just is most drastically noticeable there. I've noticed lag issues with pretty much all the 10.3.2 builds. The first ones, just trying to change the volume/media volume was an undertaking, the action was laggy and "rubbery". But all sorts of things are lagging.

Something is keeping the CPU very busy servicing interrupts and I'd sure like to know what it is. I sure hope it's not just because of the stupid "kill switch" legally mandated feature that I don't even want on my device...
    12-03-15 06:04 AM
    Well the delay before the UI shifts to the "active" display is probably close to 20 seconds. But since the connection and audio doesn't initiate immediately, I've found that the actual audio delay is more like 5 seconds after it appears to connect. That's just off the top of my head, didn't spend an hour making 100 calls to verify exactly. :P But actually the worse problem for me are incoming calls - you think you've answered the call but the person on the other side can't hear you for 5-10 seconds. A lot of people by that point are on the verge of hanging up, thinking the call didn't go through.

Personally I don't think this issue is unique to the phone dialer, it just is most drastically noticeable there. I've noticed lag issues with pretty much all the 10.3.2 builds. The first ones, just trying to change the volume/media volume was an undertaking, the action was laggy and "rubbery". But all sorts of things are lagging.

Something is keeping the CPU very busy servicing interrupts and I'd sure like to know what it is. I sure hope it's not just because of the stupid "kill switch" legally mandated feature that I don't even want on my device...
    You just described the exact problem I am facing.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 07:17 AM
    It's been there since the release of this Shi**y OS. I regret upgrading and whining about The release of 10.3.1.
    And we can't even go back. I MISS 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    For me it's been downhill since 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 07:47 AM
    For me it's been downhill since 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    There were some improvements with 3.x but as far as lag & bugs, yeah I agree.

One bug that REALY annoys me is the 3.2 timezone bug. As a pilot I'm always changing timezones and it's annoying having to reset the hub every time to get rid of that ghost notification. It's probably very annoying to people who live on the edge of a timezone too.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    12-03-15 09:17 AM
    Calendar still crashes for no apparent reason.
    That random calendar crash seems to be fixed (for me) in 10.3.2.2813 by the newer calendar and eventcreate apps. In 10.3.2.2789, the Calendar app sometimes crashed when I tried to add a new event. That is, Calendar closed almost immediately after I tapped the Add button.
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2813
    Last edited by eywong; 12-03-15 at 04:27 PM.
    12-03-15 11:59 AM
    That dialer lag has been making me insane the last few builds. Really tired of missing the first 5 seconds of what the other person says with every call.

And FWIW: I thought it was fixed with 2789 too. But it returned not much later.

Worse, I have to restart pretty much every 1-2 days now, or else the lag makes the phone almost unusable.

And the radio on Verizon is flaky (Z10), it drops the data session randomly. Have to either toggle airplane mode or restart again to get it to behave each time.

So if we are seeing consistent and longlasting improvements in these areas, that's very good.
    It is very interesting how it seems every Z10 reacts to the OS differently. My wife and I both have VZW Z10's and she has the lag in the phone app where mine does not. We are both on 2789 using the VZW radio. Neither of us are having the problem with data connection that you are seeing. Now my phone does randomly reboot a couple times a week where my wife's does not. So like I said, very interesting.

That random calendar crash seems to be fixed (for me) in 10.3.2.2813 by the newer calendar and eventcreate apps. In 10.3.2.2789, the Calendar app sometimes crashed when I tried to add a new event. That is, Calendar closed almost immediately after I tapped the Add button.
    Z10STL100-3/10/3/2/2813
    My wife is seeing the exact same problem on 2789 while I am not. So she will be happy to have this resolved. Thank you for the feedback.
    12-03-15 12:33 PM
    Battery consumption is high during first day so far....

After 24 hours on my Z30 batter consumption looks just about the same as before. No noticeable improvements or dysfunctions so far.
    12-03-15 12:50 PM
    really hoping this solves the delay for answering and ending calls (to end I actually have to swipe out of the dialer app and back in). Im very close to switching not cause I dislike BB but because I need to be able to use my phone.
    12-03-15 01:03 PM
    I hope it solves the wifi drops...on my Z30 and Passport on my other BlackBerrys I am still using 10.2.2 and 10.3.1

Posted via PP
    12-03-15 02:08 PM
    Z10STL100-3/10/3/2/2813
    I really hope the calendar crashing bug gets fixed ASAP. The calendar is a core app and to have the app crash when trying to add any future event really is irritating.
    e4diesel likes this.
    12-03-15 02:19 PM
    I did a destructive install, no restore from last leak install. Battery life is just ever so slightly improved and welcome.
    Phone app is still .. meh
    Last edited by HereticHermit; 12-05-15 at 03:31 PM. Reason: fixed spelling
    12-03-15 02:59 PM
    Z10STL100-3/10/3/2/2813
    ... that was me telling you the Calendar crashing is not fixed (not entirely at least). Because it has kept happening to me even after upgrading and letting everything settle again: Edit or Add event just make the app crash very frequently.

Also I can no longer seem to open the Remember app/card from the Calendar. It just goes dark but never finishes loading.

12-03-15 03:49 PM
    ... that was me telling you the Calendar crashing is not fixed (not entirely at least). Because it has kept happening to me even after upgrading and letting everything settle again: Edit or Add event just make the app crash very frequently.

Also I can no longer seem to open the Remember app/card from the Calendar. It just goes dark but never finishes loading.

I see an autoloader without a restore in your future.
    12-03-15 03:57 PM
    I see an autoloader without a restore in your future.
    Never again. I'm very thorough with the way I install my devices and have never seen an actual benefit from doing a fresh install after 'just' one incremental upgrade through sachesi (I did a fresh install just a month ago).
    In fact the first time I installed 10.3.2 (OTA) I could still see my Read Filed Gmail in the Hub (as per the setting), but every since that "autoloader without restore" that just ended up broken again.

12-03-15 04:14 PM
    The latest OS leak seems to have improved battery performance. In my case, on both my Classic and Z10, the batteries now last about 35% longer with 60 - 70% charge remaining at the end of a day's use. With the previous OS, only about 25 - 35% charge remained at the end of a day of moderate use (after an overnight full recharge).

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    12-03-15 04:44 PM
    Originally Posted by madh263362
    Super smooth on my Z30, auto loaded from 10.3.2.2789, what's app opening blazing fast, ram management seems good, no restore, started from scratch

Anything is blazing fast when starting from scratch

Posted via CB10

And you can keep it running fast if you reboot frequently... just like you would ANY computer. I reboot once a day!

You don't have to agree with me and personally it won't effect my device what-so-ever, but it will affect yours!

This update was basically maintenance and fixes. Not that anything was wrong .... fixes just make things run better than they already were.
    Think of it as fine-tuning!

I had 46 updates in this OS. didn't notice any changes but than my devices always run at their best!
    madh263362 and world saviour like this.
    12-03-15 05:55 PM
    And you can keep it running fast if you reboot frequently... just like you would ANY computer. I reboot once a day!
    If BB10 or your PC requires a daily reboot to keep performance from degrading something is horribly wrong. I implore people not to listen to this.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-04-15 at 03:33 AM. Reason: cleanup
    thedose likes this.
    12-03-15 07:55 PM
    If BB10 or your PC requires a daily reboot to keep performance from degrading something is horribly wrong. I implore people not to listen to this cargo cult nonsense.
    If you run a lot of Android apps, you can have substantial memory leaks. Once a day is excessive, but one a week is probably advised.

People who run little to no Android apps, probably need to reboot once in a blue moon.
    Last edited by conite; 12-03-15 at 08:43 PM.
    12-03-15 08:15 PM
    Ok loaded it up to my Z30 and Passport. No wifi improvements whatsoever .

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 08:34 PM
    If you run a lot of Android apps, you can have substantial memory leaks. Once a day is excessive, but one a week is probably advised.

People who run little to no Android apps, probably need to reboot once in a blue moon.
    To reclaim memory allocated to a program just close the leaking program.
    If the system is leaking memory to the point where you need to reboot daily then it is a FUBAR platform.
    Once a week is not good either.
    thedose likes this.
    12-03-15 10:38 PM
    Be kind with other contributors, whether they are more experienced, have a greater reputation than you or not.
    I've cleaned the thread, this is a free, extra - and undesired - work.
    Now let's move back on topic.: OS 10.3.2.2813 Findings and Fixes

Thanks.

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-04-15 at 03:37 AM.
    12-04-15 03:14 AM
    To reclaim memory allocated to a program just close the leaking program.
    If the system is leaking memory to the point where you need to reboot daily then it is a FUBAR platform.
    Once a week is not good either.
    If only it was that easy.

The Runtime does not properly reallocate the memory - it simply gets gobbled up by the system.
    12-04-15 06:07 AM
129 1234 ...