Hi guys,

I contacted the company that's building Office 2012: Textmaker for android and asked them if they built or port their software to BB10 but they declined. Just wanted to tell you, if your desperately waiting. The original text:

My mail:
    Hi,

I want to ask if this programm will ever be available in the blackberry world? In the blackberry app market you could sell an almost 1:1 android port and the users are known for their business activties and their writing with keyboards.
    Also I want to know if there will be an update where you can insert mathematical formulars?

Thanks in Advance

Their mail:
    Dear customer,

We are working on different versions of SoftMaker Office for Mac, iPhone, and iPad but not for Windows 8 RT, Chrome OS, Palm, Mobile Linux, Maemo,
    Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry, Solaris, Symbian, ect. Currently we cannot say when these versions will be ready for release.
    If you have signed up for our newsletter we will inform you as soon as we have more information.

Best regards
    SoftMaker Team

However if somebody has come across their .apk, I would love to know if it's portable right away.

Thx Rox
    09-25-13 06:35 PM
    Hi guys,

I contacted the company that's building Office 2012: Textmaker for android and asked them if they built or port their software to BB10 but they declined. Just wanted to tell you, if your desperately waiting. The original text:
    Go to that forum (sideloads /android) and ask Podgy to do it for you. You'll need to send him the apk file though.

My mail:
    Hi,

I want to ask if this programm will ever be available in the blackberry world? In the blackberry app market you could sell an almost 1:1 android port and the users are known for their business activties and their writing with keyboards.
    Also I want to know if there will be an update where you can insert mathematical formulars?

Thanks in Advance

Their mail:
    Dear customer,

We are working on different versions of SoftMaker Office for Mac, iPhone, and iPad but not for Windows 8 RT, Chrome OS, Palm, Mobile Linux, Maemo,
    Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry, Solaris, Symbian, ect. Currently we cannot say when these versions will be ready for release.
    If you have signed up for our newsletter we will inform you as soon as we have more information.

Best regards
    SoftMaker Team

However if somebody has come across their .apk, I would love to know if it's portable right away.

Thx Rox
    09-25-13 07:07 PM
    First, download their application from the Google Play Store (there is a Chrome extension somewhere that does this-not in the Google Chrome store but there is a tutorial somewhere on CB for how to do this) and verify that it runs bug-free.

Contact them again and explain exactly how easy it is to port Android applications to BB10. Make your email nice and full of details, giving links to information (from the BlackBerry dev website), and most importantY of all, emphasise that it will cost them NOTHING to port it because right now you are running it on your BB10 phone and it works perfectly fine. I don't see why they would turn away increased revenue.

PS If it is a payed Android app you won't be able to download it using that Chrome extension--nor should you. If you have an Android phone there are ways of extracting the APK from it.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    09-25-13 08:05 PM