OS 10 must be licenced to original equipment manufacturers like Samsung.

Pin - 219D20AF
    09-26-13 01:39 PM
    They might license it as a hedge, but they likely would not make many phones with it. It's too confusing for customers who expect their Samsung branded phone to work with Google services the way 99% of the other Samsung phones work.
    09-26-13 01:44 PM
    They might license it as a hedge, but they likely would not make many phones with it. It's too confusing for customers who expect their Samsung branded phone to work with Google services the way 99% of the other Samsung phones work.
    That's not quite true. Windows Mobile is also on devices by Samsung. Same thing could be with BlackBerry 10. Small volume but still there.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 03:43 PM
    I actually prefer BlackBerry's designs over Samsung. The leaked Cafe design reminds me of a Galaxy phone, which is way out of its bracket.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 06:55 PM
    But Samsung has Tizen already. I rather prefer Sony. They build better and quality hardware.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 06:59 PM
    But Samsung has Tizen already. I rather prefer Sony. They build better and quality hardware.

Posted via CB10
    I've never had a Sony phone, but my experiences with other Sony hardware give me doubts about that.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:02 PM
    That's not quite true. Windows Mobile is also on devices by Samsung. Same thing could be with BlackBerry 10. Small volume but still there.
    That is true, actually. But then you could argue that they have their plan B, and plan C in place. So why add another OS, especially one with a very weak ecosystem around it?
    09-26-13 07:02 PM
    The problem is the name.
    If they called it qnx 10 or whatever, they could license it, because it doesn't have BlackBerry in its name.

Imagine if Sony licenses it.
    New Sony xperia powered by BlackBerry 10.
    It will be a failure just for the name. Probably Sony would make more money with sailfish os (but it will face the same, identical problems of a weak ecosystem)

Posted via Z10
    09-26-13 07:29 PM
    BlackBerry's problems isn't with the hardware, it's the app gap and ecosystem.

Frankly I find Samsung's phones to be plasticy and cheap feeling. My Z10 is much more solidly built than any Samsung phone I've picked up.
    09-26-13 07:41 PM
    It's also their reputation

For common people, BlackBerry recalls a limited, obsolete phone that can send emails and nothing more

99% of the times when people see my Z10, they are surprised to know that it's a BlackBerry

Posted via Z10
    09-27-13 02:54 AM