Were you poking around with BlackBerry Balance, and maybe you have your phone in "business" mode vs. "personal" mode or vice-versa? Just throwin' that out there...
    02-04-13 08:44 AM
    Pretty sure you can take this back to a carphone warehouse store and get it changed over as a faulty product. You should not have to send it away
    You would think thats the case but its not, i spoke to CPW the other day and asked them what happens if the phone is faulty within the first 30 days and the guy said that bring it back and we will get it sent off for a repair...i was like are you sure, said he was 110% sure. Asked for a manager who more or less said the same thing as well.

Suffice to say i didnt buy one from CPW but ended up ordering one today from phones4u. �480 sim free...hopefully get it by tommorrow and the guy on the phone said you get a 7 day cooling off period and should anything go wrong with the phone ie crashes etc etc then they will replace it within the 28 day period.
    02-04-13 10:52 AM
    Are u apple or Android fanboy,,,,,seriously these issues doean't happen at all...
    Come on. Let's not be calling people 'fanboys' because we don't like what they say. I have all kinds of issues with my iOS devices that many of my Apple loving friends don't have. There are so many variables at play - how devices are used, manufacturing issues, software glitches, network issues etc.
    02-04-13 10:56 AM
    You would think thats the case but its not, i spoke to CPW the other day and asked them what happens if the phone is faulty within the first 30 days and the guy said that bring it back and we will get it sent off for a repair...i was like are you sure, said he was 110% sure. Asked for a manager who more or less said the same thing as well.

Suffice to say i didnt buy one from CPW but ended up ordering one today from phones4u. �480 sim free...hopefully get it by tommorrow and the guy on the phone said you get a 7 day cooling off period and should anything go wrong with the phone ie crashes etc etc then they will replace it within the 28 day period.
    I would like to see Carphone warehouse stopping me getting a refund or replacement. Pretty sure that is covered under the 'Sale of Goods Act'.

Shops can offer, repair replacement or credit note but cannot insist on any one. It would be the customers right to have a refund if they choose.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-04-13 11:11 AM
    I would like to see Carphone warehouse stopping me getting a refund or replacement. Pretty sure that is covered under the 'Sale of Goods Act'.

Shops can offer, repair replacement or credit note but cannot insist on any one. It would be the customers right to have a refund if they choose.
    Which is what i said to both the manager and salesperson there but they werent having any of it. To be honest they both looked bored being there and didnt really want to help etc.
    02-04-13 11:18 AM
    Which is what i said to both the manager and salesperson there but they werent having any of it. To be honest they both looked bored being there and didnt really want to help etc.
    Yea that's the problem you get with some of theses stores.

It's not right, but if you kicked up enough fuss and started quoting from the 'Sale of Goods Act' I am sure they would soon realise they have no leg to stand on. Hopefully you never have to worry about that with your handset from Phones4u.;
    02-04-13 11:22 AM
    What about just returning the phone and buying it from another location or vendor? That's what I would do (done it before many time, but rules may be different in Canada). Tried to see what the policy is for CPW but it doesn't seem to clear cut: https://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.c...20203001e3d%7D
    02-04-13 11:22 AM
    Are u apple or Android fanboy,,,,,seriously these issues doean't happen at all...
    Posts like this make me wish Crackberry had a 'dislike' button so other readers will know that such posts to not reflect the norm of the average Crackberry user.
    Admorris, eddy_berry and mikeo007 like this.
    02-04-13 11:25 AM
    I took the phone back to The Carphone Warehouse yesterday, they switched it for a new one and all is good now. Still annoyed it happened, not BlackBerrys fault, as it seemed like a one off issue that could have easily (and does) happen to an iPhone/Windows Phone/Android.

Been very impressed it's now working. I know a few people have complained about the battery but I've had no issue, wish there was a way to see battery percentage... maybe in the next update (I'm believe I'm right in thinking it took a few iOS updates before they had percentage)
    02-04-13 12:17 PM
    I have noticed a gremlin where I couldn't delete a camera issue because I had swapped the SD card......there was no way it was going...full wipe fixed it. Also has locked once when I told it to restart with charger in.My biggest issue is the list of facebook contacts appearing when i want to send a text message....I cant find how to stop it. Otherwise I am very impressed. I expected some minor bugs, but none are bothering me
    02-04-13 02:12 PM
35 12