Yesterday I went to a lot of effort to find and buy the new BlackBerry Z10.

But since have had problem after problem which is extremly frustrating. Set up went fine to start with then when I first connected to BlackBerry Link it seemed to download an update (not sure if they ever applied, I was doing other things) and since then I have had problem after problem. I will list them below;
    � After adding Google Account my contacts list no longer showed any contacts (non from Google, Live, Facebook, Twitter, BBM, no where) - restarting phone had no effect
    � When trying to get into accounts in setting it would load for a while then crash - restarting phone would sometime let me view accounts, but would then go back later and it would have crashed
    � Blackberry hub will display the message 'Preparing BlackBerry Hub', but nothing would ever happen - resetting the phone would sometimes resolve this issue, but then it would reoccur after a while
    � At this point I felt wiping the phone and starting over was the best way to go
    � After restoring the phone to factory default, and readding every account again - Which was very annoying - all the issues returned
    � So again I wiped the phone but this time migrated all my data from Google Mail to Outlook (Hotmail) This took a long time and I was not happy about doing it
    � So hoping that it was just the Google accounts that where causing the issue I set up the phone AGAIN and then after around half an hour it randomly crash, so I powered the device back on and again when I went to unlock the screen it again crashed, it did this a further 2 times before I removed the SIM. It then restarted fine, so I turned it off and a put the SIM back it, turned it on (crossed my fingers) luckily it didn't crash this time.
    � But when I went to the hub it displyed the message 'Preparing BlackBerry Hub' and never does anything
    I'm sure there is other stuff I have missed out but you get the point, I like BlackBerry, I have had BlackBerry's in the past and never had a problem, why now....

Just to add to my annoyance I just received a text but can't veiw it due to the 'Preparing BlackBerry Hub' message - not being able to see E-Mails is fine, I have a PC for that but texts there is no other way I can view that now and chances are it's important - I WANT TO READ MY TEXTS

Very disappointed so far, especially seeing as I went to so much effort to get the phone - that promised so much
    02-01-13 03:46 PM
    call BlackBerry or your carrier, sounds like a lemon
    02-01-13 03:50 PM
    Interesting - has anyone else experienced these types of problems?
    02-01-13 03:52 PM
    Back it up, and security wipe it.
    02-01-13 03:52 PM
    That sounds very frustrating. BB Support needs to get this resolved, for sure.
    Mel25 likes this.
    02-01-13 03:53 PM
    Can you go back to where you got it and get it replaced? Sounds like you unfortunately got a bad one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 03:55 PM
    Hmm.. we got like 8 Z10's here and none of them are experiencing that.
    02-01-13 03:56 PM
    Back it up, and security wipe it.
    Done this twice, doesn't help

call BlackBerry or your carrier, sounds like a lemon
    Can you go back to where you got it and get it replaced? Sounds like you unfortunately got a bad one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I'm planning to take it back to the shop where I got it from on Sunday, unfortunatily I'm at a tech conference tomorrow. I was also planning on getting a fair bit of work done on the train journey there and back, replying to E-Mails etc (my Windows Phone can't connect to our Exchange 2003 Sever) this now won't be possible.

Hmm.. we got like 8 Z10's here and none of them are experiencing that.
    This does give me hope that I've just been unlucky, which is good because I pray for BlackBerrys sake that everyone else has a good experience. I really want them to do well.
    02-01-13 04:09 PM
    Why don't you try to make sure you're connected to WiFi and then leave your phone for a while. It could be possible that it's syncing a lot of stuff so it's unresponsive. Maybe it can't properly sync over the air or something.
    02-01-13 04:09 PM
    Why don't you try to make sure you're connected to WiFi and then leave your phone for a while. It could be possible that it's syncing a lot of stuff so it's unresponsive. Maybe it can't properly sync over the air or something.
    It had been contented to WiFi all day at work and then again since I got home, but that was still before the wipe. Leaving it connected to WiFi now and will be all night. I'll see how it does tomorrow...
    02-01-13 04:54 PM
    ok, so my first advice is dont do a backup. it seems to me that restoring that backup will simply restore the issues too.

what id suggest is adding one account at a time, giving each account time to see if thats the one thats the culprit. thats probably the best way for you to see which account is creating the issues for you
    jesse_h and Zirak like this.
    02-01-13 07:07 PM
    Call blackberry tech support right away.

Can you take some pictures of the various screens you're talking about, that might help us help you.
    02-01-13 08:31 PM
    Probably a messed up device from the factory. You just need to return it and get a different one.
    02-01-13 09:20 PM
    Screenshare with Bla1ze for troubleshooting
    02-01-13 10:28 PM
    try to reinstall the O.S use the blackberry link. you can find it here. Put your z10 in OFF mode when it already recoqnized by BBLink. Otherwise, please contact the blackberry support. It seems that the OS is not loaded well in your Z10. I can share you the pre-launch autoloader. But the version si old enough .xx73, which I use to install the Alpha.

If you want to test this version, please let PM me.
    02-01-13 10:36 PM
    Just curious, what store did you buy this from?
    02-01-13 10:47 PM
    Screenshare with Bla1ze for troubleshooting
    But bb10 doesn't have any new features...

Lol
    Toodeurep likes this.
    02-01-13 11:48 PM
    Sounds like you messed something up while it was installing updates...I would take it back and get another one, or do a scurity wipe and start over and let it do everything before you go nuts.
    02-02-13 12:12 AM
    try to reinstall the O.S use the blackberry link. you can find it here. Put your z10 in OFF mode when it already recoqnized by BBLink. Otherwise, please contact the blackberry support. It seems that the OS is not loaded well in your Z10. I can share you the pre-launch autoloader. But the version si old enough .xx73, which I use to install the Alpha.

If you want to test this version, please let PM me.
    This didn't work

Just curious, what store did you buy this from?
    Carphone Wharehouse

Sounds like you messed something up while it was installing updates...I would take it back and get another one, or do a scurity wipe and start over and let it do everything before you go nuts.
    I have done multiple security wipes, my latest I only added one E-mail account and left it for 12 hours (connected to WiFi and Network) still crashed etc on me

I've just called the Carphone Wharehouse - BlackBerry don't deal with the warranty themselves - and the lady told me it will take between 14 and 28 days to resolve the issue???
    02-03-13 06:10 AM
    Are u apple or Android fanboy,,,,,seriously these issues doean't happen at all...
    02-04-13 02:41 AM
    Are u apple or Android fanboy,,,,,seriously these issues doean't happen at all...
    Sounds like you are an ignoramous. No phone is exempt from issues and nothing is perfect including your beloved BlackBerry, Blacksheep. The more people realize this, the better off you all will be.

To the OP, it certainly sounds like a lemon. That 14 day turnaround really sucks. Hopefully you can get a replacement sooner!
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-04-13 02:49 AM
    interestingly the setup of my Z10 was very painless - multiple email boxes (lot of Gmail) and various obscure settings. I do think Link is a step back from Desktop Manager, but, it does the job. There was a "missing DLL" error related to a Windows installer that had to be dealt with, but a quick Google fixed that.

did you find your Z10 got really hot when you were doing all the syncing? Like, just a smidge above "comfortable to hold" hot?
    02-04-13 03:25 AM
    I noticed the orientation switching is particularly oversensitive. If you're using the phone in portrait mode and tilt it at ever such a slight angle, it switches to landscape.
    02-04-13 08:17 AM
    This didn't work

Carphone Wharehouse

I have done multiple security wipes, my latest I only added one E-mail account and left it for 12 hours (connected to WiFi and Network) still crashed etc on me

I've just called the Carphone Wharehouse - BlackBerry don't deal with the warranty themselves - and the lady told me it will take between 14 and 28 days to resolve the issue???
    Pretty sure you can take this back to a carphone warehouse store and get it changed over as a faulty product. You should not have to send it away
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-04-13 08:30 AM
    Pretty sure you can take this back to a carphone warehouse store and get it changed over as a faulty product. You should not have to send it away
    Agreed - it's within the first month, generally most stores have that kind of policy
    02-04-13 08:42 AM
35 12