Yes, understood for the BBB100-1 PRD-63116-036, and the Priv STV100-1 (AT&T-branded variant).

But the jury is still out for me regarding the Passport. Why wouldn't AT&T simply add the SQW100-3 to its published list? And what of other Passport models?
    AT&T updated the list, it now says Jan 13th.. still no Passport (of any model).

But there is a Galaxy S5 which was powered with a SD801... so hardware wise the Passport should support VoLTE standards. But software????

AT&T just might not have enough Passports active on their network to bother adding it to a list. But in the end between AT&T and BlackBerry's own server shutdowns, and the age of the phone... don't see the point in worrying about what happens in 2022.
    01-19-21 08:56 AM
    The Passport does have more LTE bands that it supports. More than the 3 or 4 bands the earlier BB10s supported with each sub-model.

But then, the Classic also had more supported LTE bands as well.

It may not be that. BlackBerry added IMS support to BB10 as part of the OS update to 10.2. That was for VoLTE. I guess however AT&T decided to implement VoLTE, it wasn't compatible with what BlackBerry was using. But it supposedly works in other parts of the world?
    01-19-21 09:47 AM
    I can only tell you what we found and what we have been told, the list from them is interesting to say the least
    01-19-21 11:51 AM
    I called again, after I read your post. The story is the list is still fluid, as many phones will work with no issues. They are just going to post what they support NOW in 2020.
    01-19-21 11:53 AM
    I called again, after I read your post. The story is the list is still fluid, as many phones will work with no issues. They are just going to post what they support NOW in 2020.
    That's actually quite likely. Thing is, AT&T is doing VoLTE now as HD Voice.

If while on a call - just regular phone call to, say, a recent AT&T branded Samsung or iPhone, does the network status on the Passport stay with "LTE"? Or does it change to just plain "4G"? Or does it show anything different?

Just curious.
    01-19-21 12:29 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Classic at home. I keep it for emergencys if I need to put a SIM into it. When my Priv broke about 4 years back I used it until the KEYone came out. Since then I've mostly abandoned it.
    01-19-21 12:48 PM
    HD Voice is now going away. AT&T decided since Verizon is also HD they need to change it again. On Apples Phones its 5G even thought the older phones do not support 5G. The Passport had displayed 4G/LTE or LTE or you get the point.
    01-19-21 12:49 PM
    That's actually quite likely. Thing is, AT&T is doing VoLTE now as HD Voice.

If while on a call - just regular phone call to, say, a recent AT&T branded Samsung or iPhone, does the network status on the Passport stay with "LTE"? Or does it change to just plain "4G"? Or does it show anything different?

Just curious.
    AT&T poas a separate lis of phones that support their advanced sevices, HD Voice, wiFi calling, ect.

A device needs to have HD Voice to support AT&T VoLTE.
    01-19-21 05:34 PM
    I expect that number to be even lower by January 2022 if people don't remove BB Protect, wipe and set up without BBID.
    Could you, please, refer to the instructions on how to survive after Doomsday?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    01-20-21 03:50 AM
    Could you, please, refer to the instructions on how to survive after Doomsday?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    Simple remove BB Protect from phone.
    Wipe or better use an Autoloader to reset the phone to Factory.
    Go through the setup without using a BBID (skip that step - will get some nag screens, but ignore them)

But it means no using LINK to restore (or for anything), it means no BBW Apps.

But we aren't really sure what Doomsday will be or what will really happen if BlackBerry shutdown everything.
    01-20-21 08:52 AM
    Can anyone recommend a discussion here for a diehard BB10 user to get a new Android (recommended ones with privacy in mind) in 2021 and be able to try to recreate (hub apps?) BB10 look and feel? Or should I consider the BB 5g that is supposedly coming out this year? I use Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-21 05:45 PM
    Can anyone recommend a discussion here for a diehard BB10 user to get a new Android (recommended ones with privacy in mind) in 2021 and be able to try to recreate (hub apps?) BB10 look and feel? Or should I consider the BB 5g that is supposedly coming out this year? I use Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    Don't try to fit square pegs into round holes. When you move on, embrace the new platform, and stop fighting to recreate the past.

I'm a Pixel fan because of the quick updates and long-term support.

Look at the Pixel 4a 5G or the Pixel 5.

We don't really know anything at all about the alleged Onward Mobility devices. And we don't know how appropriate it will be for the average consumer, as it is being strictly designed for enterprise.
    01-29-21 07:07 AM
    Don't try to fit square pegs into round holes. When you move on, embrace the new platform, and stop fighting to recreate the past.

I'm a Pixel fan because of the quick updates and long-term support.

Look at the Pixel 4a 5G or the Pixel 5.

We don't really know anything at all about the alleged Onward Mobility devices. And we don't know how appropriate it will be for the average consumer, as it is being strictly designed for enterprise.
    And I doubt the OM device is going to have anything that looks or feels like BB10.... not even sure the keyboard is going to look like a BlackBerry.
    pdr733 likes this.
    01-29-21 07:32 AM
    Not really a PKB fan and want to be as little Google platform as possible, but stuck with something Android since I don't do Apple (but my kids do...sigh...😐). And I want to stay away from China manufacture... Have been loosely following Librem and Blackphone but not sure that is way to go either.
    01-31-21 02:27 PM
    Not really a PKB fan and want to be as little Google platform as possible, but stuck with something Android since I don't do Apple (but my kids do...sigh...). And I want to stay away from China manufacture... Have been loosely following Librem and Blackphone but not sure that is way to go either.
    Here is a device for under $200 with a decent camera, a huge battery, and 3 full years of support:

https://m.gsmarena.com/nokia_5_4-10624.php

You can also disable the Google apps, install Netguard for no tracking or ads, and install F-Droid instead of Play Store.

Alternatively, you could get a Xiaomi Mi A2 for around that price and install LineageOS on it (no Google, no tracking). LineageOS will likely provide several years of updates, as my old Nokia 6.1 is still getting them (based on Android 11 no less).

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a2_(mi_6x)-9140.php

If you like more impressive hardware, you can even install LineageOS on the Galaxy S9+, Zenfone 6, or OnePlus 7T Pro.

In my examples, the Xiaomi and OnePlus are Chinese, but the software is being completely replaced.
    Last edited by conite; 02-01-21 at 08:34 AM.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-31-21 02:39 PM
    Not really a PKB fan and want to be as little Google platform as possible, but stuck with something Android since I don't do Apple (but my kids do...sigh...������). And I want to stay away from China manufacture... Have been loosely following Librem and Blackphone but not sure that is way to go either.
    Going back to my BBOS days and some BB10 days, I disliked Apple/iOS since in the beginning it was the other fruit, if you will.

While Android is what BB10 hoped to be and we diehards wished, Android is what resulted the winner for most BB10 fans.

However, I find iOS gives me that everything BBOS proprietary OEM control that I enjoyed BlackBerry for back in those days. My phones are what I depend on for revenue. Apple/iOS, for me, is my BlackBerry as it used to be when one phone got 90% of it done except the laptop needed portion.

I also carry a Google/Android proprietary device, but it’s not boring, predictable and dependable just yet. I resisted Apple over Google far too long before I realized Apple had some of that BlackBerry character dependability I craved.
    01-31-21 02:46 PM
    Going back to my BBOS days and some BB10 days, I disliked Apple/iOS since in the beginning it was the other fruit, if you will.

While Android is what BB10 hoped to be and we diehards wished, Android is what resulted the winner for most BB10 fans.

However, I find iOS gives me that everything BBOS proprietary OEM control that I enjoyed BlackBerry for back in those days. My phones are what I depend on for revenue. Apple/iOS, for me, is my BlackBerry as it used to be when one phone got 90% of it done except the laptop needed portion.

I also carry a Google/Android proprietary device, but it’s not boring, predictable and dependable just yet. I resisted Apple over Google far too long before I realized Apple had some of that BlackBerry character dependability I craved.
    The garden may be walled but it's a damn nice garden to be in, as long as you can afford the admission. Secure and dependable.
    02-01-21 12:46 AM

Ahhh, the forbidden fruit is always the sweetest, I’m right there with you Chuck, (apart from the Android bit).
    02-01-21 05:06 AM
    The garden may be walled but it's a damn nice garden to be in, as long as you can afford the admission. Secure and dependable.
    But if your smart... you can get discounted admission.
    02-04-21 10:29 AM
    I've dug deeply through 10 years of worldwide data (provided by Statcounter), and calculated an exponential curve (with R² of 0.97) to the number of devices still in use.

As of Dec 2020, there were approximately 400k (BB10+BBOS) devices still active.

As of Dec 2021, there will be about 200k.

Of course, I would suspect that at least a third of these devices are hobby / Wifi-only phones.

This does NOT account for the upcoming disruptive cases of 3G being shutdown and of BlackBerry backend services being turned off at the end of this year.

A good case can be made that there will be less than 100k BB10 and BBOS devices left on Earth with SIM cards in them by Christmas.

Just thought folks might be interested.
    Just curious what the number is in Oct 2022........100?
    10-05-22 10:35 PM
    Just curious what the number is in Oct 2022........100?
    Too low to rise above background noise.
    10-05-22 11:04 PM
    Too low to rise above background noise.
    Wow....seriously?
    10-06-22 01:40 AM
    Wow....seriously?
    Were you expecting something different?
    10-06-22 01:43 AM
    Well, I guess I was expecting some number, but I don't know how the numbers are measured nor if there's a minimum.
    10-06-22 01:46 AM
    I'm still using my Classic, but I have been sent many letters by Verizon and they recently said that the start of my December billing cycle is when they will pull the plug on me.
    10-13-22 10:32 AM
92 1234