Awesome. However, I hope they are specifically sub identifying BB10 and BBOS within that, as opposed to grouping them in with "other OSs", for the purpose of the specific count.
    They are both lumped together.
    01-17-21 10:14 AM
    It's that time of year (rainy and cold, no snow yet) where we discuss moving to Southern California, or getting a place in Mexico for November through April.
    01-17-21 10:16 AM
    Actually we're having a warm bout. It's hovering just below freezing.

Great weather for snowballs and snowmen. Sorry, snowbeings.
    I was going to ask where the snow ‘people’ were lol.
    01-17-21 10:31 AM
    In Europe 3G will be active for a while so I'll keep my Passport till the end.

Posted via CB10
    Same here!
    01-17-21 11:56 AM
    They are both lumped together.
    Together separately, or also lumped in with "other OSs" (beyond Android and iOS)?
    01-17-21 04:05 PM
    Together separately, or also lumped in with "other OSs" (beyond Android and iOS)?
    "BlackBerry" = BB10 + BBOS
    01-17-21 05:00 PM
    "BlackBerry" = BB10 + BBOS
    Yes I know that.

In the data, was "BlackBerry" (= BB10+BBOS) not reported as it's own and instead lumped in with "other OSs" (other than Android and iOS)? Or, did the metrics specifically report data for "BlackBerry" (= BB10+BBOS)?
    01-17-21 05:07 PM
    Yes I know that.

In the data, was "BlackBerry" (= BB10+BBOS) not reported as it's own and instead lumped in with "other OSs" (other than Android and iOS)? Or, did the metrics specifically report data for "BlackBerry" (= BB10+BBOS)?
    It was reported on its own.
    01-17-21 05:09 PM
    It was reported on its own.
    Cool (and presumably, it did not include Playbook, or the analysis did not distinguish).
    01-17-21 05:11 PM
    Cool (and presumably, it did not include Playbook, or the analysis did not distinguish).
    Not that it would matter.

They only amounted to a couple of million sales, back in the days that BBOS users were in the 50+ million range.
    01-17-21 05:13 PM
    Not that it would matter....
    Agree it shouldn't amount to much.

Out of curiosity, what did the same dataset say about BlackBerry Android?
    01-17-21 06:37 PM
    Agree it shouldn't amount to much.

Out of curiosity, what did the same dataset say about BlackBerry Android?
    Now THAT would be lumped in with Android.
    01-17-21 07:21 PM
    I expect that number to be even lower by January 2022 if people don't remove BB Protect, wipe and set up without BBID.
    Maybe off topic, but I haven't been following that space recently. So the current theory is BBProtect and BBID need to be removed before Jan2022 in order to keep a BB10 device running afterwards?
    01-17-21 09:19 PM
    Maybe off topic, but I haven't been following that space recently. So the current theory is BBProtect and BBID need to be removed before Jan2022 in order to keep a BB10 device running afterwards?
    Yep, and the only way to remove a BBID from the phone is to wipe it.

I think that's really stupid, it should have been like Android where you can just remove a Google account by entering the password, no need to factory reset the device.
    01-17-21 09:38 PM
    I have 5 BB10 phones none of which have a sim card in but I still power up 3 on a regular basis just because I still like BB10 and like to see what I’m missing out on, (the hub mainly).
    Same-I still have 6. 2 Z10, 2 Z30, 1 Passport and 1 Cobalt Classic.
    01-17-21 11:27 PM
    According to AT&T the Blackberry passport can receive and send on the frequencies needed to work after 3 G is shut down. That deadline has been pushed out for the foreseeable future. This is because the big users of 3G Alarm/Data/signaling have not made the changeover and cannot be orphaned.
    Without 3G, BB10 phones will not be able to make/receive phone calls or send/receive SMS texts. It's true that DATA will continue to work on LTE, so you could use the device like a tablet, but it won't really be a phone anymore.
    01-18-21 01:57 AM
    Not at all sure what the future availability, or not, of 2/3/4/5G in UK, and with what provider, might mean for the utility of our BB10 devices as phones - probably a case of wait and see.
    But for clarity: is it the the case that when BB ID/Protect finally cease on DDMMYYYY, then it will be impossible to initiate a new or equivalently refreshed device? That if we have several stashed away in drawers, as many of us seem to have, then we should not only (a) refresh them but also (b) set them up, *without* BB ID and by implication without BB Protect or BBW. Because if we do not, then after DDMMYYYY even this reduced initiation step will be impossible?
    Is anything known about DDMMYYYY? The date 31122019 seems to have been a false alarm.
    Thanks for any affirmative response (or not)!
    01-18-21 02:45 AM
    Yes true, the Passport was the only OS 10 phone that they list as voice /data/text. When pressed with our corporate AT&T rep she told us as long as it has the ability to connect to the following:

Frequency bands in US for 2G, 3G, 4G Cellular technology

By NepaliTelecom Last updated Aug 27, 2019

US is one of the largest, advanced and saturated market for telecommunications. Even though the cellular technologies are of the same that is popular in the world, they operate in different frequency bands. So, smartphone vendors make a separate variant for US with the selected US frequency bands. People there and outside need to be aware for those different frequency bands. This post, we are posting the different frequency bands in US and the cellular technology used.

There are mainly five big Mobile Network Operators in US. Although there are GSM technology in US, they preferred CDMA for a long time, being their own home grown technology. Cellular operator like AT&T and T Mobile have network of GSM and its family (2G, 3G UMTS) whereas Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular have CDMA network and its family (CDMA 2G and EVDO 3G). US cellular, other smaller carriers and MVNOs have coverage and network for selected regions only. But they operate in the whole US due to domestic roaming with other carriers. GSM network in US works in, 850 MHz and 1900 MHz. GSM 900 also works for other small carriers but mainly of those two bands. UMTS network works with 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2.1 GHz frequency band. CDMA network (both 2G and 3G) works in 800 MHz and 1900 MHz frequency spectrum bands.

Operators have started reducing the frequency bands used for 2G, specially GSM to refarm for 4G LTE. AT&T already announced the shutdown of 2G and T-Mobile is reducing the frequency spectrum for GSM. Similarly, other operators are also thinking to shut down or reduce 3G frequency spectrum, if VoLTE grows in this pace.

4G LTE Frequency bands in US
    4G LTE frequency bands in US are mainly of 700 MHz and 2.5 GHz. US carriers operates both TD LTE and FD LTE in several bands, mainly those bands. Other bands are 850 MHz, 1700 / 2100 MHz AWS, 1900 MHz PCS. AT&T operates 4G LTE in 700 MHz Band 12/17, 850 MHz Band 5, 1700/ 2100 MHz AWS, Band 4. 1900 MHz Band 2 and 2300 MHz WCS, Band 30. Similarly, Sprint has 4G LTE in 800 MHz Band 26, 1900 MHz Band 25, 2.5 GHz Band 41. T-Mobile has LTE and LTE Advanced in 1900 MHz Band 2, 700 MHz Band 12, 1700/ 2100 MHz AWS Band 4. Verizon has 700 MHz Band 13, 1900 MHz Band 1 and Band 2, 1700/ 2100 MHz AWS, Band 4.

US carriers are also using CBRS (Citizen broadband Radio Service) in 3.5 GHz for shared wireless access and also in Unlicensed band LTE-U or LAA. For 5G, US is considering 3.1 to 3.5 GHz, 28 GHz and 38 GHz frequency bands. We will have a seperate post for it.

Here is the summary of all the frequency bands in US, used for 2G, 3G, 4G cellular technologies and carriers.

S.N Cellular Technology in US Frequency bands in US Cellular carriers (Providers) in US
    1 GSM 850 MHz, 1900 MHz AT&T( Closure), T-Mobile
    2 CDMA (2G, 3G) 800 MHz, 1900 MHz Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular
    3 WCDMA (3G) 850 MHz, 1900 MHz, 2100 MHz AT&T (850), T Mobile
    4 4G LTE 600 MHz (B71) T-Mobile
    700 MHz (B17, B12, B13) AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular (B12), Verizon (B13)
    850 MHz (B26, B5) Sprint, US Cellular (B5)
    1.7/ 2.1 GHz AWS (B4) AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    1.9 GHz (B2, B25) AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint (B25)
    2.3 GHz (B30) AT&T
    2.5 GHz ( B41) AT&T, Sprint
    01-18-21 08:27 AM
    Yes true, the Passport was the only OS 10 phone that they list as voice /data/text. When pressed with our corporate AT&T rep she told us as long as it has the ability to connect to the following:

Frequency bands in US for 2G, 3G, 4G Cellular technology

By NepaliTelecom Last updated Aug 27, 2019

US is one of the largest, advanced and saturated market for telecommunications. Even though the cellular technologies are of the same that is popular in the world, they operate in different frequency bands. So, smartphone vendors make a separate variant for US with the selected US frequency bands. People there and outside need to be aware for those different frequency bands. This post, we are posting the different frequency bands in US and the cellular technology used.

There are mainly five big Mobile Network Operators in US. Although there are GSM technology in US, they preferred CDMA for a long time, being their own home grown technology. Cellular operator like AT&T and T Mobile have network of GSM and its family (2G, 3G UMTS) whereas Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular have CDMA network and its family (CDMA 2G and EVDO 3G). US cellular, other smaller carriers and MVNOs have coverage and network for selected regions only. But they operate in the whole US due to domestic roaming with other carriers. GSM network in US works in, 850 MHz and 1900 MHz. GSM 900 also works for other small carriers but mainly of those two bands. UMTS network works with 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2.1 GHz frequency band. CDMA network (both 2G and 3G) works in 800 MHz and 1900 MHz frequency spectrum bands.

Operators have started reducing the frequency bands used for 2G, specially GSM to refarm for 4G LTE. AT&T already announced the shutdown of 2G and T-Mobile is reducing the frequency spectrum for GSM. Similarly, other operators are also thinking to shut down or reduce 3G frequency spectrum, if VoLTE grows in this pace.

4G LTE Frequency bands in US
    4G LTE frequency bands in US are mainly of 700 MHz and 2.5 GHz. US carriers operates both TD LTE and FD LTE in several bands, mainly those bands. Other bands are 850 MHz, 1700 / 2100 MHz AWS, 1900 MHz PCS. AT&T operates 4G LTE in 700 MHz Band 12/17, 850 MHz Band 5, 1700/ 2100 MHz AWS, Band 4. 1900 MHz Band 2 and 2300 MHz WCS, Band 30. Similarly, Sprint has 4G LTE in 800 MHz Band 26, 1900 MHz Band 25, 2.5 GHz Band 41. T-Mobile has LTE and LTE Advanced in 1900 MHz Band 2, 700 MHz Band 12, 1700/ 2100 MHz AWS Band 4. Verizon has 700 MHz Band 13, 1900 MHz Band 1 and Band 2, 1700/ 2100 MHz AWS, Band 4.
    Still haven't see the list on AT&T's site.... just the list you posted, which doesn't match.

Can you turn off 3G on your Passport and it works with VoLTE for incoming and outgoing calls and SMS/MMS? That would be the best test, but still no guarantee...

Need to see if someone can activate a new line with a Passport at this point.... if it's supported that would be a good sign.

As for corporate reps... they are a little above customer service reps when it comes to knowing what's really going on. I've known more about what Verizon's (three different ones over the years) was offering than ours on several occasions.
    01-18-21 08:47 AM
    The list above is about 5 months out of date. Yes 3G turned off and the phone does connect fine. It can take a minute for a call to connect (this is more network) than the phone. Our Rep is not a sales rep but a TECH support rep. We have two sales and TECH. Disclaimer: I'm retired reps and company belong to sons, I'm just the old geaser.
    01-18-21 09:49 AM
    The list above is about 5 months out of date. Yes 3G turned off and the phone does connect fine. It can take a minute for a call to connect (this is more network) than the phone. Our Rep is not a sales rep but a TECH support rep. We have two sales and TECH. Disclaimer: I'm retired reps and company belong to sons, I'm just the old geaser.
    How did you test this? I don't know of any way to turn off 3G and leave on 4G on a BB10 device.
    01-18-21 10:16 AM
    Took the phone into a location were we test other devices, here there is no signal but what we pipe in. The computer allowed full spectrum 4G both Verizon and AT&T. A call was made and connected to the computer. All signals were the same but a test loop. Also according to the AT&T tech rep the phone will work along with the STV-100 and KeyOne.
    01-18-21 03:41 PM
    Took the phone into a location were we test other devices, here there is no signal but what we pipe in. The computer allowed full spectrum 4G both Verizon and AT&T. A call was made and connected to the computer. All signals were the same but a test loop. Also according to the AT&T tech rep the phone will work along with the STV-100 and KeyOne.
    Yes, understood for the BBB100-1 PRD-63116-036, and the Priv STV100-1 (AT&T-branded variant).

But the jury is still out for me regarding the Passport. Why wouldn't AT&T simply add the SQW100-3 to its published list? And what of other Passport models?
    01-18-21 03:50 PM
    If the AT&T Passport were VoLTE compatible, so would the AT&T versions of the Z10, Q10 and Classic be VoLTE compatible. All the devices lack necessary Vo technology since circa 2012-2013 and the AT&T VoLTE protocols weren’t finalized. At that point, BlackBerry Limited hadn’t even successfully delivered an LTE data only device.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 01-19-21 at 06:11 AM.
    01-18-21 08:02 PM
    If the AT&T Passport were VoLTE compatible, so would the AT&T versions of the Z10, Q10 and Classic be VoLTE compatible. All the devices lack necessary Vo technology since circa 2012-2013 and the AT&T VoLTE protocols weren’t finalized. At that point, BlackBerry Limited hadn’t even successfully deliver and LTE data only device
    Agreed, AT&T has a list on their website of compatible phones after Jan. 2022. The current list is dated December 17th 2020. You can find the pdf in the Passport forum.3
    01-19-21 12:21 AM
92 1234