I was thinking that it would be amazing if BlackBerry could build a container on that homescreen to support android homescreen widgets.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 08:12 AM
    I would like that option too
    09-04-14 08:29 AM

seriously?
    09-04-14 08:33 AM

seriously?
    What's wrong with giving the option? What made me think of it is that in the Amazon app store there are tons of widget applications that aren't being blocked from download. They either need to find a way to block the widget apps in the Amazon app store or find a way to support them and I think that finding a way to support them is definitely the better of the two options.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 08:46 AM
    I'd I wanted my phone to look like Android, I'd buy an Android

Posted via CB10
    djdragon, its Steve and spikesolie like this.
    09-04-14 09:03 AM
    if BlackBerry keeps adding android crap, they may as well drop QNX and rewrite the OS altogether as an Android branch.

The fact that we have the Android runtime built-in is a serious, longterm misstep, imo. If BlackBerry succeeds in bringing new users and developers to the platform, BB11 should drop the android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    riyanast likes this.
    09-04-14 09:07 AM
    This is a good idea because at the moment the active frames are kind of limitless and it would be nice to see some work done to them

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 09:59 AM
    Great idea!!!

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    09-04-14 10:41 AM
    I'd I wanted my phone to look like Android, I'd buy an Android

Posted via CB10
    Options are always good. You can choose to use it or not.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    09-04-14 10:43 AM
    You know, everyones like dont make BB10 and andriod!!

But you ever get asked "what's the weather today". I bet every time, because the frame isn't open, or you forgot the folder its in, or you app is loading...........

By that time the android widget just kicked your *** "It's 17 dude, -- sweet thanks",

I get it no one wants BB10 to be android but if they don't want android then give me functionality al la native. I am missing so many core features I've partially given up on them ever coming. [RIP OS 7.1]

I wont list all the features is had that are now gone - I've ranted enough in other topics. And widgets have been an ask since 7.1 -- Where you had to get a wallpaper changing app to take your wallpaper, background edit it, add text, then set that as your background because widgets never came.

nuff said.
    09-04-14 10:51 AM
    Why does it have to be android anyway? In BBOS we had themes and apps that allowed to customize your screen and put whatever info you wanted. Be it weather, rs feeds, etc. BlackBerry could make native "widgets " or whatever. Options are good. Don't have to use if you don't want. Simple really.

Sent from my sexy white Z30
    09-04-14 11:13 AM
    Active Frames offer the same functionality as a widget. If we could pin active frames to a specific spot on the home screen, we'd be set.
    09-04-14 11:38 AM
    You guys are kinda missing the point and it's clear to me native widget support won't be coming, they would have to do so much work to create an API for that and build it into momentics and widgets are a consumer oriented feature more so than business, BlackBerry choosing to use the Amazon app store is a pretty definitive sign that native widgets aren't coming. My point was that since BlackBerry has decided to use the android app store, they need to either support or block the installation and purchase of android homescreen widget apps unless they want a bunch of people complaining that they bought an app that doesn't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 11:45 AM
    oh, in that case BlackBerry should block those peasant-widgets.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 12:25 PM