Yesterday I was at home and a friend of mine came home to show me his brand new BlackBerry Passport. My first impression was that it was too big for my liking, but at the same time I was feeling excited and proud about holding that phone in my hands.. it wasn't because it's big or because it's my favourite brand BlackBerry but because this phone is so different, so unique and it's so rare to have. imagine how cool it was to hold this possibly only BlackBerry Passport on the island.. and then I began to play with it, first thing that got my attention was the beautiful screen! Not because it's big but because it had this beautiful bright colourful display! Just like my former galaxy s5. That's where cupid began to stretch his bow to shoot. While I was enjoying the beauty of the screen I was playing around with the OS itself. The speed was something else! Unbelievable! Myself was on a 10.3.1 Q10. 1154, so I popped it out of my pocket and start comparing and the big heavy square phone was like "the flash" running against a turtle and I know for sure that it wasn't because the Passport was big and for the first time I REALLY feel like BlackBerry 10 is a competitive phone. beast of a phone and it just needs the under the hood works.. what I'm saying is, for the past years I've been believing that BlackBerry 10 phones doesn't need best hardware, but it DOES! Maybe not too much like Samsungs's Galaxy.. but Better than for example only 1.5ghz pro...*etc. Just like the passport I want BlackBerry future phones to work like that. With the Passport hardware all the little glitches, stutters, hub taking long to open a notifications. All the little things were gone! Beautiful Screen, Longlasting battery life, Speed of light, Smoothness . That's all a man can ask for right? So as I was about to fall in love with the passport, I saw how big it was, how heavy it is and how playing games, watching videos and one hand use is almost impossible I realised that this phone is not for me.. and now what only is left is to dream and hope that a 5' BlackBerry 10 with the right great specs come out!!

I just wanted to share with the BlackBerry community my experience, please give me your thoughts.
    P.s excuse my English.

#TeamBlackBerry
    12-23-14 11:09 AM
    Your English is very good, except you could capitalize the first word in each sentence.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    00_Agent likes this.
    12-23-14 11:13 AM
    Your English is very good, except you could capitalize the first word in each sentence.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    That is the funniest response I've seen, and 100% accurate at the same time. Thanks for your point of view OP. I'm looking at picking up a passport too.

Posted via CB10
    00_Agent likes this.
    12-23-14 11:41 AM
    That is one of the best reviews that I have read, and written very well. Better than most people's who poorly write how great and accurate the BB keyboard is. ☺

Celebrate diversity in phone choices, not homogeneity.
    00_Agent likes this.
    12-23-14 11:47 AM
    The passport size is a blessing for me. I guess it isn't for everybody.
    12-23-14 12:09 PM
    Good review OP, it's the 50/50 choice of either you like it or you don't haha.

As a student I can't justify the price of an unlocked passport (never entering a contract again), but once the price falls I really want to buy the device. I've tested it in a Telus store and I really like it! (unless Blackberry unveils something better, then it'll be a tough decision!)
    00_Agent likes this.
    12-23-14 12:39 PM
    The specs of the Passport is very good. Now give me 10.3.1 so I could fly with key shortcuts, recurrent Remember tasks, better camera software, and more...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    00_Agent and Barbareren like this.
    12-23-14 01:12 PM
    I think this an area where BlackBerry needs to improve. Aside from the passport, BlackBerry has never been best in class with performance.

I think this mainly because they can't get volume discounts on the internals. Paying extra cuts into profits in a big way.

Hopefully however, the partnership with their new manufacturer will allow them access to cheaper but faster internals.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:44 PM
    Great little review, I bet you miss it and will end up getting one. Lol

Posted via CB10
    00_Agent likes this.
    12-23-14 05:51 PM
    Enjoyed the read. I was in a tossup between Z30 and Passport. I didn't like buttons, but could even notice the smoothness of a Z30 over a Z10. Anyway chose the Passport with specs playing a part in it and am now an all touch convert

Posted via CB10
    00_Agent likes this.
    12-24-14 10:35 AM