Hi everyone...disclaimer before I get into my post...

I have moved on to BlackBerry Android, I own a Dtek50 and I love it. With that said, here I go.

With all the buzz that QNX is receiving re: QNX for autos, the Ford Deal to expand to other parts of the connected car, etc. I've been wondering something that might be part of the bigger picture...

If QNX gains traction in the connected car, and if QNX starts to become a tier 1 supplier of software, couldn't developers start to develop apps for the platform for use in the car?

If that happens, couldn't it spark a new relationship with developers who once turned away from QNX and BlackBerry 10?

If new developers come around (not saying all at once, or even anytime soon, but over time) could BlackBerry resurrect BB10 because of the connected car and BB10 ecosystem and being compatible with eachother?

I know this topic is being beaten to death and tortured and I'm not saying this will happen, but is there a possibility this is why BlackBerry keeps insinuating it's going to continue support for BB10?

All this was brainstormed when I read an article about Tesla's latest hacked cars and how it presents an opportunity for BlackBerry to make more deals like they did with Ford.
    12-01-16 11:14 AM
    They could...

1) But BB10 isn't really QNX, it's something more.
    2) Most companies use a layer over QNX... while QNX might be in most cars, they'll be running something else over it for the UI. Probable an Android or iOS compatible interface that leaves most the apps on the users device.
    Vistaus likes this.
    12-01-16 11:33 AM