I've been having problems with email notifications since BB10 came to the USA. I've tried almost every leak, and have now upgraded from a Z10 to a Passport with no change in behavior. Maybe someone here has a fix.

I have 2 email accounts; Outlook.com and an Office 365 account (used to be a locally hosted Exchange server). I do not have a Workspace partition. I have nested folders in my accounts.

Some email notifications come in without a hitch. Led, sound, vibrate and instant previews all fire. Then, out of the blue I'll notice I have as many as 5 emails in the hub that I was never notified for.

I initially thought I was crazy, so I jacked up my notification volume. No dice. So I downloaded Hub++ and set all notifications there. I disabled all email notifications except instant previews. Now I can clearly see it is a real problem. Sometimes my phone dings and the preview pops up. Other times the preview is mysteriously absent.

So the native notifications fail to fire for only my email accounts and I don't know why. Does anyone else have this issue or have a solution?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zehkaiser; 03-17-15 at 12:34 PM.
    playfoot likes this.
    03-17-15 11:51 AM
    When I first got my Passport, I noticed this. But I haven't noticed it in a while. I'm on 10.3.1 now, and I have 4 email accounts. I don't use HUB++, but BeBuzz Pro. I can't say I always notice the sound, but I do always see the relevant LED.
    03-17-15 01:47 PM
    When I first got my Passport, I noticed this. But I haven't noticed it in a while. I'm on 10.3.1 now, and I have 4 email accounts. I don't use HUB++, but BeBuzz Pro. I can't say I always notice the sound, but I do always see the relevant LED.
    Are you using nested folders?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 01:53 PM
    Now I realize it, when I switched jobs, no longer needed nested folders. Maybe I'm not as much of a help to you as I hoped I could be. Sorry, yeah, not using nested folders anymore.
    03-17-15 02:03 PM
    I'll remove my nested folders and see if that helps. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 02:08 PM
    My pleasure. Please post your findings here, if you don't mind. If I need to use nested folders again in the future, it'll be good to know. I suppose, it'll be good for others, too, if they Google the issue and need answers from this forum
    03-17-15 02:12 PM
    Notification most of the time comes only when I open up the particular app for example facebook app notification doesn't comes. Or facebook messages appear only when I open it.. BlackBerry is known for fast emails. Very late email notifications even whatsapp when opened it is blank for few seconds

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 02:21 PM
    You can set the Facebook notifications. I have chosen to receive them only when I open FB, not pushed to me all the time.
    03-17-15 02:29 PM
    Removing a the nested folders has not resolved the issue. I have missed 4 emails since my last post. I guess I will need to depend on a third party for my email notifications.

To be clear, the email comes to my phone in a timely fashion, but I do not receive a notification.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 03:37 PM
    That's really odd. One question, since you said you had the same issue on your Z10. When you got the Passport, did you transfer information over or set it up manually new?
    03-17-15 07:53 PM
    I set up my phone manually each time.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 07:55 PM
    I imagine both are set to push. If not, I can see times where it would sync and only notify you of one email rather than all that came to your phone at the same time.

Aside from that I'm as puzzled as you, but likely not as frustrated.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 08:04 PM
    I imagine both are set to push. If not, I can see times where it would sync and only notify you of one email rather than all that came to your phone at the same time.

Aside from that I'm as puzzled as you, but likely not as frustrated.

Posted via CB10
    They are both push accounts. I can't figure it out.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 08:05 PM
    One of my colleagues uses office365 (I don't) on his Z30 and I'll see if there's something he can suggest. It may have nothing to do with who the email provider is, but it might. If I discover anything which may help you I'll post here.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 08:11 PM