I wish that when the the device goes into lockscreen, basically it's blanked out and you have to swipe up, that it would "light up" and show you the lockscreen notification without having to swipe up to unlock. It would display the lockscreen that has the date and time and all the notifications for an easy glance. Then you could tap on the notifications and see the details. Or then swipe up to unlock the device.

I know we get the flashing red light but doing this would save this extra step don't you think? You can have the phone sitting on your desk or in a cradle in the car and it would show you for a quick glance. I like the lockscreen notifications but you rarely see this screen. Perhaps this would have an impact on battery but give us that option if we want and pick the amount of time to have it display before blanking out again.

Another thing I've noticed with BBM is the flipping from "D" delivered, to "R" read by the person. On previous OS7 devices you had to go into BBM to see the chat. Once you opened the chat it would flip to "R". On bb10 you can read a message but it will stay displaying "D" until you action on it. Try this by being in a chat with someone and keeping that chat Window open and get a message, you will note you can read the message and it will not flip to the "R" untill you swipe slightly to the right or reply which triggers that action. Maybe this is because BBM is available in both the HUB and separate BBM app? So this means the "R" is not truly reflecting when someone reads your message.

Just a couple of things I have noticed that I would love to see in the final OS 10.2 release.

Thanks and thoughts

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 10:43 AM
    Did you mean like this??
    Notifications and BBM-img_20131345.png

Posted via CB10
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    10-13-13 10:46 AM
    Yes but that won't come on unless you trigger by half swiping up . Would like that to come on when the device reaches the lockscreen timeout you have chosen. This way I can set a lower timeout like 30 seconds and when a new thing came in this lockscreen would wake up the device. From there I could easily tap on those notifications like you have shown and proceed to swipe up and unlock the device to reply or do something else. By setting a lower timeout you could actually improve battery life. I find I place a longer lockscreen timeout like 5 minutes so the phone stays "alive " so to speak.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 11:05 AM
    Or you can press the power button

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 11:08 AM
    Yes I know I can hit the button, I'm saying I would prefer it came on and lit the display without my intervention. Useful for reminders like calendar entries, appointments.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 11:19 AM