Where have the settings for the notifications gone? I have customized notifications for my two email accounts, for BBM, for SMS. All these sounds I configured in OS 10.2.1 and they still do work but I can't change them anymore. Any hints?
    02-23-15 01:16 PM
    I am also searching...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 01:23 PM
    Select a profile first, then you will find custom app notifications. They can be different for each profile.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-23-15 01:26 PM
    Settings/ notifications/normal/ customize app notifications
    sirk25 likes this.
    02-23-15 01:26 PM
    Go to Settings and tap the profile you want to change. It's there, just in a different place.

Heh... I wish BlackBerry support was like this - 3 answers in 1 minute.
    02-23-15 01:27 PM
    Go to Settings and tap the profile you want to change. It's there, just in a different place.

Heh... I wish BlackBerry support was like this - 3 answers in 1 minute.
    I like the easy ones!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-23-15 01:37 PM
    I can't find this! I can only change contact notifications, not app notifications, regardless of the profile I select.
    02-23-15 02:07 PM
    I can't find this! I can only change contact notifications, not app notifications, regardless of the profile I select.
    Select it under "profiles", not the pull down "active profile".

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-23-15 02:09 PM
    Bah, this is idiotic: two profile selections one one page! There's a combo box above, then comes the ringtone and then comes a list of the profiles YOU CAN TAP ON! Who should guess this? I changed and changed the damned combo box!

Thanks to all.
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-23-15 02:17 PM
    Bah, this is idiotic: two profile selections one one page! There's a combo box above, then comes the ringtone and then comes a list of the profiles YOU CAN TAP ON! Who should guess this? I changed and changed the damned combo box!

Thanks to all.
    What he^^ said, excluding the " two profile selections one one page! There's a combo box above, then comes the ringtone and then comes a list of the profiles YOU CAN TAP ON! Who should guess this? I changed and changed the damned combo box!" part!

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    02-23-15 02:23 PM

Thanks to all.
    Just depends what you're used to. I've been on 10.3.1 for so long, it looks weird the old way to me.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-23-15 02:24 PM
    i dont get it, where are you seeing this?
    02-23-15 02:26 PM
    i dont get it, where are you seeing this?
    LOL... the new setup is definitely not user friendly. I remember some clicking around too in order to figure it out. Have no idea why BlackBerry decided to do it this way.
    02-23-15 02:37 PM
    LOL... the new setup is definitely not user friendly. I remember some clicking around too in order to figure it out. Have no idea why BlackBerry decided to do it this way.
    This is the point. Last time I said elsewhere, the dark input line in the Assistent is probably the only one in the whole system. No, it's not, they're all dark now. Why??? You don't notice them anymore as what they are. But GUI controls you don't recognise you can't control anymore.

I suggest to make everything just black, black on black, and then still a bit blacker.

And I really can't follow these zillions of guys praising the new, fresh and clear look. No, it's not clear at all! If you ever developped a GUI application and if you ever watched your users use it you see this at a glance. It just negates decades of GUI development.
    02-24-15 12:46 AM
    And I really can't follow these zillions of guys praising the new, fresh and clear look.
    I'm not one of them. Reason #1 to stay on 10.2 is the "new" 10.3 UI, an inconsistent mix of Android skin with iOS buttons.
    02-24-15 05:23 AM
    I also had a hard time finding it, thanls for the info.
    02-24-15 05:52 AM
    Yes, it is too difficult. BB should stick to the way it is done in 10.2 and reduce the options available.
    02-24-15 06:13 AM
    To the OP? Descriptive topic titles are better: this one should be "Please help me find how to change notification settings in 10.3.1".

Since the title is so generic, my niece was having the same problem, not only finding things, but her notifications behaviour actually changed with the upgrade and she had to change them to be what she wanted. Sounds like it would be a good idea to reset your notifications to defaults and reestablish the exceptions.

Wouldn't a full-featured Notifications profile editor in Blend be great?
    02-24-15 10:46 AM
    Wouldn't a full-featured Notifications profile editor in Blend be great?
    Of course not, because I can't use Blend because RIM discriminates conscious Linux users consequently.

It would be great if the settings pages would distinguish between selecting a profile and profile independent settings AND managing profiles and defining the properties of a profile. These are two completely different tasks. They should make an entire new settings page called "Profiles" and separate it from "Notifications". Is this indeed so difficult?

The second question I have to ask seriously is - are the app notifications now indeed profile specific? (Yes they are, my question is only rhetoric.) Why aren't the contact notifications and the main ringtone profile specific? Will anyone configure this now in all these profiles? Why??? This can only be a joke, probably Apple developers hacked this code (I fear they didn't ...) What will we get in the future? Profile dependent weather forecast? Profile dependent address books? Profile dependent calculator results? (Damned, I didn't want to give them ideas .........)
    02-24-15 11:13 AM