Anyone else think that Smartphone are now becoming to treat their users as dumb?! I don't mean ridiculously like iOS does from it's core underpinnings being Apple dictates what you want vs listening to it's customers ... I mean things as simple Notifications.

Maybe it's cause I'm old-school in how a PC or a smartphone should work in terms of core PIM functionality, or maybe because BlackBerry software engineers from the BBOS days, and the new kids of BB10 got back to their roots - or spanked from the BBOS team.

Case in point.

Samsung's Note 4 Edge
    See the picture of the screen attached. Somehow, Samsung Engineers think that those without visual impairment NEED to be visually notified that THEY themselves (the user), should/must be notified that they've (user) removed the Stylii.

Notification Spam - Samsung Note 4 Edge-samsung-note-4-edge.png

Think about that for a moment ... you Physically remove something from the phone that has been built to interact with it and needs to be forcefully removed - which shouldn't drop out on it's own so easily (not a feature lol) on a fourth generation smartphone ... and yet YOU need to be informed that you ACTUALLY removed it, removed it yourself. With your fingers on your hand. Holding the smartphone in your other hand or it lying flat on a table. Like you're going to forget somehow, someway, for some reason that YOU removed the stylii.

Really!??!
    Notification Spam - Samsung Note 4 Edge-asset.jpg
    ^ is all I keep thinking about.

I'm curious ... how many annoying and needless notifications do you see in BB10, if Any?
    Last edited by Supa_Fly1; 11-17-14 at 06:50 PM. Reason: more thoughts.
    11-17-14 06:45 PM
    Most likely it's just to show off and familiarize users with the edge feature. Like most of Samsung's glitzy features, they are meant to give a few 'Oooh' and 'Aah's when you first get the device. In the hustle and bustle of real-life device usage, they often get turned off or never really used.

That being said, the edge idea looks kinda cool. Although... not really that much different in terms of utility than just displaying a vertical bar along the edge of a normal screen, but sure... they spent money developing their flexible screen, so they get to use it if they want.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    11-17-14 07:04 PM
    I can see it being useful for people who forget things on their desk. Remove S-Pen and do whatever, get a phone call you so you lay S-Pen on your desk. Phone call finishes and you get up to go and then notice the Edge saying S-pen is detached.
    11-17-14 07:14 PM