Hello,
    I’ve installed Android Whatsapp on my BBQ5 with WAAFixer and it seems to be working fine. Only great issue is notifications: if the app is closed, new messages arrive with big delay (even 20-40 minutes since they’ve been sent). Is that normal? Any solution in case?

Thanks.
    12-29-17 04:44 AM
    Buy an Android phone....

No it isn't normal.... you could try uninstalling and reinstalling. Next I'd reload the OS and then try again.
    12-29-17 07:39 AM
    Notifications were essentially instant for me, are you running a lot of Android apps on your phone?

Also, why not use WhatsFixer instead? You just need to run the app once for a more permanent fix to the media sending issue,

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/60005088/
    12-29-17 10:12 AM
    Hello,
    I’ve installed Android Whatsapp on my BBQ5 with WAAFixer and it seems to be working fine. Only great issue is notifications: if the app is closed, new messages arrive with big delay (even 20-40 minutes since they’ve been sent). Is that normal? Any solution in case?

Thanks.
    Not normal, and I've been experiencing this on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-17 02:05 PM
    No, just a couple of Android app, comprising Skype that works great and has very fast notifications. Also, I've tested the whole thing some months ago and worked fine, also with notifications timing. The issue started when Ikv e reinstalle all some days ago. I've tried to download WhatsFixer from BBappWorld but keep saying it's not available for my phone (Q5). Can eventually someone post the direct download? Thanks again for all the reply.
    12-29-17 02:18 PM
    My wife Xiaomi has the delay as well. A real Android. It comes and goes.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-17 02:28 PM
    I've tried to download WhatsFixer from BBappWorld but keep saying it's not available for my phone (Q5).
    Weird, hopefully @RodgerLeblanc (the developer) can comment on this.

Does the notification delay always happen? If so, try closing all non WhatsApp Android apps through device monitor and see if that helps?
    12-29-17 04:10 PM
    Yes, the delay is constant. I can’t stop the Android Whatsapp app from the Device Monitor, it doesn’t allow me to do anything for that app. The only solution I’ve found till now is to minimize the app as a window in the home screen, this way the app is practically open (even if not “on-line” in terms of chat); this way notifications wok perfectly.
    12-29-17 04:28 PM
    Yes, the delay is constant. I can’t stop the Android Whatsapp app from the Device Monitor, it doesn’t allow me to do anything for that app. The only solution I’ve found till now is to minimize the app as a window in the home screen, this way the app is practically open (even if not “on-line” in terms of chat); this way notifications wok perfectly.
    I meant apps other than WhatsApp, if you open device monitor, go to the CPU tab, and tap an app there should be a close button at the bottom.
    12-29-17 04:33 PM
    WhatsFixer is available for every BlackBerry 10 device, I can't remember the minimum OS I've build the app for, probably 10.3.0 and up.

If you're not able to access it through BlackBerry World, send me an email to [email protected] and I'll send you the bar file, but you'll need to know how to sideload as I don't have time to give instructions on that.

WhatsFixer won't fix your notification lag issue though, I have no idea what can cause it. To force stop an Android app, one can download any free Android Launcher app (I use Apex Launcher), open Android Settings app from that Launcher app, go to Apps section, find WhatsApp and click on force close button. Again, I have no idea if this can help with your notification lag issue.

Posted via CB10
    Invictus0 likes this.
    12-29-17 04:49 PM
    What OS version are you on OP (Settings -> About -> OS)?
    12-29-17 04:52 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. I’m on OS 10.2.1.3062: I’ve never updated to 10.3 due to memory issue on my Q5 and anyway always be fine with 10.2. Also, as previously said, tried this also months ago (same OS version) and notifications worked fine. Anyway I’m noticing that the delay is getting variable now (sometimes longer, sometimes shorter) when I close the app.
    By the way:
    “Buy an Android phone....”
    Yes, I’ve used for months an Android device but it’s impossible to me to work with such an OS. It’s simply not possible to me. The phone was good but the Android system just did it a toy. Don’t know if BB device running Android work better, but I simply would like to discover it as later as possible cause I need to work with my phone. And I need a BB10 OS as long as I can. Sorry, obviously this is IMHO.
    12-29-17 05:10 PM
    Sometimes it happens to me too... and I use the native BlackBerry10 app!!!

I have always believed that it was caused by problems of congestion of whatsapp's servers considering that these problems were presented in a non-continuous way ...

Posted via CB10
    12-29-17 05:29 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. I’m on OS 10.2.1.3062: I’ve never updated to 10.3 due to memory issue on my Q5 and anyway always be fine with 10.2. Also, as previously said, tried this also months ago (same OS version) and notifications worked fine. Anyway I’m noticing that the delay is getting variable now (sometimes longer, sometimes shorter) when I close the app.
    By the way:
    Yes, I’ve used for months an Android device but it’s impossible to me to work with such an OS. It’s simply not possible to me. The phone was good but the Android system just did it a toy. Don’t know if BB device running Android work better, but I simply would like to discover it as later as possible cause I need to work with my phone. And I need a BB10 OS as long as I can. Sorry, obviously this is IMHO.
    The Android may be a toy in your mind, but if you rely on WhatsApp, better practice how to play.... With your toy... WhatsApp developer warned the Android version can and will break since not supported....
    12-29-17 05:34 PM
    Yes I’m perfectly aware the Android app could not work properly (or at all). Thanks. I’m just trying to make it work the better I can, otherwise I will give up Whatsapp and use BB10 for the last two years of support. I’ve just expressed an opinion based on my experience. That's all. And it was not a toy “in my mind” but actually in my hands considering how difficult it did my working days. Thanks anyway for all the replies.
    12-29-17 05:44 PM
    By the way:
    In that case I think all I can really recommend is to close all other Android apps through device monitor and see if that helps. If you have a lot of apps running it's possible the OS is closing random ones to free up memory.

and will break since not supported....
    That's not what he said, future updates can unintentionally break compatibility with the runtime but they aren't doing it on purpose.

I'm trying to link to the CrackBerry thread with his statement but it keeps marking my post as spam.
    12-29-17 07:14 PM
    My Native BB10 WhatsApp app stopped giving notifications reliably post 10.3.2 in 2015, despite being kept open. The word reliable is Key. Notifications would come in sometime & sometimes not.

Therefore it's too much to accept an Android apk to work reliably in a BB10 phone
    Last edited by valer466; 12-30-17 at 01:38 AM.
    12-30-17 01:23 AM