10.3.3 fixes WiFi calling for those of us on T-Mobile USA. A huge welcome feature!
    Add this to the found changes thread.
    12-02-16 08:44 AM
    For an unprofitable money pit platform that they've all but EOL'd????
    They are still selling BB10 units.

They have some obligations to a few government customers, and they have an obligation to BB10 users in general to at least patch major security holes.

By doing the least possible to maintain the OS (reducing development costs), and by reusing old parts, they could conceivably recoup some of their losses by continuing to sell BB10 'as is'.
    12-02-16 08:54 AM
    Not happy at all....

Posted via CB10
    You must more a lil bit creative with to be happy
    12-02-16 08:57 AM
    Until now. Since it wasn't certified earlier.
    What organization is considering BB10 devices in the near future? It's a dead platform.
    12-02-16 09:01 AM
    How is the hypervisor? How many different OSes can you run at once? is WebOS supported?
    12-02-16 09:03 AM
    Not happy at all....

Posted via CB10
    Um, that's been said, clarified, repeated, many many many many many many many many times here in CB, to not expect any big changes... Yet, we still get this...

There are some minor changes, the browser has been updated a bit, I've noticed it being quite a bit faster and they added/changed some of the keyboard shortcuts.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-02-16 09:06 AM
    Nothing new 10.3.3-1480691418615.jpg
    12-02-16 09:10 AM
    Pig Latin with Dark Hub Hypervisor Wi-Fi Calling on Bell Atlantic Support? Anyone?
    12-02-16 11:02 AM

They have some obligations to a few government customers, and they have an obligation to BB10 users in general to at least patch major security holes.

By doing the least possible to maintain the OS (reducing development costs), and by reusing old parts, they could conceivably recoup some of their losses by continuing to sell BB10 'as is'.
    What obligations? Anything like the obligation to bring BB10 to PlayBook users?

There is ZERO obligation to provide even minor security patches. What you see is what you get, might want to read the fine print. Heck they don't even "have" to release a 10.3.4.... (Dec2016 was when it was suppose to be released anyway)

What is cheaper is the parts that are "currently" built in MASS and that isn't the stuff that BB10 runs on. You see anyone trying to build even cheap phones with an 8960 or an 801? No, because they are old outdated designs that aren't being manufactured anymore. But just look at how long it has taken to sell off the old inventory they have, and you think they should make more and keep selling it?

You have noticed the 100's of millions that have been written off over the last year? Some probable due to the PRIV miscalculation, but the majority is in the value of BB10 devices that have been just sitting on shelves. Those markdowns are what allow them to sell devices so cheaply now.... not that they are cheaper to make.
    12-02-16 01:50 PM
    When I tap on my lock screen to see a preview of the msg it no longer shows

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 02:02 PM
    they could at least update android runtime!
    12-02-16 02:42 PM
    they could at least update android runtime!
    They pretty much told us and their developers that they would not last year when they sent out that letter to BB10 developers.
    12-02-16 02:57 PM
    There is ZERO obligation to provide even minor security patches.

It's a strange world you live in if you think a company doesn't have an obligation to fix vulnerabilities in a product that it officially stills supports and sells.
    12-02-16 03:12 PM
    It's a strange world you live in if you think a company doesn't have an obligation to fix vulnerabilities in a product that it officially stills supports and sells.

Reality....

When did the 9900 series disappear from Carriers - Verizon had the 9930 (no camera) up until just after the Classic came so 2015. But I think the last update that Verizon sent out was back in 2013, and officially OS7 went end of life in July 2014 well before they removed all hardware from store shelves.

Is it right... no, but rights got nothing to do with what most business do.
    12-02-16 03:30 PM

Since when are future updates an obligation? Products are sold "as-is" with a warranty against material defects or workmanship. These same products are sold and warranted to function as they do at the time of manufacture, not at any point in the future. I'm going to call Cadillac and tell them I want my CTS updated to the new 2.0 engine because they have an obligation to provide me with updates as my car gets older and better equipment becomes available. Don't get me started with the new Nav system they're putting in either.
    Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?
    12-02-16 05:28 PM
    Android runtime has been updated too....

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 05:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    How so?
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    12-02-16 05:38 PM
    Since when are future updates an obligation? Products are sold "as-is" with a warranty against material defects or workmanship. These same products are sold and warranted to function as they do at the time of manufacture, not at any point in the future. I'm going to call Cadillac and tell them I want my CTS updated to the new 2.0 engine because they have an obligation to provide me with updates as my car gets older and better equipment becomes available. Don't get me started with the new Nav system they're putting in either.
    Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?
    Maybe that's how it is in the mobile OS world.

I don't know of any Linux distro or version of Windows where they would continue providing an in-support version while refusing to fix security vulnerabilities.

Maybe the mobile OS world really is as sh!tty as you say; if so, that will be because it is consumer-oriented.
    12-02-16 05:42 PM
    Maybe the mobile OS world really is as sh!tty as you say; if so, that will be because it is consumer-oriented.
    I never said it was sh!tty. That's just business in general, the end game is to sell new products or services. Companies that extend support for their software or products are generally more desirable, but they're not obligated to do so in any way, shape or form.
    12-02-16 06:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Updated to what?
    12-02-16 07:33 PM
    Updated to 7.0 beautiful!!! So can't wait to install 10.3.3. I've been reading the forums for past two years I knew it was coming. Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 08:29 PM
    I never said it was sh!tty. That's just business in general, the end game is to sell new products or services. Companies that extend support for their software or products are generally more desirable, but they're not obligated to do so in any way, shape or form.
    This vision of a company that can sell to and then dump support for customers at will is sh!tty.

You make commitments to customers if you want them to make commitments to using your products.

If that's how BlackBerry goes about doing business, it won't BE in business for very long.
    krazyatom likes this.
    12-02-16 08:37 PM
    If that's how BlackBerry goes about doing business, it won't BE in business for very long.
    They've already announced their official departure (by early next year) of the smartphone business. They've given up on those customers already - and the people interested in their enterprise-based offerings aren't going to be worried that they abandoned their smartphones years after it was clear that they failed in the market, just because they kept selling the last of their 2-year-old inventory.
    12-02-16 09:33 PM
    How so?
    It's Gingerbread now.
    12-02-16 09:51 PM

It doesn't - go and look at the warranty information - every single phone (from every company) is sold 'as is' - same as every other product - it's just a few making a marketing and value added play by promising support.
    fatclue_98 and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    12-03-16 04:01 AM
89 1234