Does anyone know if BB10 will send a notification about birthdates and anniversary dates entered in a contact's profile in the phonebook?

I would find this an emmensely useful feature and I can't understand why something like this has not been implemented in previous OS iterations. I know we can just add a repeating alarm but that requires using a separate app. It's a workable solution, just not the most efficient. I mean if you're going to put fields for that in the profiles it shouldn't be much of a stretch to add an option to send a notification when the date arrives.
    01-21-13 06:08 PM
    Does anyone know if BB10 will send a notification about birthdates and anniversary dates entered in a contact's profile in the phonebook?

I would find this an emmensely useful feature and I can't understand why something like this has not been implemented in previous OS iterations. I know we can just add a repeating alarm but that requires using a separate app. It's a workable solution, just not the most efficient. I mean if you're going to put fields for that in the profiles it shouldn't be much of a stretch to add an option to send a notification when the date arrives.
    I bet they will have it. Its just at this time the hub is disabled in the Dev Alphas, so I can't even test it.
    01-21-13 10:09 PM
    I think this was talked about in one of the 15 or so demos from Jeff or Vivek.
    01-22-13 02:21 AM
    Pure speculation, but given that notes is deeply integrated, reminders for birthdays etc should be baked in.
    01-22-13 02:35 AM