the bar minimizes on the cb app or any native app for that matter.. when i had my z10 i kept hitting the back button instead of the numeric symbol key when typing on the keyboard, that was annoying as F.. with the q10 on instagram i cant even fully view a picture because of this stupid *** bar

BB keep dumbing everything down :thumbup:
    Where minimize the bar? I am not find an option in CB10 app. On Z10, stl-1, 10.2.0.1047.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 11:11 PM
    The old method was so much better than the ever present bar! In some games the bar blocks out the game buttons and can get very frustrating!

Should have the option to hide the bar but on any app launched it should visible until the user decides to hide it. That would be the best solution in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Icarus3000 likes this.
    08-28-13 01:22 AM
    Go to Berry Leaks channel, vote for squircle T shirt.

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1323 | by a CrackBerry Squircle Addict | Brain Bricker
    08-28-13 06:32 AM
    Should have the option to hide the bar but on any app launched it should visible until the user decides to hide it. That would be the best solution in my opinion.
    Who at Blackberry makes these decisions? My non-scientific survey of these forums indicate that 99% of the users agree.

At least BB has a track record of correcting some of their silly mistakes (e.g. not including multiple alarms, not including a proper bedside mode, etc...), so I'm hopeful this will be fixed in 10.2.x.
    08-28-13 08:23 AM
    There is a back bar in the CB application as well. I'm not sure why I never realized this before, but I do not like it being permanently on my screen. I would rather be able to call for it as needed. This goes for any application, actually. Where is that lovely pin that one could use to lock the back bar if needed? Bring that back. It was superb.
    Icarus3000 likes this.
    08-28-13 08:29 AM
    I run a Z10, and personally the bar doesn't bother me one bit..

But reading through these comments I think I've come up with the perfect solution.. at this point I'd doubt highly it will make it into the 10.2 release, but if those who care enough about it all push the same idea to blackberry maybe you'll see a change shortly after..

The issue, from my understanding, was that in 10 and 10.1, when you hid the bar is stayed hidden.. maybe you were in an android app that had a built in back button, or didn't need one.. you hid the bar.. you exited that app, opened a diffrent android app and the bar was still hidden.. now a layperson didn't now how to call the bar back up..

Suggestion:

Why not combine the two implementations.. make the bar always on by default.. like it is in 10.2, but also have a minimize button on it.. however have that reset every time you open an app.. ie, you open a game.. you need the screen real estate, you press the minimize button, bar bar slides down.. you close the game, open it or anything else again.. bar is back.. no one has to worry about how to bring it back, it's there in every app every time just like they want, but one quick tap to minimize it.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 08:59 AM
    I run a Z10, and personally the bar doesn't bother me one bit..

But reading through these comments I think I've come up with the perfect solution.. at this point I'd doubt highly it will make it into the 10.2 release, but if those who care enough about it all push the same idea to blackberry maybe you'll see a change shortly after..

The issue, from my understanding, was that in 10 and 10.1, when you hid the bar is stayed hidden.. maybe you were in an android app that had a built in back button, or didn't need one.. you hid the bar.. you exited that app, opened a diffrent android app and the bar was still hidden.. now a layperson didn't now how to call the bar back up..

Suggestion:

Why not combine the two implementations.. make the bar always on by default.. like it is in 10.2, but also have a minimize button on it.. however have that reset every time you open an app.. ie, you open a game.. you need the screen real estate, you press the minimize button, bar bar slides down.. you close the game, open it or anything else again.. bar is back.. no one has to worry about how to bring it back, it's there in every app every time just like they want, but one quick tap to minimize it.

Posted via CB10
    Lol that's what I said

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 04:57 PM
    On Q10 so many apps become unusable. Will/need to stick with Z until this is fixed...

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 10:19 AM
    On Q10 so many apps become unusable. Will/need to stick with Z until this is fixed...

Posted via CB10
    I hate to say it, but don't hold your breath for it...

Hopefully devs who ported their android apps will soon start making changes so Q users can still use their apps effectively on 10.2
    09-02-13 04:17 PM
    I hope somebody finds a way to fix it.. I'm not sure if I would upgrade to 10.2 without this fixed as it would seriously impact the ability to use android apps on my Q10.
    09-02-13 08:14 PM
    I hope somebody finds a way to fix it.. I'm not sure if I would upgrade to 10.2 without this fixed as it would seriously impact the ability to use android apps on my Q10.
    But that's the thing, the reason this thread has been started in the first place. To inform people that there is no 'fix' coming as this isn't a bug or an issue as such. It is design. The only way around it is for devs to code their app in such a way that they won't show the back bar.
    09-02-13 08:34 PM
    A note about the android bar: please read this-img_00000002.png
    A note about the android bar: please read this-img_00000003.png
    The apps run so smooth on the runtime that without the bar it almost feels native. Btw I don't know how I got the bar to dissappear but it happened. I wish it was on my q10 and not the z10

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 12:13 AM
    I hope this clears things up a bit. Keep enjoying the leaks!
    Thanks VeniceBB. If people do want this behaviour to have any chance of changing or being an option to enable/disable, write in to BlackBerry, voice your concerns etc...
    VeniceBB likes this.
    09-03-13 06:52 AM
    Thanks VeniceBB. If people do want this behaviour to have any chance of changing or being an option to enable/disable, write in to BlackBerry, voice your concerns etc...
    Dear Blackberry,
    I'm running an OS I'm not authorised to and using an app that's not supported on my device. It's not behaving as I'd like, can you help?

Many thanks,
    Numbnuts.
    09-03-13 07:28 AM
    Dear Blackberry,
    I'm running an OS I'm not authorised to and using an app that's not supported on my device. It's not behaving as I'd like, can you help?

Many thanks,
    Numbnuts.
    LOL! If only there was a way for BlackBerry to test out their new/unreleased OS builds on a large and varied user base for free, obtaining potentially valuable feedback... hmmm....
    syplex likes this.
    09-03-13 08:26 AM
    LOL! If only there was a way for BlackBerry to test out their new/unreleased OS builds on a large and varied user base for free, obtaining potentially valuable feedback... hmmm....
    If your previous post indicating your valuable feedback, I don't believe they need it.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    09-03-13 08:39 AM
    If your previous post indicating your valuable feedback, I don't believe they need it.
    Ouch. Was simply echoing/agreeing with VeniceBB's suggestion of how to channel potential changes towards BlackBerry...

Want to complain about it to BlackBerry? Wait for the OS to be released officially, sign up for BlackBerry Beta Zone and join the BB10 community. They have a postingboard where people can address their questions and concerns and -as has been proven by some of the changes we've seen on 10.2- BlackBerry does take note and tries to find the way to please us all. Who knows what may come from it. Just wait for the official release before doing so.
    09-03-13 08:45 AM
    09-10-13 09:35 PM
    Remarkable... valuable feedback actually works!

Huzzah! Who'd a thunk that eh?

LOL!
    09-10-13 09:41 PM
    I'm so happy that they are actually listening to our feedback! Can't wait for the new 10.2!
    09-10-13 09:52 PM
    Yeah now if we can only see a 10.2.0.16XX leak drop soon!!
    09-10-13 10:18 PM
    Good things is they listening to Q10 owner's feedback

#ichooseblackberry10
    09-10-13 10:20 PM
    This is just another example that some healthy constructive criticism (some call it complaint) help BBRY making better product.
    09-10-13 10:52 PM
    I honestly couldn't see BlackBerry releasing an official version with no option to hide the bar...especially for the Q.

Now all we need is the unlocked runtime of this.

- aBBuser seeing squircles on CB10
    09-11-13 12:31 AM
    Hopefully it's just a runtime update as stated, because I think they don't have radio for the newer builds right now.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    09-11-13 12:49 AM
89 1234