Mine disappeared by itself and I honestly like it more this way... Im affraid of changing oses or sideloading any more apps for it not to come back.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 12:42 AM
    I don't know for what is that big problem. This bar is present also in CB10 app. I think it is ok...
    Sure... will be fine if it be optional.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 12:50 AM
    I don't know for what is that big problem. This bar is present also in CB10 app. I think it is ok...
    Sure... will be fine if it be optional.

Posted via CB10
    the bar minimizes on the cb app or any native app for that matter.. when i had my z10 i kept hitting the back button instead of the numeric symbol key when typing on the keyboard, that was annoying as F.. with the q10 on instagram i cant even fully view a picture because of this stupid *** bar

BB keep dumbing everything down :thumbup:
    08-26-13 08:22 AM
    the bar minimizes on the cb app or any native app for that matter.. when i had my z10 i kept hitting the back button instead of the numeric symbol key when typing on the keyboard, that was annoying as F.. with the q10 on instagram i cant even fully view a picture because of this stupid *** bar

BB keep dumbing everything down :thumbup:
    We've already being told that it's up to the dev removing it.

Want to raise your concern to BlackBerry support? Tell them you dislike the bar on the application you converted yourself, which you also do not own. And also don't have the permission to use.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    08-26-13 08:34 AM

Want to raise your concern to BlackBerry support? Tell them you dislike the bar on the application you converted yourself, which you also do not own. And also don't have the permission to use.

Are you saying one of the reasons blackberry is forcing the bar upon us is to discourage unauthorized sideloading by making the experience less appealing to the end user?
    08-26-13 08:37 AM
    Are you saying one of the reasons blackberry is forcing the bar upon us is to discourage unauthorized sideloading by making the experience less appealing to the end user?
    Of course not. Only would a wicked individual think they'd even consider shooting themselves in the foot.

But knowing that, would you be able to complain with a straight face?

08-26-13 08:42 AM
    Of course not. Only would a wicked individual think they'd even consider shooting themselves in the foot.

But knowing that, would you be able to complain with a straight face?

Good God. The bar sucks, it should be optional, it is a regression from 10.1.x.x. No one really knows if its there to stay, except BlackBerry. It could be there to help Android app developers with porting, it could be there to help first time users figure their phone out. It really just needs to be able to be hidden or optionally shown. Is that so hard to swallow?
    absolut20 likes this.
    08-26-13 12:24 PM
    Time to agree to disagree fellas
    Whatever your opinion on the bar is, in the end we can't change it, we can't make it disappear.
    Want to complain about it to BlackBerry? Wait for the OS to be released officially, sign up for BlackBerry Beta Zone and join the BB10 community. They have a postingboard where people can address their questions and concerns and -as has been proven by some of the changes we've seen on 10.2- BlackBerry does take note and tries to find the way to please us all. Who knows what may come from it. Just wait for the official release before doing so.
    08-26-13 01:20 PM
    Good God. The bar sucks, it should be optional, it is a regression from 10.1.x.x. No one really knows if its there to stay, except BlackBerry. It could be there to help Android app developers with porting, it could be there to help first time users figure their phone out. It really just needs to be able to be hidden or optionally shown. Is that so hard to swallow?
    Guys, I also find the bar utterly ******** and would like it gone. Heck, my instagram app now has two stupid back buttons.

Sadly, there's people out there who can't figure things out for crap. The back gesture was good, the optional bar was good.

But even on this forum, there were some "not-so-bright" individuals asking why the back button their on Android ports was gone and how to bring it back... people asking where the text messaging app was, etc. we even got to the point where BlackBerry felt the need to include the retardation the Hub icon is.

I wished they didn't have to appeal to that kind of people, but they do.

Now, here's where the comparison goes sideways. With the undeletable HUB icon, the slow ones get "easy" access to their messaging centre, there's just no way they can mess that one up. While westruggle with the "cumbersome and hard to learn gestures" while also shoving said icon away on a folder called 'fecal matter' (in my case).

While with the Android bar being a one and only situation (always there) you also leave no room for people to screw things up.
    What if an app lacks it's own back button and a person with a below the average intelligence hides it? You know what happens? "Screw you, blackberry, I'm buying an iPhone " is what happens.
    It's a sad thing, but it does, indeed, happen.

Or have you not noticed how people ask obvious questions despite the OS showing you the answers on its crapload of tutorials?

That being said, I'm sure they'll come up with something smart and provide us a foolproof workaround.. Like us removing some file in the OS. Just like they still let us sideload without being actual devs or testers.

I still wouldn't ask for them to help me out with some pirated stuff, not even when they allow us to.

n8tiveg likes this.
    08-26-13 01:24 PM
    FrankIAm,

The bar was hidden by default in older OS versions, and required a fairly unconventional gesture to go back. The simple solution would be to show the bar by default, and make it a very deliberate action to disable or hide the bar. This would allow the people you think are simpletons to use the phone without issue, and allow others to save screen real estate. Also, I don't know where you're getting this sideloading == pirating idea from, but it is nonsense.
    Icarus3000 and absolut20 like this.
    08-26-13 01:34 PM
    If you feel something around your neck, thats me using my Darth Vader powers to strangle you remotely...
    NOOOOO !! what have you done master Yoda!?? have you lost your mind?!
    you cant be using the dark side of the force! you..you were the chosen one!
    we had faith in you. you were supposed to bring peace and greatness into this world!!
    folks : we are doomed.
    08-26-13 03:51 PM

ah in that case let me contact instagram.. oh wait
    08-26-13 03:55 PM
    [QUOTE=Montmartre;9065613]
    So why would they provide such option?/QUOTE]

...so that BlackBerry customers feel free to configure their devices and optimize their own mobile experience. Am I being too liberal, here?
    Too liberal, nah. Just not practical.

Anyway, someone please sticky so I can link it in my sig for those that just don't want to accept - no.
    08-26-13 10:43 PM
    If they gave us an option to hide and some people forget how to get it back, then more people would complain as the fellow above said. You never know they might even make it take up half the screen. Enough people complained about the squircles making them dizzy and look what happened.

Posted using CB10 Rockin STL100-3 Runnin latest 10.2.0.1371
    in_loco_nomen and Blacklatino like this.
    08-26-13 11:18 PM
    i used to pride myself on using a blackberry because of all the different options and setting you'd have to use. it wasn't made for noobs and I tell all my friends that, there is a learning curve and once you learn it, your flying. forcing a bar to be at the bottom of all android apps is ********. they should have kept it so you can toggle on/off and have it on by default. if there are those who dont know how to swipe or use gestures they should have not bought this phone in the first place.

they all need to go back to ios or from whatever hell they came from
    08-27-13 01:00 AM
    I have to add something, didn't find any mention of it really. (Sorry if I overlooked something)

I am using PLEX for android (already bought it for playbook and now sideloaded for my mighty z10) since it works very well for an android port)
    Fact is that all fullscreen video (that uses the android video player, or the 'internal' plex player (you can actually chose)) does use the full landscape screen without showing the bottom 'back' bar!
    My point is that BB probably does check the android option to hide/mask/dim the on-screen-softkeyboard (for e.g. full screen video players and similar) and devs probably can/could make use of that - BUT on the other side, rarely do..
    Not sure why many games do need the soft buttons to be shown (on either a native android device or the bb android runtime) while there is an on-game-screen option menu, that does give quite the same options.

So reading over my post, I am already confused - great. Sry for that, it's early morning here
    Last edited by endevour; 08-27-13 at 02:36 AM. Reason: did add some typos
    08-27-13 02:35 AM
    i used to pride myself on using a blackberry because of all the different options and setting you'd have to use. it wasn't made for noobs and I tell all my friends that, there is a learning curve and once you learn it, your flying. forcing a bar to be at the bottom of all android apps is ********. they should have kept it so you can toggle on/off and have it on by default. if there are those who dont know how to swipe or use gestures they should have not bought this phone in the first place.

they all need to go back to ios or from whatever hell they came from
    Devil's advocate: we all know BlackBerry isn't doing as well as they'd hoped to be doing by now. Those people you'd like to send back to iOS or other platforms are actually needed to get BlackBerry back on the map.
    Isn't it possible that changes as these, that simplify things, could eventually help to bring in new users? Are we as existing customers helping to slowly kill BlackBerry with our demands to keep things the way we like them, 'advanced' options and all?

*note: Not saying I want to keep the bar myself, but thinking that this could be an interesting point in BB's decision-making for the OS

Posted with my Q10 using CB10
    Shane8750 likes this.
    08-27-13 03:44 AM
    Devil's advocate: we all know BlackBerry isn't doing as well as they'd hoped to be doing by now. Those people you'd like to send back to iOS or other platforms are actually needed to get BlackBerry back on the map.
    Isn't it possible that changes as these, that simplify things, could eventually help to bring in new users? Are we as existing customers helping to slowly kill BlackBerry with our demands to keep things the way we like them, 'advanced' options and all?

*note: Not saying I want to keep the bar myself, but thinking that this could be an interesting point in BB's decision-making for the OS

Posted with my Q10 using CB10
    You make a compelling argument.

My concern is if your correct in your premise of appealing to the people that like a basic or simple phone experience that in of itself will lead to plain user experience on BlackBerry.

With a BlackBerry that is not differentiated from the other platforms why would people migrate from them to BlackBerry? Surely not for the hardware nor for application library.

I for one believe that the advanced options is important.

That said I understand that BlackBerry is trying to succeed and I applaud them for their efforts in that regard.

Just bring back the squircle!

Please and thank you.

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1323 | by a CrackBerry squircle addict
    Crackberrykills likes this.
    08-27-13 05:34 AM
    Does anybody have some popcorn that they can share? I ran out a while ago.

It's just a bar on an unofficial OS people. You guys act like it's the end of the world. This is Crackbeery not BlackBerry. Go and whine to them directly.

It's like if you own a Toyota and go complain about the cup holder placement on the console to Honda.

:rofl:

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    08-27-13 05:55 AM
    Does anybody have some popcorn that they can share? I ran out a while ago.

It's just a bar on an unofficial OS people. You guys act like it's the end of the world. This is Crackbeery not BlackBerry. Go and whine to them directly.

It's like if you own a Toyota and go complain about the cup holder placement on the console to Honda.

:rofl:

Not really. It's like if you own a Toyota and complain about the cup holder placement on an unofficial Toyota fan forum. Which is completely reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 05:57 AM
    Obviously things are being changed because of people commenting on their likes and dislikes.

Perhaps CB is not the official place to let BlackBerry know how one may feel about something but it is a fan site so it seems a fair place to voice ideas about what BlackBerry is doing.

And as far as comments on leaked BlackBerry software. If BlackBerry discounts leak OS users comments just because we are using leaked software that is truly unfortunate as someone here could make a valid point on something that they feel important. That would be like if I see you doing somehow and your having difficulty and I suggest a good solution and you don't availe yourself of my idea just because you didn't ask me for help.

Imho.

08-27-13 06:46 AM
    Not really. It's like if you own a Toyota and complain about the cup holder placement on an unofficial Toyota fan forum. Which is completely reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    Point taken but either way one things has nothing to do with the other. The unofficial forum isn't the one who determined the cup holder placement.

Anyway...do you have any spare popcorn?

I miss the squircle..Lol.

08-27-13 07:19 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Prob likes the hub icon also...

Sorry, but the gestures and fluid movement without a back button was such a strong part if the os... made it different and once you play with it for about 10 mins it's almost natural. I say black list the black bar. Q or Z

Posted via CB10
    I say lose it for the Q but keep it for the Z series. It doesn't hurt anything and new users will find it useful.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.2.0.1371
    08-27-13 07:28 AM
    Point taken but either way one things has nothing to do with the other. The unofficial forum isn't the one who determined the cup holder placement.

Anyway...do you have any spare popcorn?

I miss the squircle..Lol.

Daaaamn, I miss that sucker too...

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 07:29 AM
    To my mind there is no inappropriate place to voice an opinion stated respectfully, certainly a discussion about BlackBerry related matters is well within reason in the forums at Crackberry.com. IMHO

08-27-13 10:04 AM
89 1234