I have installed WhatsApp Android on my phone and had some difficulties getting the data (chats etc) transferred so I switched from one app to another quite some time. WOW the difference in speed is very noticeable. The native WhatsApp is just so smooth compared to the Android version
    12-29-17 03:56 PM
    That would be true anytime you are running a non-native app inside of another operating system. It would be the same if there was a BB10 runtime for Android or an iOS player for WinPhone - the non-native app wouldn't run as well or as fast.

At least you have the Android option for now - otherwise, you wouldn't have WhatsApp (and lots of other apps) at all on BB10.
    12-29-17 05:41 PM
    I have installed WhatsApp Android on my phone and had some difficulties getting the data (chats etc) transferred so I switched from one app to another quite some time. WOW the difference in speed is very noticeable. The native WhatsApp is just so smooth compared to the Android version
    According to WhatsApp developer, there's no guarantee how long the APK will function properly. Search threads and you'll see official comment from dev.. May want to buy a cheap Android just for WhatsApp if that big a deal to you.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-29-17 05:44 PM
    I actually find the Android app to run much better than the native version especially with the WhatsFixer patch. No issues at all.
    12-29-17 05:45 PM
    Are you running a lot of Android apps on your device? I doubt you can match the speed of the native client but running fewer apps could help with overall performance.

I actually find the Android app to run much better than the native version especially with the WhatsFixer patch. No issues at all.
    It certainly uses less RAM than the native client.
    12-29-17 07:29 PM
    Are you running a lot of Android apps on your device? I doubt you can match the speed of the native client but running fewer apps could help with overall performance.

It certainly uses less RAM than the native client.
    I've currently got 12 Android apps on my device including WhatsApp. But I do find the whole experience with Android over the native version to be smoother and faster. Plus, the native version was unreliable with media sharing and had stopped connecting to the PC client, both now work as they should with the Android app.
    12-30-17 08:49 AM
    That would be true anytime you are running a non-native app inside of another operating system. It would be the same if there was a BB10 runtime for Android or an iOS player for WinPhone - the non-native app wouldn't run as well or as fast.

At least you have the Android option for now - otherwise, you wouldn't have WhatsApp (and lots of other apps) at all on BB10.
    Oooh! That's what we all need! A BB10 run time for Android!

Then we could complain about the lack of apps, privacy, security, and how poorly the BB10 native browser works in an emulator on Android ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

:-D

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    12-30-17 11:52 AM
    Oooh! That's what we all need! A BB10 run time for Android!

Then we could complain about the lack of apps, privacy, security, and how poorly the BB10 native browser works in an emulator on Android ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

:-D

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Somehow I missed this one earlier. LMAO now...
    12-30-17 05:55 PM