Oh dear: things are getting worse.
    The default browser is horribly slow: I can live with it for all that we love about the BlackBerry. Actually I'm using it more and more to replace apps, as they fail.
    But I can't get anywhere with (just for example)
    XE Currency
    CNN "Read More"
    Kindle Cloud Reader
    Reuters
    Fantastic Fiction
    (I know, the last is niche, but it's another example.)
    Any stories of your own? Cures? Can Firefox be rendered the default?
    Grimmer and grimmer. Hate Android. Despise Apple. Don't trust Huawei. Just adore BB10 and Z10.
    Where to go? What to do?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 07:11 AM
    Bookmarklets, dont save a ton though. Make sure your using IPv6 in the phones wifi connection and keep your cache clear. I say that only in regards to performance.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13258766

Changing the viewport is probably the absolute best thing to do in most occasions.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 08-28-18 at 07:46 AM.
    08-28-18 07:30 AM
    The default browser is horribly slow: I can live with it for all that we love about the BlackBerry. Actually I'm using it more and more to replace apps, as they fail.
    XE Currency
    CNN "Read More"
    Kindle Cloud Reader
    Reuters
    Fantastic Fiction
    Grimmer and grimmer. Hate Android. Despise Apple. Don't trust Huawei. Just adore BB10 and Z10.
    Where to go? What to do?

Posted via CB10
    My recommendation is to use the stock browser in Desktop mode and for a second choice use Qbrowser. I also have YuBrowser installed which isn't a spewed demon but it will get those pages that just don't work of clickable areas on the page that just won't function.

The OS is aged and holding on is nostalgic. I still take out my Passport every day almost to keep it working top notch and argue with myself to go back to it full time lol. It's a true marvel.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    08-28-18 07:46 AM
    My recommendation is to use the stock browser in Desktop mode and for a second choice use Qbrowser. I also have YuBrowser installed which isn't a spewed demon but it will get those pages that just don't work of clickable areas on the page that just won't function.

The OS is aged and holding on is nostalgic. I still take out my Passport every day almost to keep it working top notch and argue with myself to go back to it full time lol. It's a true marvel.

Desktop mode runs too hot. Change the viewport as I demonstrated with a simple bookmarklet.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s569/...a28663cec923bc

The Browser is fine.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 08-28-18 at 08:11 AM.
    08-28-18 07:48 AM
    the browser is going to start crashing more and more. also as sites beef up security they will cut off access as well. All is completely expected for an EOL product with no support.
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-28-18 08:36 AM

"'But you won't get it. I won't give my precious away, I tell you.'...
    The_Passporter likes this.
    08-28-18 08:43 AM
    XE Currency
    CNN "Read More"
    Kindle Cloud Reader
    Reuters
    Fantastic Fiction
    Where to go? What to do?

Posted via CB10
    Meh. Not surprising at all given BB10's predicament.
    Hate Android and despise Apple? Go old school, bring along a laptop, and use your Z10 as a mobile hotspot.
    Flatman and ck2nb like this.
    08-28-18 08:45 AM
    Meh. Not surprising at all given BB10's predicament.
    Hate Android and despise Apple? Go old school, bring along a laptop, and use your Z10 as a mobile hotspot.
    Geezers! that's a lot to carry you must be getting some big arms and shoulders lol
    08-28-18 08:57 AM
    08-28-18 08:59 AM
    Its as if some of you just want to bash it and bury it.. Why? wtf. Of course it's eol and we know theres no support, except here.

Solution, this should be it..

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13268033

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 09:02 AM
    It's not like the OP has other decent alternatives.
    Jolla/Sailfish device? Not in their current state.
    08-28-18 09:20 AM
    the browser is going to start crashing more and more. also as sites beef up security they will cut off access as well. All is completely expected for an EOL product with no support.
    Transactional and Relational Storage are available and functional, the more this is put down the more curious I am as to your intentions, or just overall knowledge of the web. You are right though.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 09:21 AM
    I use the XE Currency apk below I found on apkmirror. It works well on a classic.

com.xe.currency_4.6.1-129_minAPI16(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 09:42 AM
    It's not like the OP has other decent alternatives.
    Jolla/Sailfish device? Not in their current state.
    That like jumping off a sinking ship onto another sinking ship.... Their app support is going nowhere and their compatibility with Android is only a little better than BB10, but also not likely to improve. It's only real hope is how much the Russian Government might put into the company to keep this options alive...
    08-28-18 09:51 AM
    In browser is there any options to change user agent 😞

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 09:56 AM
    In browser is there any options to change user agent 😞

Posted via CB10
    Yep same answer, use a bookmarklet.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 11:39 AM
    Can you please explain how to use Bookmarklet? I really don't know how to use it

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 12:18 PM
    Can you please explain how to use Bookmarklet? I really don't know how to use it

Posted via CB10
    It's in the link above and then in another link....
    08-28-18 01:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s569/...a28663cec923bc

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 01:17 PM
    BEOL browser in BB10 app forum is working great for me. It's a stripped down Android apk as I understand. See thread "prototype browser" or something like that.

I've never had such a smooth and fast Android browser on BB10. It works with every website. No frills but don't care.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 01:47 PM
    BEOL browser in BB10 app forum is working great for me. It's a stripped down Android apk as I understand. See thread "prototype browser" or something like that.

I've never had such a smooth and fast Android browser on BB10. It works with every website. No frills but don't care.

Posted via CB10
    Here is the link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1142073

BEOL works great for me, too.

 BlackBerry | Q10
    08-28-18 01:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree, its working very nicely, the render is great.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 06:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Where can we find this browser?
    09-18-18 04:43 PM
    Where can we find this browser?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...owser-1142073/
    The_Passporter likes this.
    09-18-18 04:50 PM
    Not bad. Yubrowser works the same I'd say. Both are an excellent alternative to stubborn websites
    09-19-18 11:08 AM
26 12