Thanks for your reply Justin. Are you able to search back past 30 days on your live or Ic
    loud email?
    Hi Paul, had a quick check this morning, seems to only go back a month. I will double check in the settings and account options to see if this can be increased and will let you know.
    02-03-13 05:58 AM
    to the OP did you have this issues with your iphone?
    I don't have any issues at all with Gmail on my iPhone. I am due for a phone upgrade in a little over a month, so i am following stuff like this with interest. Z10 is at the top of my list, but I want to see more of these real world reports.

Is the Gmail app available for BB, or can it be side-loaded? Gmail works fine on my iPhone Mail, but I actually prefer their app anyway.
    02-03-13 06:20 AM
    Gmail is very important to me also, considering over 1 million companies use Google Apps (Gmail for business), it is a BlackBerry issue. Whether it's BlackBerry's fault is irrelevant, it's still an issue for BlackBerry and their pursuit to sell devices to companies that rely on Gmail services.

Wake up those that say just drop Gmail, some don't have a choice in the enterprise environment.
    02-03-13 06:24 AM
    Gmail is very important to me also, considering over 1 million companies use Google Apps (Gmail for business), it is a BlackBerry issue. Whether it's BlackBerry's fault is irrelevant, it's still an issue for BlackBerry and their pursuit to sell devices to companies that rely on Gmail services.

Wake up those that say just drop Gmail, some don't have a choice in the enterprise environment.
    OK it works fine if you pay for it correct? What business that relies on it can't pay for it?
    lotuslanderz and meltbox360 like this.
    02-03-13 06:53 AM
    The minute Google started their BS, I switched everything to outlook.com. Still have gmail account - but my outlook.com account is primary now.

Google does not want to pay MSFT. I get it. Doesn't mean it has to affect my life..
    02-03-13 08:37 AM
    Never did trust Gmail so never have signed up, guess I'll be happy when I eventually get a new BB. I just love when people get choked when a "free" service slowly changes and becomes less and less functional unless you spend more and more for it. Hmm, think maybe there was a reason for it being free to begin with. If Google didn't have android I might be surprised that they would cripple the functionality. But when they have a very popular OS is it really a huge surprise that they trim the services on other OSs or want to get licensing fees from other companies to run full service?
    02-03-13 09:02 AM
    I like BlackBerry.
    I like Google.

Google dropped active sync to support AN OPEN STANDARD called CalDav & CardDav.

Android supports it (obviously)...
    iPhone supports its...

Everyone else needs to get on the bandwagon. Hopefully BlackBerry can react fast and get an update out faster than Windows Phone which was also caught off guard by the change.
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-03-13 09:16 AM
    I like BlackBerry.
    I like Google.

Google dropped active sync to support AN OPEN STANDARD called CalDav & CardDav.

Android supports it (obviously)...
    iPhone supports its...

Everyone else needs to get on the bandwagon. Hopefully BlackBerry can react fast and get an update out faster than Windows Phone which was also caught off guard by the change.
    The PB has those. The Z doesn't?
    02-03-13 09:24 AM

Con's
    Gmail calender sync doesn't work properly.
    Kinda obvious if you actually did a GOOGLE search,lol.

Google drops Exchange ActiveSync support for free email accounts | ZDNet.
    whitbags likes this.
    02-03-13 09:51 AM

My lord get your facts straight.

Google drops Exchange ActiveSync support for free email accounts | ZDNet
    02-03-13 09:57 AM
    02-03-13 10:04 AM
    I also thought if you're paying for google services everything is good, no? If it is business you can't afford to pay for that?
    02-03-13 10:05 AM
    Home* Support * BlackBerry Knowledge Base *
    How to integrate Google Apps accounts as ActiveSync

Article ID: KB33472

Type:*Support Content

Last Modified: 01-30-2013

PrintEmail Document Bookmark
    Product(s) Affected:

BlackBerry 10
    Search the knowledge base:

Visit BlackBerry Community Support Forums
    Follow us on Twitter� @BlackBerryHelp
    Collapse all | Expand all
    Jump to: Environment | Overview
    Environment
    BlackBerry*10*OS
    Overview
    Users who subscribe to Google Apps can integrate there mobile account as ActiveSync where the default would normally a combination of IMAP/CalDAV/CardDAV. To complete this perform the following steps on the BlackBerry*10*smartphone.

Swipe down from the top bezel
    Select Settings
    Select Accounts
    Select Add Account
    Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen
    Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
    Complete all desired and required fields - Server address: m.google.com and Port:443
    Select Next
    Select desired PIM items for Synchronization

KB33472-How to integrate Google Apps accounts as ActiveSync
    02-03-13 10:06 AM
    Home* Support * BlackBerry Knowledge Base *
    Unable to add or modify CalDAV Gmail calendar account

Article ID: KB33458

Type:*Support Content

Last Modified: 02-01-2013

PrintEmail Document Bookmark
    Product(s) Affected:

BlackBerry 10
    Search the knowledge base:

Visit BlackBerry Community Support Forums
    Follow us on Twitter� @BlackBerryHelp
    Collapse all | Expand all
    Jump to: Environment | Overview | Resolution | Workaround | Additional Information
    Environment
    BlackBerry 10
    BlackBerry 10 10.0.9.2372
    PR 277714
    Overview
    The BlackBerry*10*smartphone*displays the following error when integrating your gmail account:*

Your email and contacts accounts were successfully added. At this time, the http://www.google.com/calendar/dav/u...ple.com/events server is unavailable and your calendar account can't be added. Please try again later.

Or when editing the gmail calendar account item from Settings>Accounts the following error is displayed:

Your account - Gmail*- [email protected] - [email protected] cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure that the account settings are correct.

Resolution
    This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
    Workaround
    If the account cannot be integrated wait 24*hours*to attempt to re-integrate again.

If*your*account*is*a*Google*Apps*account*please*se e*KB33472*to*integrate*your*account*as*ActiveSync. *

Additional Information
    Do not remove the calendar from Settings>Accounts to resolve this issue as doing so will cause remove the Gmail calendar and re-adding will fail

KB33458-Unable to add or modify CalDAV Gmail calendar account
    02-03-13 10:11 AM
    i found this on mobilesyrup. not sure if it works, but hopefully it can help you
    " Swipe down from the top bezel
    Select Settings
    Select Accounts
    Select Add Account
    Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen
    Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
    Complete all desired and required fields � Server address: m.google.com and Port:443
    Select Next
    Select your desired personal information items for synchronization

There you have it. That should have you back up and running in no time! As ever, if you have any issues, please don�t hesitate to get in touch."
    02-03-13 10:12 AM
    I read multiple people posting here stating that the discontinuation of ActiveSync for Gmail was postponed from this month to July.
    Good job Gmail. . . . so now we can have email pushed on our phones for just a few more months. ;;;side eye;;;
    02-03-13 10:20 AM
    So buy android or iOS. BlackBerry 10 is a differentiated OS and it won't appeal to everyone but that does not mean it does not rock.
    02-03-13 11:10 AM
    some complains Here Sounds Really Ridiculous Seriouslly Judge The experience BAD Only Cause The Gmail Issues ?
    PLs Guys less less
    02-03-13 12:17 PM
    What's the fuss about? On my iphone right now I actually use the mobile web interface to GMail which works fine for me. Otherwise maybe sideload the Android GMail app? (which isn't that great by the way).
    02-03-13 12:52 PM
    Can't search mail in imap beyond 30 days?!? What the **** is that about? So I have to sign on to Gmail to search mail? Pointless!
    Does the phone display emails older than 30 days? PB doesn't and it's a big pain for me, or would be if I didn't have an android phone. For me, this is a dealbreaker.
    02-03-13 12:57 PM
    Does the phone display emails older than 30 days? PB doesn't and it's a big pain for me, or would be if I didn't have an android phone. For me, this is a dealbreaker.
    From what i've heard/read, no it does not display email older than 30 days.
    02-03-13 01:03 PM
    From what i've heard/read, no it does not display email older than 30 days.
    Ouch! Even if that's true, I find it hard to believe BB would put such a limit on emails. I travel a lot and my travel arrangements are done over a period of months. For example, I'm currently arranging a spring trip to Vegas, California and cruise back home. Also, I'm arranging a trip to Italy in the fall with cruise back home. These trips are being done with other people, plus travel agent, online agencies, etc. They generate lots of emails that I keep and file for reference, and obviously that extends over a period of months. I can't have them disappearing after thirty days cause I'll be needing them in the future. Does BB10 really make this impossible, or difficult by forcing me to archiving them into a separate program?

I do archive the important one to Print2Go, but still like to have them in an email program so I can use them to contact the sender as needed, and that is usually well after the 30-day limit.

I can't imagine other people don't run into such situations as well.
    Last edited by brianatbb; 02-03-13 at 01:40 PM. Reason: add more
    02-03-13 01:37 PM
    A free yahoo account here in the states will not forward. You have to pay for mail plus.
    Just a heads up regarding Yahoo! Plus. I paid the fee specifically to retrieve older Yahoo! e-mails either to Gmail or Outlook.
    Yahoo! is blocking this even for Plus members now. (Retrieval, not pop forwarding).

Via Gmail's Pop3 Import, I was able to bring in messages from the Inbox only. New messages though were delayed by as much as an hour. I couldn't get FWDing in Outlook.com from Yahoo! to work at all. Outlook kept telling me I perhaps needed to subscribe to Yahoo! Plus.
    02-03-13 01:48 PM
    To be fair to Google, they do offer a pretty good iPhone app too, so its not like they want everyone to switch to Android to get a good Google experience.
    02-03-13 02:20 PM
    Keep your fingers crossed that Google makes apps for the BB10 platform like they did for iOS.
    02-03-13 02:22 PM
94 1234