Seriously? My g-mail is going to be messed up on this phone?

It works flawlessly on my Bold 9900, why can't they have that level of functionality....
    Seriously? I think you need to read the forums before you post,its a GMAIL issue not the DEVICE issue....
    02-02-13 12:04 PM
    Cgk,
    Indeed, ive just read about it and i'm a bit worried since all my 4 accounts are gmail...
    And not paired with Exchange
    What one would need to do to pair gmail with exchange before Google drops the service for free users?
    Borrow an iphone and do the setup for exchange just once?
    youthdancing likes this.
    02-02-13 12:09 PM
    02-02-13 12:25 PM
    Easy fix...dump Gmail...wasn't that easy. Next
    02-02-13 12:34 PM
    Sorry this is a Gmail issue not a BB10 issue, Google have decided to start putting lots of restrictions on their mail, no doubt trying to push users onto Android or Chrome. I use live, icloud and my own personal as well as exchange, no problems at all, handles them great.
    Yes, Gmail is not very good.
    02-02-13 01:14 PM
    What about Yahoo mail.
    02-02-13 06:53 PM
    Seriously? I think you need to read the forums before you post,its a GMAIL issue not the DEVICE issue....
    Well if it's a GMAIL issue, and yet GMAIL continues to work flawlessly on other devices other than the BB, where do you think the issue would be then?
    02-02-13 07:31 PM
    So RIM.. err 'BlackBerry' - the company that boosts its self as the maker of the best portable email device - couldn't work something out with Google? "Hey Google, maybe create a special server for RIM? Here's a hundred thousand per year, thanks!"

No?

I'm just glad that we have Skype and that BlackBerry is now appealing to those who wish to post duck face pictures with a sepia filter on Instagram!

Rubbish.
    02-02-13 08:08 PM
    Outlook.com is sooo good
    I agree
    02-02-13 09:19 PM
    This is beyond me why Gmail is doing these restrictions. They want people just tossing away and not using their email anymore?
    No they want you to buy an android or pay for it/
    anon(3896606) and Toodeurep like this.
    02-02-13 09:23 PM
    Well if it's a GMAIL issue, and yet GMAIL continues to work flawlessly on other devices other than the BB, where do you think the issue would be then?
    How does it work on WP8?
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    02-02-13 09:27 PM
    Outlook.com is great. I still use yahoo as my primary but I imagine I'll soon be forwarding my Gmail and yahoo to outlook.com. How much does Google charge for active sync support?
    02-02-13 09:28 PM
    I'll just drop gmail. Problem solved.
    02-02-13 09:30 PM
    Outlook.com is great. I still use yahoo as my primary but I imagine I'll soon be forwarding my Gmail and yahoo to outlook.com. How much does Google charge for active sync support?
    A free yahoo account here in the states will not forward. You have to pay for mail plus.
    02-02-13 09:37 PM
    What did you expect? You bought a new phone on a completely new platform on launch day tell me one completely new product as complex as a cellphone that has come out perfect out of the gate at launch. Early adopters of anything get the worst the product will ever be at the highest price it will ever be. This is why I am waiting a few months before I get my Z10 because hopefully there will be a few updates sorting out some issues and maybe there will be a carrier promotion in a month or two as well.
    ctuffy likes this.
    02-02-13 09:39 PM
    $60 bucks a year for EAS support by getting a Google apps biz account. Apparently MSFT and Google are fighting, who knew. Microsoft Office 365 is $72.

Might be worth it if it means Google stops reading your emails.
    02-02-13 09:41 PM
    that is google's problem, change to outlook you will be happy forever
    02-02-13 09:42 PM
    Just for the record syncing more then one google calendar to BlackBerry has never been possibly via BIS, it was done using the sync app Google provided, there are tricks to workaround, see post #24 in this thread and see if it makes the trick, if not i have no idea.
    02-02-13 09:48 PM
    This is beyond me why Gmail is doing these restrictions. They want people just tossing away and not using their email anymore?
    Nope, they simply want you to get an Android device.

@billydasco
    nigoinsnow likes this.
    02-02-13 10:08 PM
    Well it seems the only person in this thread complaining about the z10 is the person who started the thread. Speaks well for the z10.
    02-02-13 10:13 PM
    Seems reasonable to me that the original poster might expect a Z10 to work at least as well with Gmail as the previous BB's did. At least one person here suggested that it works "just fine" with their legacy BB device.

Someone else wrote that you can't sync multiple calendars even with the old BIS, and no one ever answered the OP's question whether people with non-Android devices can see >30 day messages on Gmail.

If legacy BB devices could do that, he's got a legitimate complaint, though not quite as broad perhaps as his original list.

People also have to remember that all these huge multi-prong tech companies are all pushing their own platforms and ecosystems, and are not exactly motivated to make everything run perfect on their competitor's products. (though obviously they should)

Opera got so ticked a few years back at MS intentionally serving their browser users bad CSS that made Opera look bad on MS sites that they came out with a special version of Opera called the "Swedish Chef version", which turned the text on all Microsoft websites into the dialect of the Swedish Chef from the Muppet show.
    02-03-13 12:23 AM
    my understanding is this will only be for newly created accounts. existing axcounts' active sync should stay functional.
    I really hope this is true. It would truly be awful to have to make another email handle to give business partners. smh Gmail
    02-03-13 12:34 AM
    I really hope this is true. It would truly be awful to have to make another email handle to give business partners. smh Gmail
    I read multiple people posting here stating that the discontinuation of ActiveSync for Gmail was postponed from this month to July.
    02-03-13 04:03 AM
    I believe the postponement is for Windows Phone 8 only.
    02-03-13 04:36 AM
    Don't you just love it when Google gives him something then takes it away? It's not like they're not making plenty profits.
    02-03-13 04:46 AM
94 1234