Ok so I have a had a lot of phone over the years. But I have mainly had an iphone as a personal phone and blackberry for work. I have had the phone from release and so far the experience has been very mixed. There is of course improvements on previous blackberry os's and some great features. But the email has been so bad I can't even put it in to words.

Con's
    Gmail calender sync doesn't work properly. Had to use active sync and even that is not great as it only shows one of my google calenders.

Gmail doesnt send from sent mail folder or put deleted emails in trash folder

Email is saying I have 21 emails? When I have read them all except 2 so no idea where the other 19 are unless it's using my labels??

Can't search mail in imap beyond 30 days?!? What the **** is that about? So I have to sign on to Gmail to search mail? Pointless!

I have no idea why they aren't working harder on the email side of bb10 as so many people are having the same problems and it's a phone which most of us use for email!!

If anyone has any ideas about the problems please let me know as I'm really losing hope with this phone already after 2 days
    02-02-13 05:46 AM
    Ok so I have a had a lot of phone over the years. But I have mainly had an iphone as a personal phone and blackberry for work. I have had the phone from release and so far the experience has been very mixed. There is of course improvements on previous blackberry os's and some great features. But the email has been so bad I can't even put it in to words.

Con's
    Gmail calender sync doesn't work properly. Had to use active sync and even that is not great as it only shows one of my google calenders.

Email is saying I have 21 emails? When I have read them all except 2 so no idea where the other 19 are unless it's using my labels??

Can't search mail in imap beyond 30 days?!? What the **** is that about? So I have to sign on to Gmail to search mail? Pointless!

I have no idea why they aren't working harder on the email side of bb10 as so many people are having the same problems and it's a phone which most of us use for email!!

If anyone has any ideas about the problems please let me know as I'm really losing hope with this phone already after 2 days
    Give that Z10 to me, I like it.
    02-02-13 07:58 AM
    Ever come to think of it that gmail is the problem here and not the z10 ?
    02-02-13 08:09 AM
    Sorry this is a Gmail issue not a BB10 issue, Google have decided to start putting lots of restrictions on their mail, no doubt trying to push users onto Android or Chrome. I use live, icloud and my own personal as well as exchange, no problems at all, handles them great.
    02-02-13 08:30 AM
    Sorry this is a Gmail issue not a BB10 issue, Google have decided to start putting lots of restrictions on their mail, no doubt trying to push users onto Android or Chrome. I use live, icloud and my own personal as well as exchange, no problems at all, handles them great.
    Thanks for your reply Justin. Are you able to search back past 30 days on your live or Ic
    loud email?
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    02-02-13 09:16 AM
    This is a big reason why I was hoping for a BB email service. It won't affect my decision to buy a Z10, just my decision to keep using gmail :P
    02-02-13 09:23 AM
    Yeah, this is a Gmail problem. If they're pulling support for active sync, I'm going to reconsider my options.

I've been having trouble with Gmail and it's calendars on my PlayBook. The old User Account browser trick on google syncs website didn't work anymore. It also wouldn't sync email or calendars or contacts while bridged. So I signed up for a outlook.com account to try things out on that side. Contacts, multiple calendars, immediate push email all worked flawlessly.

**** you Google.

Don't make such a broad negative forum topic header for something so specific and not BlackBerry induced.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 09:44 AM
    Blame Google

Go to a computer> Log in to your Gmail> Click the gears icon> Settings> IMAP Settings> you can change whether emails are archived or trashed (The default is to archive emails when you click delete. That's why they don't get trashed). The sent folder is a Gmail issue. I have the same problem with my Mac email client.

Another Gmail issue. I'm positive it's your IMAP labels, as I had a similar issue on my Mac. I never ended up fixing it, but I heard that it has something to do with the labels.

They've been working their *** off to get mass appeal. Trust me, most users don't give a crap about searching past 30 days on their email account. Besides, I'm 100% sure that this feature will come in an update soon. You are using version 1.0 software. iPhone didn't have copy/paste at that point. Wait for updates, or don't get version 1 software. It's that simple.

That's such an ignorant statement to make. They had a limited amount of time and had to prioritize. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't blame them for prioritizing smooth UI over the ability to search past 30 days. The rest of the issues aren't even their problem, and you will soon be dealing with the same issues on any non-Android device. Why do you think Apple is working so hard to push their own email service now?
    02-02-13 09:57 AM
    This is beyond me why Gmail is doing these restrictions. They want people just tossing away and not using their email anymore?
    02-02-13 09:57 AM
    Did you ask your carrier to enable BIS for your account?
    If it works on a Z10, problem resolved?
    02-02-13 10:17 AM
    I tried Gmail for about 4 months in 2011/2012. What's disaster of a service. Switched to Office 365, ya it isn't free, but have not had a single issue and it does everything perfectly. You get what you pay for.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-02-13 10:39 AM
    to the OP did you have this issues with your iphone?
    02-02-13 10:50 AM
    Outlook.com is sooo good
    edu3110, imz and anon(3896606) like this.
    02-02-13 11:14 AM
    Outlook.com is sooo good
    Does outlook.com support active exchange?
    02-02-13 11:28 AM
    So basically, gmail is a bust to use on our new cell phones (if when we get them, in Paul's case he has his)? How can we use emails for some business if they are going to limit the way we are able to receive them! Entirely backwards.
    02-02-13 11:36 AM
    Yup works great
    ESCON likes this.
    02-02-13 11:38 AM
    It is really amazing how someone gets pissed at the New Phone when it is a Google problem. If that is the only thing they wanted the new phone to do it do google email then why did you get a new phone? People today! Then you wonder why society is so screwed up. Call the big G and ask them what the heck is up why their crappy email does not work! Maybe Obama is in control of that also. LOL
    02-02-13 11:44 AM
    Seriously? My g-mail is going to be messed up on this phone?

It works flawlessly on my Bold 9900, why can't they have that level of functionality....
    02-02-13 11:44 AM
    So, sounds like your poor experience is with Gmail/Z10 interaction. Any other gripes?
    02-02-13 11:46 AM
    Did you ask your carrier to enable BIS for your account?
    If it works on a Z10, problem resolved?
    Forget BIS, it's gone (in regards to BB10), nothing requires it.
    02-02-13 11:47 AM
    Yea that is a GMail issue. Google pulled all support for Active Sync last month.
    02-02-13 11:54 AM
    conspiracy theory #1= KOOGLE is making it diffiCULT just to p!ss off bb owners as they are in competition,,, theory #2= anything google sucks & removes the life force from your soul & the data from everything else...
    Toodeurep likes this.
    02-02-13 11:59 AM
    download this: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ontent/126047/
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    02-02-13 12:00 PM
    Back when Google sync and maps stopped working efficiently I dropped it altogether and went to outlook.com. It works amazingly and I like the interface much better.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    02-02-13 12:01 PM
    Yea that is a GMail issue. Google pulled all support for Active Sync last month.
    my understanding is this will only be for newly created accounts. existing axcounts' active sync should stay functional.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-02-13 12:03 PM
94 123 ...