I have a question for those that want to go android way: why not blackdroid? Android aside key one looks pretty nice so why not go with it instead of a plain vanilla android?
    Probably because android folks like to root their phones, which you cannot do with BlackBerry.

Or the higher price may be a turn-off to some folks.

Or android phones are too flimsy, why spend a fortune on one and crack the screen soon thereafter?

Say what you will against old BlackBerry phones or small phones or feature phones, but they were almost always more sturdy than today's all glass phones. I literally drop my passport and 9930 down everywhere and they have NO scratches and work just fine. I would never ever ever do that to an iphone. Egads. Or my former Note.

Signature: Still typing away on my Passport SE!
    kbz1960 and stlabrat like this.
    06-30-17 02:13 PM
    iOS is getting a native file manager
    I could easily be wrong about this, but I think that native file manager is only for iPads and not iPhones?
    06-30-17 03:06 PM
    I could easily be wrong about this, but I think that native file manager is only for iPads and not iPhones?
    You could be correct, I've seen people say both.
    https://arstechnica.com/apple/2017/0...ahead-of-wwdc/

I think it's unknown at this point. But if iOS for iPhone gets a BB10-quality file manager with actual system integration, a la BB10, I'll be hard pressed to want to ever bother with Android.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-30-17 03:10 PM
    But if iOS for iPhone gets a BB10-quality file manager with actual system integration, a la BB10
    Yep, I am leaning towards an iPhone as well and that feature may seal it for me. Still on the fence.
    06-30-17 03:19 PM
    Heck with nougat. I just put my sim card into a gingerbread phone, and that's now my primary phone.

For backup, I have my handy 9930. No matter how nice the new phones and their specs are, I ultimately always come back to what most appeals to me - a pkb, small size, good construction, removable battery, good ereader especially in sunlight, and minimal distraction.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930!
    07-08-17 04:01 PM
    would love to have black phone, but not qualify to lay my hands on... I'll wait for 2 years and see what happen next...
    07-08-17 04:31 PM
    I'm ready to jump ship and am keeping a close eye on what Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2 will bring in Octoberish. Until then, I'll conti.ue with my Z30.

Sporting a Z30 STA100-5. OS 10.3.3.2205 SW .1463
    07-08-17 06:34 PM
    I am hoping for a Android classic device. This classic bold form factor will sell like hotcakes! I can believe blackberry won't come out with one using a decent camera and better processor.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 11:57 AM
    I'm ready to jump ship and am keeping a close eye on what Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2 will bring in Octoberish. Until then, I'll conti.ue with my Z30.

Sporting a Z30 STA100-5. OS 10.3.3.2205 SW .1463
    I think I could make that move by then, particularly if the new iPhone give me sticker shock and BlackBerry Mobile's device outlook doesn't improve by then. Sure hope Verizon gets the KEYone by this fall. It should be discounted by that time, or at the latest by Black Friday.

Pixel 2, with nice camera, decent photo storage through Google, and most importantly transparent and consistent software updates for a guaranteed two-year period, is a compelling choice if Google can improve the quality from the first Pixel.
    07-11-17 01:11 PM
259 ... 91011