It seems that BlackBerry has tried to make it easier to switch from all devices to their new BB10 except errr from another BB10 device.

What I mean is, you can use Device Switch on your phone and through BlackBerry Link to switch from an older BlackBerry device or an iPhone or Android device. However, if you are trying to switch from a Z10 to a Q10 for example, the process is not easy! You cannot do it through the phone device switch option and BlackBerry Link returns errors when trying to restore.

I couldn't transfer phonebook contacts from the Z10 to Q10 in anyway (I do not have phonebook linked to gmail). No matter what I did, I could only backup the Z10 but always got an error when trying to restore it to the Q10. The only way I ended up doing it was through an app called InTouch App.

It was frustrating but I'm glad I did the switch. I liked the Z10 but the Q10 just feels so much better in my hand. My only point is that I think BlackBerry forgot to factor in that people will be switching between BB10 devices in the future and the process should be easier just as easy as it is to transfer BBM contacts for example.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 06:35 PM
    Had the same problem. Was very aggravating. I also agree I love the Q10 better then the Z. I find it more for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 07:28 PM
    Had the same problem. Was very aggravating. I also agree I love the Q10 better then the Z. I find it more for me.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for replying. Apparently, most people have their contacts synced with their emails and thus don't have this problem. But I still wanted to sync my word substitution and other things from my Z10 which I couldn't.

For contacts transfer I found InTouch App to be the solution for what it's worth

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 07:50 PM
    I had problems as well. It messed up my contacts and hub integration. Had to hard reset a few times and it's been running flawlessly since. I loved the Z10 but my battery experience was horrible and I missed the physical keyboard so I made the switch. Haven't looked back. =).

Posted from Q10 and CB10.
    06-24-13 08:04 PM
    Contacts can be transferred via blue tooth.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    06-24-13 09:32 PM