I liked that BB committed it wont dump bb10 dec31st yet

Any chance they update some security details in a bb10 patchset?

Shouldnt waste resources on browser but make modern opera run smoothly maybe? + break jellybean apk limit with pi packets?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-19 04:57 PM
    BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry OS extended support is very very limited. I suspect there is some rationale for BlackBerry Ltd to extend the support window but I am not sure what that would be.

For all intensive purposes, BlackBerry 10 in 2020 will continue as a call, text, email device with other basic features such as calendar, contacts etc.

Nothing much will change and the usage will continue to deteriorate for a lot of BlackBerry users.

Realistically I do think that support will end sometime in the first half of 2020, this was always going to be a limited extension situation. At the very most they may extend it till end of 2020 but really, how many will be left??

BlackBerry OS users will be the ones who will fall the quickest due to the older hardware and the very limited use. A lot of carriers have turned off or had plans to turn off BIS come 2020, I don't think too many are clamoring to continue. At that point, your literally taking about thousands and thousands of users will be lost within a few days of 2020 which will make the situation even worse.

BlackBerry Ltd might have had some contractual or clients who requested BlackBerry 10 and the figured they may be able to squeeze a few extra million in revenue from BBOS for future needs of the company.

Sorry about the long post!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-19 05:15 PM
    Bb10 here never needed bis, but its out in sept31sth dueto modernisation to 5g.

Ithink the apps got efficient in pi and q, so it could require less resources but youre right

Itis unlikely theywill enhance the jellybean packages or anyother feature

Ithink theyre somewhat proud again of their android os tweaks which is good

Posted via CB10
    08-09-19 05:34 PM

Any chance they update some security details in a bb10 patchset?
    Nope.

They may be keeping BIS and BBID going, but they are not going to do anything with the OS itself. No one left to develop it.
    08-09-19 06:20 PM
    But...but.. but.. its
    C
    A
    N
    A
    D
    A
    !
    And allthe trees..and...

;D

Posted via CB10
    08-09-19 06:28 PM
    The EOL date has not changed. They just arent going to shut everything down is all. No further development will occur
    ppeters914 likes this.
    08-09-19 07:13 PM