My 9320, and for quite a few months my Z10 too both ran on 2g. BBM worked as well for me on 2G as on 3G.
    Sure, for basic messaging. Sharing pictures, video, voice, or video chats really suffer at slower speeds.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 07:40 AM
    Here is a bug to those who say it's flawless

Not the BBM we're used to. New BBM blows.-img_20140501_145122.png
    No contacts showing

Not the BBM we're used to. New BBM blows.-img_20140501_145144.png

Still stuck on contacts even after moving to chats

Not the BBM we're used to. New BBM blows.-img_20140501_145201.png
    Not the BBM we're used to. New BBM blows.-img_20140501_145209.png

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 07:55 AM
    Here is another bug, minor but still counts

Not the BBM we're used to. New BBM blows.-img_20140501_151357_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 08:16 AM
    Heya, add me to the group who likes bbm better on legacy, just saying.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-01-14 09:47 AM
    Based on my experience I disagree. In my opinion you're comparing apples to oranges. I'm no programmer but will bet that BBM on OS 7 was a comletely different set of code than the BB10 version. My thought is BBM 10 is a new version built from the ground up while BBM 7 is a more mature set of code.

I haven't seen any of the issues pointed out in the first post.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-01-14 09:59 AM
    Based on my experience I disagree. In my opinion you're comparing apples to oranges. I'm no programmer but will bet that BBM on OS 7 was a comletely different set of code than the BB10 version. My thought is BBM 10 is a new version built from the ground up while BBM 7 is a more mature set of code.

I haven't seen any of the issues pointed out in the first post.
    I have to wonder how the newest version of BBM works on legacy phones, not that the old version for legacy was better.
    05-01-14 10:11 AM
    I have to wonder how the newest version of BBM works on legacy phones, not that the old version for legacy was better.
    I'm guessing very very bad unless blackberry adds cascades to bbos8 of that's in the cards

Sent from the ocean using my waterproof Z10
    05-01-14 12:00 PM
    I'm guessing very very bad unless blackberry adds cascades to bbos8 of that's in the cards

Ok, I was still on legacy, BBM received updates, that is what I'm talking about. Everyone says it was better on legacy but is that still the case with legacy BBM updates or are they all talking before?
    05-01-14 12:05 PM
    This thread was never about which design is better legacy or BB10, most of the people prefer the BB10 BBM no question in that.

The OP was talking about bugs.

Posted via CB10
    gpktom likes this.
    05-01-14 02:37 PM
    I never had a problem with BBM on OS7.1. However, if I ever use Channels on the Z10 there us considerable battery drain, and many legacy devices have been slowed to almost useless with the addition if Channels to the legacy BBM update. I've helped dozens of legacy users go back to an earlier none Channel version.

Not every addition to BBM suits everyone.....
    I have the latest BBM on my 9650. It works very well for messaging and voice calls. Channels and stickers can be a bit slow.

I just wanted to point out that BBOS users can use messaging only; it's not necessary to use Channels. If you don't use Channels, straightforward messaging is unaffected by any Channels or stickers slowness.
    05-01-14 03:18 PM
    Ok, I was still on legacy, BBM received updates, that is what I'm talking about. Everyone says it was better on legacy but is that still the case with legacy BBM updates or are they all talking before?
    In all honesty, everyone's experience seems to be different. Personally I love BBM on bb10 and I has a legacy device before a 9300 to be exact. I can handle the odd bug here and there it's not like there game breaking bugs.

It all depends on what kind of user

kbz1960 likes this.
    05-01-14 03:45 PM
    And you and the other under bridge dwellers can keep trying to use that comment over and over in a lame attempt to discredit me whenever I post an opinion, but there's only one problem with that strategy: I owned more than one BBOS device (still do, actually - matter of fact I carry one with me every day), and - strangely - there are tons and tons of people here who had OS7 devices that have exactly the same stance on this stuff that I do.

Give it a rest.

None of those things existed in "the good old days".

Re: stickers, they happen to be extremely popular in the places in the world where BBM actually still has some marketshare. IE - not where you live. Because the vast majority of BBM users don't live where you do. I'm pretty sure they don't care what you do in NI either. Problem is - there's way more of them than there are of your kind who think stickers are "the most stupid idea ever".

Wrong.

No I didn't: he was ranting about the product. Something that never happens around here.
    Ya, I think you did, as I've already pointed out. Wasn't a rant either. I presented the points which supports my opinion and asked a question. You guys have a crush on each other?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 04:40 PM
    Why can't BBM, Contacts, Calendar, etc all open as smooth as the HUB?
    05-08-14 08:19 PM
    Yea OP, new bbm is so bad. With the hub integration in bb10, you really never need to open the app. Group messaging is horrible. Sending pics is worse than whatsapp. Its so glitchy and laggy on non-bbm phones.

The old bbm felt alot simpler and lighter. But those days are gooone

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 08:44 PM
    Stickers are crap too

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 08:45 PM
    Sort of on topic/off topic: Stickers don't work in groups.

Which means I must confess to having used stickers a few times. :s

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:03 PM
    Sort of on topic/off topic: Stickers don't work in groups.

Which means I must confess to having used stickers a few times. :s
    I use stickers too. The free ones are just like giant copies of some of the standard emoticons. I've been complaining for months that the emoticons are so small I can't tell them apart a lot of the time.

And I hear the beta BBM has a feature where you can send images right to group chat. Maybe it will allow stickers in group chat too. If so, I just hope admins can throttle that if they want or we'll end up with "sticker spam" all over the group chats...
    05-09-14 07:00 AM
167 ... 567