02-24-15 05:33 PM
43 12
tools
    Bell Canada
    North American unlocked Shop BlackBerry 10.3.1 update-img_20150220_130346.png

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:08 AM
    Could take a while.
    I think the capacity of BlackBerry's servers to handle the downloads if a major factor.

PS: have you tried switching off the phone, removing the sim, turn it back on and search for updates.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I tried that too. I think you might be right about the servers. I might just have to load official OS via Sachesi.
    02-20-15 11:31 AM
    I am currently in India but bought Z30 from shopblackberry from North America and i didnt get the update still.

BTW how are the updates being rolled out? based on location or from where they purchased?
    02-23-15 11:18 PM
    I understand everyone's pain (z10 stl100-3 , shop blackberry.com on T-Mobile). Let's flex patience we came this far, and the updates are slowly being pushed due to issues under heavy review at the moment.

Passports seem to get them faster since they are already on 10.3 would seem more then understandable. They are working on a fix for the flickering on those.

Issues are being worked on. Reason for the slow roll out. We all much prefer the fixed, optimized, and least buggy version of the update as possible.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails North American unlocked Shop BlackBerry 10.3.1 update-21589.jpg  
    02-24-15 02:19 AM
    I found a way to get the update on my factory unlocked Z30. I am in the US now, my home is nearby Waterloo. I've been checking for updates having no luck here in the southern US. Try the following :

In Settings/Location Services turn all off
    Power down phone.
    Remove SIM card
    Power up phone.
    Check for update.

Worked for me!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 04:08 AM
    Unlocked Z30 on AT&T in Atlanta and still nothing.
    02-24-15 07:30 AM
    Only need to remove sim card put it back check for software update and you will get it.
    Believe me

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 07:37 AM
    It looks like starting today the "Sim card removal" is working for a lot of ppl. So yeah remove SIM reboot wait a bit and check update

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 08:58 AM
    Only need to remove sim card put it back check for software update and you will get it.
    Believe me

Posted via CB10
    I wish that was in fact believable but I've tried that and BlackBerry Link with no success on either of my factory unlocked ShopBlackBerry devices.

Bob

Posted Via CB10 With One Of My Unlocked BlackBerrys >Q10-SQN100-5/10.2.1.3442>Z10- STL100-3/10.2.1.3337 On AT&T
    02-24-15 10:06 AM
    Michael Clewley posted this on Twitter a few minutes ago:

North American unlocked Shop BlackBerry 10.3.1 update-img_20150224_101038.png

I'll try it tonight on my wife's Z30 from Shop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Nikhilh likes this.
    02-24-15 10:14 AM
    I've also got an unlocked Z30 from shopblackberry.com, and I'm in the same boat.

I think its correct that factory unlocked phones will update directly, but perhaps the update has not been released yet for the Z30.

Searching through Sachesi, no carriers seem to have the latest update for the Z30, and I have seen very few that seem to have gotten an update either direct, or from a carrier OTA for a Z30. (Only updated using Sachesi or the autoloaders)

Rogers in Canada released the latest update OTA for most phones immediately, but not for the Z30, or Passport. They have the Z30 update listed as coming sometime next week I'm wondering if unlocked Z30s will also see the update next week.
    I used sachesi to update my z30. I let it auto search carrier and it auto detected my phone. I installed what it found for 10.3.1 and it worked just fine. No bugs or errors that other people have been noticing. Only one so far is volume buttons suddenly not working whole listening to music and trying to take video. Rogers network shopblackberry unlocked z30.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 10:55 AM
    Wife's Q10 bought from Shop BBC had no updates available as of yesterday.

SIM card removal didn't work on Sunday. I'll try it again when she gets home on Friday.

Z10 via CB10
    02-24-15 11:08 AM
    Unfortunately, nothing has worked for me and I'd prefer not to bother with a leaked OS. I've done the Sachesi thing once before to get 10.2.1 but would prefer to just get the update in a regular OTA fashion.

I've tried at least 4 different processes so far and this is getting frustrating. Part of the reason why I bought a factory unlocked device (Amazon) is because I want to receive software updates in a timely manner. I'm on AT&T and I'm in Colorado, USA, just like Bob80220. My Q10 is a -5 model. Obviously this isn't the end of the world, so to speak, but I'm frustrated nonetheless. I want the new OS!

PROCESS 1
    1. power down phone
    2. remove SIM
    3. power on phone
    4. check for updates (via WiFi)

DID NOT WORK. Still claims that I have the latest software available (10.2.1)

PROCESS 2
    1. Turn off Location Services
    2. Power down phone
    3. Remove SIM
    4. Power on phone
    5. Check for updates (via WiFi)

PROCESS 3
    1. Check BlackBerry Link.

PROCESS 4
    1. power down phone
    2. remove SIM
    3. insert Rogers SIM from Canada
    3. power on phone
    4. check for updates (both on WiFi and without WiFi)

02-24-15 11:10 AM
    Michael Clewley posted this on Twitter a few minutes ago:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150224_101038.png 
Views:	361 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	336549

I'll try it tonight on my wife's Z30 from Shop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    This works if you bought the phone from their store. I just tried it 5 minutes ago and I'm updating as i speak. Remember to turn off location services and only wifi when phone restarts.

Im on Tmobile and in Illinois with a Z30 fyi
    02-24-15 11:13 AM
    I'm on the west coast of Canada, bought my passport from Shop BlackBerry and received the update on Feb 20th via OTA.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 11:32 AM
    This works if you bought the phone from their store. I just tried it 5 minutes ago and I'm updating as i speak. Remember to turn off location services and only wifi when phone restarts.

Im on Tmobile and in Illinois with a Z30 fyi
    Still not working

Posted via my Nexus 6
    02-24-15 11:55 AM
    Unfortunately, nothing has worked for me and I'd prefer not to bother with a leaked OS. I've done the Sachesi thing once before to get 10.2.1 but would prefer to just get the update in a regular OTA fashion.

I've tried at least 4 different processes so far and this is getting frustrating. Part of the reason why I bought a factory unlocked device (Amazon) is because I want to receive software updates in a timely manner. I'm on AT&T and I'm in Colorado, USA, just like Bob80220. My Q10 is a -5 model. Obviously this isn't the end of the world, so to speak, but I'm frustrated nonetheless. I want the new OS!

PROCESS 1
    1. power down phone
    2. remove SIM
    3. power on phone

PROCESS 2
    2. Power down phone
    3. Remove SIM
    4. Power on phone

PROCESS 3

PROCESS 4
    1. power down phone
    2. remove SIM
    3. power on phone

Process 4 should have worked. Yesterday I updated my father's Q10 that way (inserting a Rogers SIM). I'm in Mxico City. His Q10 is not from Shop BlackBerry or Amazon, but it is unlocked.

I remember the Rogers SIM/Network took a little while to be recognized. Maybe you should try again.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 12:12 PM

PROCESS 1
    1. power down phone
    2. remove SIM
    3. power on phone

PROCESS 2
    2. Power down phone
    3. Remove SIM
    4. Power on phone

PROCESS 3

PROCESS 4
    1. power down phone
    2. remove SIM
    3. power on phone

I used Sachesi 1.2.1 and picked Canada(302)/ Rogers(720) as my country/carrier and bammmm got it and its so so smooth its smoother than my ol 10.2.1.3442. Though caution takes at least 1 - 2 hours. It was worth the push.

Side note for T-Mobile users if WiFi calling is important to you, I wouldn't suggest it. Other than that it's baller!!!

Leaks are for curiosity test drives, and official is for rolling out the lot in that new whip!!!
    02-24-15 05:33 PM
43 12