I normally don't like to open new threads since CB is already a high traffic forum. But I have to weigh in on the recent "disagreements" that have been thrown about the forums as of late. I've tried posting a couple of times on some threads that got closed so pardon me if I whip out the ole Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V. I'd very much like to have a productive discussion on this topic.

I think the recent backlash towards this new leak world that we're living in was inevitable. The world is made up of all kinds of people so to expect a 100% harmonious thread where everyone is in support and agreement with the current process that the Berry Leaks crew has implemented is unrealistic.

I think some of the points that Gueste makes are valid and I do not think he's a troll. Do I agree with all of his points? Not necessarily... but that's the beauty of a forum COMMUNITY.... people should be allowed and encouraged to share their thoughts and opinions. That's why I was a bit disappointed to see the separate thread that Gueste started about the "team" closed (UPDATED: And now the waiting room thread for 10.2.0.1323 is also closed!)

When you have a team such as Berry Leaks which has grown organically out of a community of forum posters that begins to gain traction and a following, you'd better believe there will be a population of readers out there whose numbers are just as large with an opposing view. I think it's perfectly acceptable to open a separate thread to discuss the merits of the Berry Leaks squad as long as none of the comments result in any personal attacks on the team members. There's always constructive feedback to be extracted from these types of threads. Will the feedback be appropriately framed and provide the right context? Not always... but that's the price you pay when you interact with people on the internet instead of face-to-face.

My personal views on the current leak process is this... I LOVE the leaks. And I am extremely grateful that they exist and that the BL team so enthusiastically shares them with us. The first 10 hours of a new leak are so exciting with all the buzz on the forums. I also have no issues with the team teasing us with early info of having a new leak and dropping a screenshot here or there. It builds buzz and anticipation and gives us something to look forward to.

So how would I change the current process? Easy. I would set a date for when the leak would drop. People love seeing movie trailers and teasers; but what makes the wait bearable is knowing when the movie will be released. And when the studio can't meet its release date? It updates the public with a revised date. I think if the BL team were to do the same thing, the amount of vitriol and animosity that gets tossed around these forums would decrease.

Anyways, just my $ 0.02. Thoughts?
    08-17-13 09:31 AM
    Well as I explained before, we test. As we all know, a OS takes 24-48 hrs to settle in. Testing begins about the 36hr mark. After that it can be up to another 24-48hrs AFTER testing is completed. As we start the reupload process to Mega, and GDrive and now some newer hosting sites for ease of download. This particular leak is taking a bit longer as we are completely overhauling the OP standard format, in order to ease alot of headaches (as long as people read the first posts)
    08-17-13 09:38 AM
    If they're ready to release the leak, they will. If they're not, they won't. If they want to release it later, they can release it later. It's not ours to give, take, or make demands about...
    rjedge54 likes this.
    08-17-13 09:39 AM
    Everybody just needs to chill.
    08-17-13 09:41 AM
    Hi Kris,

Completely understand your rationale and process. What I'm suggesting is to publish a default release date once you receive a leak (i.e. Set it for 4 days after receiving the leak). That way people won't get so worked up pestering the forums with questions of "when's it coming". Who knows, the community may come together in a more amicable fashion with waiting room threads that consist of countdowns rather than smackdowns!

And if you guys run into a snag that will delay your drop date, just let the community know. People will understand.

Posted via CB10
    HarryDragon and Uzi like this.
    08-17-13 09:43 AM
    And if they find problems they release a broken leak after four days?

Edit: Just read the last bit, to set a release date and then keep pushing it back is as bad (IMO) as not issuing a release date at all
    Cranky likes this.
    08-17-13 09:44 AM
    Hi Kris,

Completely understand your rationale and process. What I'm suggesting is to publish a default release date once you receive a leak (i.e. Set it for 4 days after receiving the leak). That way people won't get so worked up pestering the forums with questions of "when's it coming". Who knows, the community may come together in a more amicable fashion with waiting room threads that consist of countdowns rather than smackdowns!

And if you guys run into a snag that will delay your drop date, just let the community know. People will understand.

Posted via CB10
    I understand this but given the variables with some of the leaks it's hard to give a date.
    And, if we give a date and then delay it the masses will flip out and string us up like a cat....

Posted using mind control while drunk on Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.13xx from my LE running on VZW
    08-17-13 09:45 AM
    Hi Kris,

Posted via CB10
    I think the problem with that though is say they set the date for say 7 days.. but then something comes up and they have to push that back another few days or more, then more threads would open saying berryleaks are lying and asking why ect, and just put everyone in the same position as now pol

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    moody likes this.
    08-17-13 09:46 AM
    My question is,if before whenever a leak will come out it was released almost right away and what happened? Did anybody died? The anybody 's phone exploted ?No,people would complain,ask stupid questions, comment how good or bad that leak was and then move on to the next leak,that's it.
    I understand testing it for what? 48 hrs? But after that whatever you find there is nothing you can do about it but warning people about whatever that is.....nobody here thinks you guys are bad guys or anything like that,is just that you need to find a better more "community like" way to go about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 09:49 AM
    There is nothing wrong with the process they have been following, people just have to stop complaining and being rude to the people that are doing this for US.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 09:49 AM
    I understand this but given the variables with some of the leaks it's hard to give a date.
    And, if we give a date and then delay it the masses will flip out and string us up like a cat....

Posted using mind control while drunk on Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.13xx from my LE running on VZW
    I asked this before in another thread...don't know if it was ever answered....does the team report bugs and problems back to the source?
    08-17-13 09:50 AM
    Hi Kris,

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to go back to 10.2.0.663, when I had that OS. Before the team. Everyone whine and complained for me to release it. I kept saying no, because it didn't have working phone functionality. Well, I gave in to everyone and released it, and to say the least, those who installed it complained, and those who complained didn't install.

Also I go back to 10.2.0.1047, that was immediately released about 4hrs after we got the links to the CSE Production server.
    moody likes this.
    08-17-13 09:50 AM
    My question is,if before whenever a leak will come out it was released almost right away and what happened? Did anybody died? The anybody 's phone exploted ?No,people would complain,ask stupid questions, comment how good or bad that leak was and then move on to the next leak,that's it.
    I understand testing it for what? 48 hrs? But after that whatever you find there is nothing you can do about it but warning people about whatever that is.....nobody here thinks you guys are bad guys or anything like that,is just that you need to find a better more "community like" way to go about it.

Posted via CB10
    I see where your coming from, the old bbos leaks seem to come right away (as far as know, maybe the person who leaked them actually tested them without actually saying)

Also they can make somewhat of a hybrid as well if the leak isn't the greatest, they can change the radio, or other bar files as well. Thus making it better for some of the less tech say that don't know how

moody likes this.
    08-17-13 09:51 AM
    Thanks for the input, everyone. I'd like to clarify my stance a bit. I personally don't need a release date for leaks. It's no skin off my back to check in on CB once a day to see if there's anything new. If not, back to my life I go.

What I was hoping to accomplish with this thread was to come up with some ideas to help quell all the negativity that has become pervasive whenever there is hint of a new leak dropping. The same old arguments of "they should drop it asap" vs "they'll drop it when they're good and ready" have clearly gotten us nowhere. My suggestion (and it is only that... a suggestion, not a request, not a recommendation) was put out there as a topic of discussion to see if maybe it could help with the recent backlash.

Scorpion, I see where you're coming from in terms of a feline genocide should a release date get pushed back. I understand that it's not fair to self impose a deadline on a group of folks who are volunteering their free time to help others.

Anyone have any other suggestions on how to improve the overall community mood towards bb10 leaks?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 09:53 AM
    From my point of few, don't mention anything about new leak coming out. It will be better that way. Just like old time. When things are done. Just drop da bomb....
    08-17-13 09:54 AM
    From my point of few, don't mention anything about new leak coming out. It will be better that way. Just like old time. When things are done. Just drop da bomb....
    as much as I love to hear what they are testing and what's new, good, or broken, I think your point is the best and would make less "give me it now" threads

08-17-13 09:56 AM
    I don't want a specified release date, all that will do is crash servers as everyone attempts to download at once. Leaks should drop as and when it's convenient for the leaker to do so. I just wish they would keep quiet about what they are currently testing, I mean 832 posts in a thread for a leak we don't have? C'mon ppl, get a life!
    08-17-13 09:56 AM
    People would still be crying out (with multiple threads) for the latest leak
    08-17-13 10:00 AM
    People would still be crying out (with multiple threads) for the latest leak
    Maybe less though, if they don't know what's being tested ect, maybe less complaining and whining threads

08-17-13 10:02 AM
    I kept saying no, because it didn't have working phone functionality. Well, I gave in to everyone and released it
    Always go with your gut feeling. It's usually correct, no matter what.

I have no issues with the leak testing process and I see the leaks benefiting everyone on both sides of the BlackBerry server. IMHO I think it's actually speeding up the process of a stable and improved OS.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    moody likes this.
    08-17-13 10:03 AM
    I'm going to go back to 10.2.0.663, when I had that OS. Before the team. Everyone whine and complained for me to release it. I kept saying no, because it didn't have working phone functionality. Well, I gave in to everyone and released it, and to say the least, those who installed it complained, and those who complained didn't install.

Also I go back to 10.2.0.1047, that was immediately released about 4hrs after we got the links to the CSE Production server.
    Completely agree, some of us depend on the team to make sure our phones work to the best, fully knowing that this is a leak and taking into cognisance that there might be some things will not work as expected. The more people who know what it takes to make it work test and figure out what could be the challenges, it is best for people like me, to install the same and reach out for help.

Guys, I guess some things which was meant to be fun and a bit of dry humour went out of hand, as I mentioned in the other thread the supposed climax was a disaster. Hope everything settles down and we all have a bit of fun!

Ps: looking forward to the hangout tonight . ( for me past midnight)
    08-17-13 10:04 AM
    as much as I love to hear what they are testing and what's new, good, or broken, I think your point is the best and would make less "give me it now" threads

What does it to us us users? And eventhough it is bad we still load it on. ROFL.
    As we cannot alter the OS, what does the testing and teasing for? Can u fix it? NOPE.
    Don't tempt hungry people with food that you can't provide. That's my point. As for me, I couldn't careless when new leak will comes out. I just don't like the way it goes. Stick together, BlackBerry is dying.

Posted via CB10
    mania626 likes this.
    08-17-13 10:06 AM
    Personally I like the excitement of a new leak coming and the GOOD BANTER that goes on with it. People talk about what they would like to see in new OS and problems they are having.
    Also the guys do there Google show and talk about topics that people enjoy and let us ask questions because people like myself are not computer smart and I learn from all of this type of stuff.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 10:06 AM
    There is nothing wrong with the process they have been following, people just have to stop complaining and being rude to the people that are doing this for US.

Posted via CB10
    It ain't rude mate. Just don't tempt other people when u can't give it now.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-17-13 10:07 AM
    What does it to us us users? And eventhough it is bad we still load it on. ROFL.
    As we cannot alter the OS, what does the testing and teasing for? Can u fix it? NOPE.
    Don't tempt hungry people with food that you can't provide. That's my point. As for me, I couldn't careless when new leak will comes out. I just don't like the way it goes. Stick together, BlackBerry is dying.

Posted via CB10
    I've been saying this a couple times now, some of the stuff can get fixed by loading other bar files or radios ect. Sure it's not as customizable as bbos was but you can alter it alittle.
    And I do agree that even if it's "bad" most people still load it to get our "leak fix" lol

08-17-13 10:09 AM
161 123 ...